Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Lance Quazar wrote:Great news!

New idea - make an Instagram account for the Alliance!!!

Like the twitter feed. But Instragram is made for pics, it would be yuuge.

Mannnnnn, I struggled enough to get this "Twitter" working, it's about as far as I'm willing to go! Email and Texting are good enough for me! Facebook? Instagram? What are those? I honestly can't tell you what Snapchat is. I only vaguely know what Instagram is! lol. Feel free to jump in and help me out! lol

What's that, sonny? Get off the lawn! :-)
Awesome news, thanks for keeping the site up to date! It is one of the best fan resources that is out there (as far as I'm concerned)!

Would you be interested in having a Facebook page? I'd be willing to start/run it. I manage a page, and I'm also staff on the Yakface page. I also have a degree in public relations, so I'm qualified for the position. :lol: Please let me know if you'd be interested in doing something like that!
Darth Kikinou wrote:
Lance Quazar wrote:Great news!

New idea - make an Instagram account for the Alliance!!!

Like the twitter feed. But Instragram is made for pics, it would be yuuge.

Mannnnnn, I struggled enough to get this "Twitter" working, it's about as far as I'm willing to go! Email and Texting are good enough for me! Facebook? Instagram? What are those? I honestly can't tell you what Snapchat is. I only vaguely know what Instagram is! lol. Feel free to jump in and help me out! lol

What's that, sonny? Get off the lawn! :-)

Instagram is a much better fit than twitter, since it's for posting images, not messages.

Don't worry about snapchat, I'm too old for that one, too.
hehe thanks guys! Yes we need more exposure for this amazing art form, whatever it takes! What would be on the facebook page? Alright I'll check out this "instagram" thing lol

I'm kind of disappointed we didn't have an explosion of PNs stemming from the new movie but I partially blame Hasbro for making all the toys for it junk (5 POA.. ugh)
For the Facebook page I'd post updates anytime one of us posted new chapters or novels, and I'd also post the "coming soon" images people do.

Off the top of my head, I think doing a Weekly Chapter Spotlight would be fun too, just so we could showcase the older series that people might not checkout otherwise.

I could probably come up with something else to do as well, something that might be more interactive than just posting updates or chapters.
The page is up! I launched it and invited a few members from here (and some friends) before I had to leave unexpectedly. We are already up to 20 likes!

I also created a new profile picture and used the site header for the cover photo. I'll post tonight about the recent site update with all the new chapters. :)

https://facebook.com/ThePhotonovelAlliance
Wow, awesome, Jodo! Thanks for taking this on!

Hey, I don't want to be an armchair quarterback after all your awesome work. So forgive me butting in...

But I think either the profile pic OR the cover pic should be an image from one of the many amazing photonovels on the site. (Maybe even rotate it out once a week or as your have time...)

That way, people who may not know what it is will instantly see a cool pose of action figures in action and will "get" what the site is and might be intrigued to check it out.

I think just having the words in both places isn't quite jazzy enough or attention-getting enough.

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Entertainers? Nah, it'll never be chosen. :wink:[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

I love all these entries!!! My first custom in a[…]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1

As a member of Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders, the Dypl[…]

And yes! Maybe some of the Will Turner figures w[…]

Hi, I have a couple copies of John Tyler Christoph[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Oh, boy... desperately need the following if anyo[…]