The 11th Trial: DESOLATION

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: The 11th Trial: DESOLATION

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Finally getting to this after vacation. That's a pretty cool chapter. I liked how you explained the time jump and it works well. The penal colony is done well and I like how you explained its origins. NI also like the looks of a lot of your characters. The assassin droid, the lizard con and the old man especially. Nice work. I can't wait to see how Rykrof develops!

The only change I can suggest is a typo: your'e < you're

Good catch on the typo, d'oh! I fixed that.

Really glad you liked this chapter and I appreciate you taking the time to read and share a few thoughts.

Hopefully I can get some work on the next chapter done in September. Doubt I'll have the new chapter up before Halloween, but maybe Thanksgiving. Who know though, if I can find a free weekend I might be able to make some quick progress.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:10 pm

my kind of scum wrote:I'm late to this one, sorry about that.

But I loved it. An interesting locale - somewhat claustrophobic in the photography which is entirely apt. And everything there looks so perfect. The customs, the debris... Just gorgeous.

And the story gives us a perfect tantalizing glimpse at what happens next and... Well, I want to see more, indeed.

Better late than never. :)

I'm glad you liked this chapter, and the location/stuff that went into it. I felt I had to make a totally new world and "feel" for this chapter and hopefully accomplished it.

As always - thank you so much for the support/taking time to post some encouraging thoughts.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:32 pm

UKHistory wrote:Very intriguing episode:

Story content: Enloe's story has taken a very dark turn. Years have past which makes the audience wonder how long? Enloe doesn't look like himself now. Other questions are what has happend to Enloe's wife and son? The obvious is that Alyssa will be now with the Baron in a romantic capacity. The last time we say Enloe's son, the young boy was resentful that his father was not around. He, tragically, is ripe for manipulation by the Baron.

Thanks bud - it's very easy to get caught up in the "same old story" when making these and not really tell anything new.

So, with how the previous chapter ended, I forced myself into moving the series plot forward quite a bit. How long has he been there? Several years - we know that but it's really up the reader to guess. And his family situation - all good questions that I hope some readers are curious about.

UKHistory wrote:The Baron made my skin crawl in the last episode and I must say I am a little worried about what is going to happen. This is the mark of a good story when you care about the characters. Kudos to you Chewie for making a character in the verse that we care about.

THANK YOU - that's really been the intent for so long with this series. I am trying to make anyone who does actually read these, to think about the characters some and find them relevant to the story... Rykrof, Tylin, Freelo, Kala -- even Traedon. They are relevant. Or at least I want them to be.

UKHistory wrote:A new and unnamed friend has come to Enloe's aide. And now Enloe is showing some force ability. This is an interesting decision. I myself would prefer that we don't see force sensitive people too often in the Star Wars universe in the Empire era. If too many Jedi remain and too many people have are feeling the force in strength it waters down Luke as the new and only hope.

I completely agree with you. My plan with the Force ability isn't going to be something where Rykrof is pulling down starships, throwing a lightsaber, etc. But more of a question he is asking himself now - does he have part of his mother's gift? For that matter, does his son? And maybe his "luck" makes more sense now. In fact - don't expect that lightsaber to be used for what you might be expecting - there's a reason why I put this in there, and it's really not to do with using a Jedi weapon. Probably a couple chapters away.

UKHistory wrote:That said I am all in on Enloe and can't wait to see what happens next. The biggest thing along with what conditions we will find the Enloe family how much time has past and how close are to the battle of Yavin taking place.

Let's see - in my timeline, there's 18-19 years in between Order 66 and Yavin. So let's say we're about at the 10 year mark now. So his son is about 13 years old at this stage.

UKHistory wrote:Customs and set design: Wow. Great new environment. Love the opening space scenes. The sets are really neat. A wonderful mix of junk strategically placed. Great use of figures like the Disney R5 that is damaged.

Thanks! And that R5 unit... same one from the original chapter all those years ago... Crisis on Abridon.

UKHistory wrote:Orange is the new black even in a galaxy far, far away. I love that the inmates wear all the same prison garb in color but they have individualized the garments. Great use of the lizard man from spiderman. The human villain is well. And Enloe doesn't look like himself at all. And this is a compliment.

Ha ha, glad you liked the prisoner fatigues. I tried to keep it similar, but different enough for each character. And yeah Rykrof looks a lot different - that wasn't easy!

UKHistory wrote:The custom droid is good too. I didn't mention the menacing droids who kill the prisoners in the storyline above. I think that snippet may come into play in the forthcoming episodes.

Indeed, get ready for more droids, more danger, the main villain on the planet to be revealed... and a lot of madness.

UKHistory wrote:Good story and beautiful designs and photography.

I like how you once again used a Han torso for Enloe. In this case the shirt painted orange doesn't ehco Han. They are similar but different enough and that is a really creative challenge. Braveo.

The old man is superb with the helmet and googles. Good use of the Gandolph head sculpt.

Thanks - yes, the Han torso worked out well and made Rykrof different from the other prisoners. I like the untucked shirt on him.

The old man was a fun custom to make - I had a painful time finding a way to not make that head look too much like Gandalf - the helmet custom worked out better than I thought it would!

Again --- thank you for your feedback, it's always so fun to read what you have to say!

mattman212121
Midi-Chlorian

Postby mattman212121 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Pretty late to this one - most readers have already shared my comments!

I really love the change of pace in this chapter. I really like how we have gone from "pseudo-zombie" chapters to a losing battle to now what appears to be a bleak situation with a slither of hope. Awesome, awesome stuff!

I still look to your series for inspiration and I am so impressed that you have kept up this story for so many years. Those that haven't tried a photo novel series probably don't know how much time and effort go into each chapter. So thanks for continuing Rykrof's story and I can't wait for more!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 am

mattman212121 wrote:Pretty late to this one - most readers have already shared my comments!

I really love the change of pace in this chapter. I really like how we have gone from "pseudo-zombie" chapters to a losing battle to now what appears to be a bleak situation with a slither of hope. Awesome, awesome stuff!

I still look to your series for inspiration and I am so impressed that you have kept up this story for so many years. Those that haven't tried a photo novel series probably don't know how much time and effort go into each chapter. So thanks for continuing Rykrof's story and I can't wait for more!

Thanks, I'm glad you are liking the direction this is going in right now.

It's insane just how long I've been making Rykrof Enloe stories. Not sure if that's a good thing or just plain pathetic, but I really do still enjoy it.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it! Hopefully, the best is yet to come.

UKHistory
Scavenger

Postby UKHistory » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Chewie

The picture from the Ramey Enloe brings back memories. But I recall the original version of the story when Enlies peace keeper outfit without the Madine torso addition.

I do enjoy your story

Keep up the wonderful work as long as it makes you happy
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 pm

UKHistory wrote:Chewie

The picture from the Ramey Enloe brings back memories. But I recall the original version of the story when Enlies peace keeper outfit without the Madine torso addition.

I do enjoy your story

Keep up the wonderful work as long as it makes you happy

Ha ha, thanks!

^ Damn that's an old pic! Thanks for remembering!! :)

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:03 pm

I know it's been a while since any updates on the series - but stay tuned - things are starting to slowly churn again. Once I get past a really rough patch at work, I expect to get back on the series. I have what I think will be a really fun ride coming up on the next few chapters.

Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:08 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:I know it's been a while since any updates on the series - but stay tuned - things are starting to slowly churn again. Once I get past a really rough patch at work, I expect to get back on the series. I have what I think will be a really fun ride coming up on the next few chapters.

I'm looking forward to it! :D
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:I know it's been a while since any updates on the series - but stay tuned - things are starting to slowly churn again. Once I get past a really rough patch at work, I expect to get back on the series. I have what I think will be a really fun ride coming up on the next few chapters.

Chewie, give me your boss' email address. I'll happily explain that you need to re-prioritize a few things so that you can put Enloe first and work second.

It seems only fair.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:

Chewie, give me your boss' email address. I'll happily explain that you need to re-prioritize a few things so that you can put Enloe first and work second.

It seems only fair.

I would have to agree! :P

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Kovecs96 wrote:

Last night was the first time in a long time that I started getting reorganized with the series. I think it's feasible for the next chapter to be released around Christmas.

Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:12 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
Kovecs96 wrote:

Last night was the first time in a long time that I started getting reorganized with the series. I think it's feasible for the next chapter to be released around Christmas.

I am so excited! It will be a Merry Christmas indeed. Keep up the amazing work! I am going to try to have my own next chapter out pretty soon, as well as a Rebellion themed Spin-Off (for the Rogue One hype.) Life can get crazy!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 am

Sorry for the holdup on the next chapter, but it's getting very close to being completed. :)

Return to “Photo Novels”