Image Image Image Image Image

Will of the Force: KOTOR #10 Friends and Foes

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Re: Will of the Force: KOTOR #10 Friends and Foes

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:04 am

WOW!

What a delightful chapter. So much fun in here.

Loved the banter with Bastila and Junta in the beginning, very charming and funny.

Doctor Dhagon was also a hilarious character. For some reason, he reminded me of Miracle Max from "Princess Bride."

And some really great political intrigue with Queen Talia and Valku. Great stuff.

Loved that we got a space battle here, too! I think it would have been cool to see some exterior shots of the Ebon hawk in space, but that's a nitpick.

This chapter had so much going for it! Humor and action and intrigue!

Excellent customs. I know you didn't create them yourself, but they're terrific. I must ask, though, what is the torso on the Mira figure? I like how she got a new outfit, but I cannot place that very cool looking source figure.

Other technical credits are great - some very lovely digital backgrounds and the Malak hologram looks marvelous.

It was an awesome twist that the attack was just a way to draw out Kavar and undermine the queen so Valku could move against her. Excellent storytelling and a great cliffhanger for the next chapter!!!!!

Another all around stellar entry into this wonderful series. This chapter was super fun and entertaining! Sorry about the extreme delay in giving you feedback, but this was excellent.
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:26 am

WOW!

What a delightful chapter. So much fun in here.

Thanks, Lance! I always appreciate your insight.

Loved the banter with Bastila and Junta in the beginning, very charming and funny.

I breath a big sigh of relief every time their interactions are received well. Another, "I hate sand.", moment averted :lol: .

Doctor Dhagon was also a hilarious character. For some reason, he reminded me of Miracle Max from "Princess Bride."

Dhagon is a riot to write for! Glad you liked him as much as I do!

And some really great political intrigue with Queen Talia and Valku. Great stuff.

I promise that there will be no debates on taxation of trade routes :wink:

Loved that we got a space battle here, too! I think it would have been cool to see some exterior shots of the Ebon hawk in space, but that's a nitpick.

Yeah, probably could have used some shots of the Ebon Hawk weaving through enemy fire. Did you notice your graphics from Aayla Secura on the tactical screen?

This chapter had so much going for it! Humor and action and intrigue!

Excellent customs. I know you didn't create them yourself, but they're terrific. I must ask, though, what is the torso on the Mira figure? I like how she got a new outfit, but I cannot place that very cool looking source figure.

You're the first to comment on the outfit change! I thought with all the grief that the stock figure took, more people would have noticed! The torso is actually from a CW Cad Bane figure.

Other technical credits are great - some very lovely digital backgrounds and the Malak hologram looks marvelous.

That took a lot of time playing around with Photoshop to get right.

It was an awesome twist that the attack was just a way to draw out Kavar and undermine the queen so Valku could move against her. Excellent storytelling and a great cliffhanger for the next chapter!!!!!

Thank you, sir! The Sith and their allies are crafty little devils :twisted:

Another all around stellar entry into this wonderful series. This chapter was super fun and entertaining! Sorry about the extreme delay in giving you feedback, but this was excellent.

Good news is, you won't have to wait too long for the next issue, its coming out tomorrow night! Thanks again for taking the time to comment, always great to get your input!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 pm

CloneCrazy wrote:
You're the first to comment on the outfit change! I thought with all the grief that the stock figure took, more people would have noticed! The torso is actually from a CW Cad Bane figure.

The new Mira looks excellent and is a HUGE upgrade from just using the standard, unmodified Mara jade. It's gone from "Oh, that's Mara Jade" to "wow, what an awesome-looking original character!"

The cad bane torso works even better as a vest! Amazing use of parts there, with the tan arms matching the shirt underneath and the soft goods. And you even painted her fingernails! Cool!

Funny, if you look at pics of the cad bane figure, the torso really does have a faint suggestion of breasts. But on what is so obviously a male character, we look past it. However, it works beautifully with a female figure.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?imag ... W-1510.jpg

Excellent work!!

Return to “Photo Novels”