Image Image Image Image Image

Galaxy of Change: Interactive PN

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

mattman212121
Midi-Chlorian

Galaxy of Change: Interactive PN

Postby mattman212121 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 am

Hi Everyone!

The 1st chapter of Galaxy of Change (Title is still a WIP) is now live. This will be an interactive photonovel meaning that there will be decisions where you decide the next steps into the story! As a disclaimer, I planned for the first chapter to be much longer, but I was having some "technical" issues and I thought it might be best to have a smaller chapter as a test run and try to set up the story.

So at the end of the chapter there will typically be 2 choices I will give the reader and an option to give your own ideas how you would like the story to progress. Majority will rule on these decisions, but I will try to implement different aspects from all choices when applicable- especially the user ideas. I can offer feedback when necessary and if there are no choices being made, then I will make an "executive decision" on the story progression.

So without further ado, enjoy!

Agamar - home to smugglers to bounty hunter to those of less exciting professions...

Suns Skybounder, Chow Ousews and Relkico Mirfak work for a local freight and maintenance garage. They are currently hard at work repairing a customer's XJ-6 speeder.

"I got the turbofan engines connected with the repulsorlift." Suns tells his co-workers.

"Good to see you're still good for something 'round here!" Relkico jokes with Suns as he finishes the final calibrations.

"Yeah...thanks for the help." Suns says rather sarcastically
"Hey, someone has to supervise you fools! Place would fall apart without me!"

"There still something wrong with the power converter. It is still not producing any power." Chow, concerned with deadlines as always, confirms with the crew.

"I think I have my torch in the bag."
"Hey... I heard the boss is looking for a new freight pilot after Vulko left for Coruscant" Relkico informs Suns about the rumor.

"...there it is"
"Do you think the boss will promote any of us?"

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, Relkico." Suns expresses to Relkico as he works on the power supply. "We don't have much experience piloting freighters."
"Well...I have logged over 100 hours in simulation on my free time here. I think that makes me a strong candidate." Chow proudly tells everyone.

"Ah, gentlemen." Hesruk, owner of Hesruk's Motors and Transport, greets his employees. "I hope I am not interrupting; I can see you are all hard at work. Suns can you come and talk to me in private?"

"Suns, I have an offer for you. If you are interested..."
"Of course. What do you need me to do?"

Hesruk put on a smile as he begins to tell Suns his offer,
"Ever since I found you as a boy twenty years ago, I have raised you as my son."

"You have been an excellent mechanic, but now I think it is finally time to introduce you to the other side of the business. How would you like to be my freighter pilot?"

"Hersuk... I don't really know what to say..." says a stunned Suns.

"You don't have to say anything. Here is a packet of everything you will need to get started. However... you will need a co-pilot. I thought I would let you choose since you are the one who will be flying. Who will you choose?"

DECISION: Who will you choose:
Chow or Relkico?
Utinniii
Pod Racer

Re: Galaxy of Change: Interactive PN

Postby Utinniii » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 pm

What a fun idea!
I liked your background and machinery.
Relkio is my choice (but Chow would make a great foil!)
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 pm

I think this works great as a prologue! It's brief enough to introduce the characters, settings, and attitudes!

For the co-pilot, my choice would be Relkico! :)
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:24 pm

That was a lot of fun and I thought the length was perfect! I'm gonna vote for Relkico too. Looking forward to more!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 pm

I'd go with Chow since he has 100+ hrs of flight sim experience.

VERY COOL START TO THIS!

:wink:
mattman212121
Midi-Chlorian

Postby mattman212121 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for the responses everybody!

So far we have 3 votes for Relkico and 1 for Chow. I will continue to let the "voting" up for a couple more days but since this was a short chapter, I want to start on the next one while I have some time to do so!

Also, an FYI for everyone, while this chapter probably is not the best for a "reader decision" of what to do next, you can come up with your own decision if you want. For example, if you don't want Suns to have a co-pilot at all, you can say so and that will count!

The next couple of chapters will probably have a better application for that so stay tuned for more!
Eyositer
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Eyositer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:48 am

Vote Chow 2016!
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Vote Relkico and make photonovels great again!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!

Return to “Photo Novels”