Image Image Image Image Image

A Thousand Generations: Prologue: A Dawn of Two Suns

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Re: A Thousand Generations: Prologue: A Dawn of Two Suns

Postby Kovecs96 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:29 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:I was able to read through this late last night before going to bed, and just had to pop in and share some thoughts.

This was outstanding! What a start to a new series, I have to echo Lance's excitement!

First off, the era you chose your story to be in is refreshing. It's great seeing someone tackle the era around The Force Awakens... awesome!

Secondly, nice mix of customs and "stock" figures. It's nice to see you not using just stock figures for your photonovel.

Third, the sets! Great dioramas! I just love that you invested your time to make sets. It all comes together so well, and makes your story so much better. Very well done!

Next, the cast - just enough to make it very interesting with Mile, Hallis, and R5-D4 (ha, fun nod to ANH). I'm so glad you didn't try and add too many characters to this.

The writing was also very effective! It was very easy to follow, but also wasn't over-simplified.

And finally... the story! I love that he found the lightsaber, but has no clue what it is. And the First Order troops... loved the way they want after him and Hallis... I did not expect for Hallis to be have Jedi roots... love it!

Thank you for sharing this with us, and best of luck with future chapters! I think we're in for a treat! Oh - and very nice photography too. :)

:wink:

Awesome! I hope the house wasn't too crazy with five kids around! I know how that can be!

Thank you! A good portion ("60 portions," couldn't resist) of it will be set in the past, mainly because of the lack of info I have on this era, but throughout I plan on having tales take place in this era.

I wish I was better with customs, it's always so amazing to see some of the awesome characters you create for the Enloe Chronicles. It's pretty cool to see the talent, and creativity that goes into it. I want to make sure all my main characters are original in some way, at least. I'm guessing people probably won't want Yoda running around under a false name, haha.

The set was fun to make! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

I'm glad! I'm always so guilty of adding too many characters to my stories, so I'm really trying to keep myself accountable. There may or may not be a few more coming in the other eras, but hopefully that should work out alright! :) I'm glad you're enjoying reading the story, I'm happy to write it! I know I've said this quite a few times, but THANK YOU so much! :)
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:47 pm

I have a LOT of catching up to do in this forum, but wanted to comment on this first since it is a new series! Its really exciting to have our first sequel trilogy photonovel out! I am extremely impressed by the quality of this series, it is truly amazing that this is your first chapter!

Your dioramas are extremely impressive and really provides the authentic feel of Mos Eisley. Its always difficult to pull off a location that we saw in the films and you did an excellent job! Everything from your piles of debris, to the cantina are really well done! Your customs are extremely effective and do a great job of creating your own original characters.

Your story is fully immersive and promises to be a truly epic quest! Mile seems like an interesting character, but Squid and Hallis steal the story. I loved them swapping war stories in the cantina, really a lot of fun in that small interaction! The lightsaber is a clever plot device and a major point from the saga that can be told outside of the films. I also loved that you included R5-D4 and referenced his bad motivator!

Looking forward to more!!!
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:02 pm

CloneCrazy wrote:I have a LOT of catching up to do in this forum, but wanted to comment on this first since it is a new series! Its really exciting to have our first sequel trilogy photonovel out! I am extremely impressed by the quality of this series, it is truly amazing that this is your first chapter!

Your dioramas are extremely impressive and really provides the authentic feel of Mos Eisley. Its always difficult to pull off a location that we saw in the films and you did an excellent job! Everything from your piles of debris, to the cantina are really well done! Your customs are extremely effective and do a great job of creating your own original characters.

Your story is fully immersive and promises to be a truly epic quest! Mile seems like an interesting character, but Squid and Hallis steal the story. I loved them swapping war stories in the cantina, really a lot of fun in that small interaction! The lightsaber is a clever plot device and a major point from the saga that can be told outside of the films. I also loved that you included R5-D4 and referenced his bad motivator!

Looking forward to more!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm so glad you've enjoyed what I'm putting out so far! :)
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:05 pm

I'll be putting together a preview of what's to come very soon! A lot of what's upcoming will take place in the past, with what may seem like a different story. But they will connect, I promise! By the end of the month, I am hoping to release the next chapter, which will take place during the prequel era.
Jimmy_2Pack
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Jimmy_2Pack » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:59 pm

I really enjoyed this. Great work!
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Jimmy_2Pack wrote:I really enjoyed this. Great work!

I'm glad!! Thank you! :)
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:24 pm

UPDATE!! It took me a little while to iron out the kinks of this upcoming chapter (and for some reason, while they were eluding me, I was able to fix up the coming chapters. Funny how that works.) The next chapter will be released within the coming weeks, and will feature two new characters, set around the time of The Phantom Menace. But don't worry, we will return to Hallis and Mile before the years end. In fact, if I can keep a good schedule (hopefully) I'm going to try to release the next two chapters by the end of this year. Along with two spin-offs, one for Rogue One and one for Christmas. Here's a quick preview!

6.JPG
These two Jedi are Ellisark Kebrin (the human) and Noss Kal (the Aqualish). We'll be learning more about them pretty soon, as well as how they connect to our heroes in TFA timeline! STAY TUNED! THANKS!

~Kovecs
Choi
Nerf Herder

Postby Choi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Great start to a new series! I'm excited to see where this goes!
The newest chapter of my photonovel, Alliance Intelligence, is up! You can check it out here: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=8327&p=161239#p161239
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Kovecs96 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:00 pm

I am alive! Life has gotten pretty crazy, and I have decided to switch a few things around with the story! I'm working on the next chapter now, it seemed the general conciseness was that it would be nice to stick with these characters for a while. So guess what? The next chapter will pick up right where the last left off. We will eventually go through flashbacks, just to fill in gaps where we have a lack of knowledge about TFA era. That and, it's pretty important to the overall story. I apologize for the absence! Life has a way of getting crazy! :)
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Kovecs96 wrote:I am alive! Life has gotten pretty crazy, and I have decided to switch a few things around with the story! I'm working on the next chapter now, it seemed the general conciseness was that it would be nice to stick with these characters for a while. So guess what? The next chapter will pick up right where the last left off. We will eventually go through flashbacks, just to fill in gaps where we have a lack of knowledge about TFA era. That and, it's pretty important to the overall story. I apologize for the absence! Life has a way of getting crazy! :)

I am looking forward to it's return! :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/

Return to “Photo Novels”