Image Image Image Image Image

Will of the Force: KOTOR #12 The Final Lesson

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Will of the Force: KOTOR #12 The Final Lesson

Postby CloneCrazy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Last edited by CloneCrazy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Re: Will of the Force: KOTOR #12 The Final Lesson

Postby CloneCrazy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks again to my buddy, Sjefke, for the awesome ladies! He is a true master of customs and I am so happy to be able to count him as a friend :D
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 am

Cool, a new chapter! I'll try and find some free time today to read and catch up.

:wink:
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:23 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Cool, a new chapter! I'll try and find some free time today to read and catch up.

Thanks, Chewie! I'll look forward to hearing what you think!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:34 am

Another really terrific chapter.

Thrilling duels, unexpected twists, a tragic fate....a freakin' DRAGON (awesome!!!). Pardon me, Ruping. What a delightful addition! it's funny, we seldom see "creatures" being used in photonovels, but crazy monsters and creatures are such a part of the Star Wars DNA. I loved seeing that and the shot of the Ruping's open mouth just above the trooper's head was brilliant.

The ending here was really strong, the writing is always good, but you nailed that final scene with Bastilia. Really loved it. I do think the chapter needed one more panel. I think it should have ended with a silent, reflective panel of Bastila staring into space or something. It just felt abrupt ending it with her last bit of dialogue in the final panel.

But that's a minor nitpick in an otherwise great chapter that, I'm assuming, brings the Onderon part of the story to a close. What a great ride, this was a terrific series with lots of wonderful drama, action, storytelling, etc. etc.

Very excited to see where the series goes from here, but take a bow for another job well done!!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:17 pm

That was great! Awesome action and great story telling.

First, I love the Junta custom. That’s a major upgrade over the basic Hasbro Starkiller body.

And how about the unmasked custom of Urami! Two heads with different facial expressions! Killer! It totally helps capture the mood of the scene and adds pure emotion to their exchange… excellent!

I was sorry to see Bastila’s master die, but it was fitting and was not shocked. Urami’s death was nice too… for a second it looked more like a laser blast did her in, but I do understand it was Bastila’s saber.

Intriguing dialogue at the end as well between Junta and Bastila… well done!

CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Another really terrific chapter.

Thanks, Lance!!!

Thrilling duels, unexpected twists, a tragic fate....a freakin' DRAGON (awesome!!!). Pardon me, Ruping. What a delightful addition! it's funny, we seldom see "creatures" being used in photonovels, but crazy monsters and creatures are such a part of the Star Wars DNA. I loved seeing that and the shot of the Ruping's open mouth just above the trooper's head was brilliant.

I am so pleased that you liked the Ruping. I was not sure whether it would work or not, and originally had them use a Basilisk War Droid. That shot with the Ruping flying over the troopers took a long time to get right, but it ended up being one of my favorites as well!

The ending here was really strong, the writing is always good, but you nailed that final scene with Bastilia. Really loved it. I do think the chapter needed one more panel. I think it should have ended with a silent, reflective panel of Bastila staring into space or something. It just felt abrupt ending it with her last bit of dialogue in the final panel.

Glad you liked the ending, it went through a couple of rewrites to get to a place I was happy with. I understand what you're saying about the final panel, I probably should have added another panel.

But that's a minor nitpick in an otherwise great chapter that, I'm assuming, brings the Onderon part of the story to a close. What a great ride, this was a terrific series with lots of wonderful drama, action, storytelling, etc. etc.

Very excited to see where the series goes from here, but take a bow for another job well done!!

Yes, the Onderon arc has come to a close and we're on to exciting new things! Thanks again, my friend! I always really appreciate your insights.
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:39 pm

That was great! Awesome action and great story telling.

Thanks, Chewie!!!

First, I love the Junta custom. That’s a major upgrade over the basic Hasbro Starkiller body.

I could not agree more! That figure photographs much better than the basic Hasbro figure.

And how about the unmasked custom of Urami! Two heads with different facial expressions! Killer! It totally helps capture the mood of the scene and adds pure emotion to their exchange… excellent!

All the credit goes to Sjefke for that addition! He really pulled out all the stops for that figure and it certainly added to the emotional stakes of the scene.

I was sorry to see Bastila’s master die, but it was fitting and was not shocked. Urami’s death was nice too… for a second it looked more like a laser blast did her in, but I do understand it was Bastila’s saber.

Kavar was actually one of my favorites, so it was difficult to kill him off. His death and Bastila's cold blooded murder of Urami will both be major plot points moving forward.

Intriguing dialogue at the end as well between Junta and Bastila… well done!

Thanks again for taking the time to comment, it always means a lot!
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm

CloneCrazy wrote:Image

Okay, I love the helmets on these guys. Where are they from? Thanks for the cool story.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:50 am

Those are from the Tron figures that came out a few years ago.

CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:04 am

Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:
CloneCrazy wrote:Image

Okay, I love the helmets on these guys. Where are they from? Thanks for the cool story.

Glad you liked the story and the customs! Chewie is correct, the helmets are indeed from the Tron Legacy line.
Choi
Nerf Herder

Postby Choi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 am

Excellent chapter and a great conclusion to this particular story! It will be interesting to see what happens to the characters from here out, and how Bastilla grapples with her actions. Really great, exciting stuff all around! :D
The newest chapter of my photonovel, Alliance Intelligence, is up! You can check it out here: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=8327&p=161239#p161239
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Choi wrote:Excellent chapter and a great conclusion to this particular story! It will be interesting to see what happens to the characters from here out, and how Bastilla grapples with her actions. Really great, exciting stuff all around! :D

Thanks, Choi! I'm looking forward to catching up on your series. Happy New Year!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 pm

I just now got to finally read this because for once I had a moment to myself today! :lol:

What an excellent chapter!!!!! I agree with pretty much everything that's been said above. The female customs work excellent for this chapter, as do the army builder figures (as always). As Lance said, it's really cool to see a creature be used in another PN! I thought maybe it would be used a bit more in some action shots, but it was still very awesome to see someone's pet in the middle of the action! :lol:

You mentioned some re-writes...Do you mind me asking what you original ideas were? It's always cool to know the "alternative" stories. Believe it or not, Era of Darkness was going to follow Dr. Evanzan as the antagonist for the longest time, then I changed it to the Empire/Colonel Elliot. I'll honestly probably revisit that story sometime, in a One-Shot or something.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:44 am

I just now got to finally read this because for once I had a moment to myself today! :lol:

I know the feeling! Feels like life has been extra crazy the past few months. Your feedback always means a great deal, so I appreciate you taking the time to share it.

What an excellent chapter!!!!! I agree with pretty much everything that's been said above. The female customs work excellent for this chapter, as do the army builder figures (as always).

Thanks! Sjefke's customs are truly masterpieces and I always enjoy partnering with him. The army builders were all relatively simple, so I'm glad to hear you liked them!

As Lance said, it's really cool to see a creature be used in another PN! I thought maybe it would be used a bit more in some action shots, but it was still very awesome to see someone's pet in the middle of the action! :lol:

The creature was the part of the story I was most concerned with. I just wasn't sure if it was going to work. That, and time constraints, are why we didn't see more of it. However, there will be plenty more creatures over the course of the series!

You mentioned some re-writes...Do you mind me asking what you original ideas were? It's always cool to know the "alternative" stories.

Originally Canderous was going to kill Urami, in a showdown between a Mandalorian and a victim of the Mandalorian Wars. The whole Onderon arc was originally much more focussed on Mandalorians and the scars their war left on the galaxy.

Believe it or not, Era of Darkness was going to follow Dr. Evanzan as the antagonist for the longest time, then I changed it to the Empire/Colonel Elliot. I'll honestly probably revisit that story sometime, in a One-Shot or something.

That sounds awesome! Although, I gotta say I'm happy we got Elliot instead!

Return to “Photo Novels”