Postby Jodo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 1: Chapters 1-10
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 1
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 2
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 3
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 4
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 5
Click Here for Era of Darkness Volume 2: Chapter 6

"I don't care what you believe we should do, it's what we can do," says General Anorial firmly.

"We must fully realize the situation at hand is a difficult one, and that we do not posses the ability to act."

"As it stands," continues the Cerean forcefully, "we will continue to monitor this whole ordeal from afar."

"But it may be time to cut our losses and deal with the unfortunate consequences of our actions."

"Sir, Brior is still an asset!" pleads Basso. "If-"

"If we attempted a rescue opp we would lose more men than it's worth, and we'd give away our established position. Do you understand that Basso?"

"If we leave him then he'll die," states the man. "Do you want to live with that? Knowing you left him to suffer in an Imperial Prison?"

"I have several dozen men and women in my care," says Anorial. "Dozens, Basso. They rely on my guidance, and they trust me to keep them alive."

"Then at least tell his men," says Basso visibly frustrated. "They deserve to know."

"No, I will not allow the men of Able Squad to know this information at this time," says Anorial. "I extended my hand to them once, and they did not accept it. I will not do it again. They must approach us."

"Once an Imperial, always an Imperial I say," interjects one of the soldiers in a deep crackling voice.

"Yeah, why risk our necks looking out for Imps?" says another rebel, stepping away from the console.

The being scoffs at the idea, "They'll just double cross us later!"

Anorial watches the man as the Alliance operatives continue to murmur among themselves.
"What you are asking of me is not viable, Basso."

"You are dismissed."

The door opens swiftly, and the murmuring suddenly stops.

The general sighs as the door seals itself behind Basso as he leaves.

"Do you think he's still just recovering from what he went through?" asks Dreya. "On the Aberrant Dawn."

'Of course he is," replies Anorial. "He's been through a lot," he frowns.

"I couldn't imagine what those Imperials did to him."

"Basso," calls Dreya, shouting down the hall. "Basso!"

The man continues walking down the corridor of the small rebel installation, looking to find relief from the mental and physical stress he has garnered over the past several months. Somehow, he doesn't think that's possible.
"Yeah?"

"I understand your point," she says softly, as she catches up to the man. "What you want to do, and why."
"Well," he says. "That's a shame."

"It's not a shame. Your heart is where it needs to be: you want to do good in this galaxy."

Basso furrows his brow and snurls his nose as he turns away from the woman. "No, I just pity someone who gets shipped off to an Imperial Prison. Do you know what they'll do to that guy? Brior? He's a double agent-"

"He's a good man too, trying to help us-"

"The Emperor himself contacted Brior before you went planetside," says Basso grimly, as he brushes the young woman's hand off his shoulder. "Think about that. When you have his attention? You might as well just lay down and give yourself up. And right now, I'm thinking maybe we should."

Dreya is silent as the thought of giving up on the Alliance enters her mind.

"Everyone thinks the Empire followed me here, or I'm some sort of Imperial agent or something!" he says to himself, shaking his head. "I have always put the Rebellion first, and now people look at me like I'm the enemy."

"Kane deserves to know," Basso fights back his emotions as he remembers the cell block, which still haunts him like a false memory, creeping through his mind spreading darkness. "They deserve to know. Brior didn't deserve this."

"No one deserves this."

Quickly, Basso walks away from Dreya, leaving her in the corridor, as if she too was a distant memory of his past.

"Hey," says a deep voice. "You okay?"

"Yeah," replies Dreya. "It's just-"

"I know," says Jai. "I understand. He-"

"No," whispers Dreya. "No, you don't know."

"My entire life I've been a fighter. Here or there, one place or another. And through it all, I've noticed one thing."

"One thing always stands out among everything else. Above all: above the war, the carnage, above everything."

"We're all divided," she says as her eyes shimmer.

The man focuses on the poor woman, as she remembers back to earlier times.

"And it's usually for no good reason," her lip quivers as a tear roles from the corner of her eye and down her cheek.

The hall goes quiet as her words fall upon the man, quickly silencing any noise that could have entered his mind.

"I have to go," she says, walking away from the conversation, her eyes flickering with tears.

Jai considers that thought as he stands in the silent hall, alone. There is a great divide in the galaxy.

And everyone must pick a side.

The Cerean looks up from the computer as the man approaches him.
"Sir?" asks Jai. "General?"

"I have some intel about a possible raid for tomorrow. It's a really good location sir, and I thought you'd like to hear about it."

The man explains the target as the other Alliance members continue on with their own duties.

"Kane? You there? We need to meet up-"

"-There's a really good location for tomorrow. I thought you'd like to hear about it."
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
Jodo
Senator

Re: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7

Postby Jodo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:22 pm

I photographed this chapter months ago (September?), but didn't really have much extra time to edit it until now. I'm hoping that I can write the next chapter and photograph it tomorrow. Then going forward, perhaps I can spread photography out across several days and continue producing a chapter each month. It's been too long, and I enjoy doing this too much to not make time for it.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Jodo wrote:I photographed this chapter months ago (September?), but didn't really have much extra time to edit it until now. I'm hoping that I can write the next chapter and photograph it tomorrow. Then going forward, perhaps I can spread photography out across several days and continue producing a chapter each month. It's been too long, and I enjoy doing this too much to not make time for it.

Great chapter, dude! Really enjoyed this one, glad to see it's return. Easily my favorite photo novel on the forum.

(The Enloe Trials are great too, Chewie, lol :lol: )
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Thank you sir!!!! That means a lot to me!!!! :mrgreen:

And for anyone worried about not keeping track of the narrative or characters during the hiatus...This morning I had to re-read the last few chapters and look through my overall story line for a while to make sure everything still jived. :lol:
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Jodo wrote:Thank you sir!!!! That means a lot to me!!!! :mrgreen:

And for anyone worried about not keeping track of the narrative or characters during the hiatus...This morning I had to re-read the last few chapters and look through my overall story line for a while to make sure everything still jived. :lol:

Thankfully this story has stuck with me quite well, but I think I might re-read them just so everything jives even better. :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Utinniii
Moisture Farmer

Postby Utinniii » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Another interesting chapter. Your photography skills are improving. You have a knack of making R2 and other droids menacing.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Welcome back, Jodo! Such a delight to kick off the new year with another chapter of this fantastic story!!

Maybe it's because of how much I enjoyed Rogue One, but I'm really loving the heck out of the behind-the-scenes glimpses at the nascent Alliance even more than ever. This is really great stuff. Adjacent to Rebels, as well, showing the early stages of the Alliance who are couldn't be more rag tag and improvisational if they tried. I've also been reading "1776", which tells the real life story of how the Continental Army started out as a dirty, drunken, poorly coordinated rabble before going on to defeat the British Empire.

So some great real world parallels as well.

This is a very nice "rest" chapter to slow the narrative down, reset and focus on the characters. I am loving Anoril as the aloof commander who has no choice but to make the tough decisions and necessarily has to exist above and remote from the concerns of the regulars.

And Dreya, always a favorite, gets that wonderfully dramatic scene where we see how the war takes a great emotional toll on those who fight it.

I don't have much else to say, but I really enjoyed this chapter and I felt a sense of looming dread at the end. I know Jai means well, for the most part, and I know that both Kane's men and the rebels mean well, but I can't help but thing that, despite best intentions, things are about to go wrong!

So I look forward to more whenever you get the chance to make it.

As usual, technical elements are top notch. The dioramas for the base are outstanding. It is a completely immersive environment which really does convey the bleakness and desolation of the rebels' situation. The photography and directing is stellar - more and more of your wonderful signature camera angles which always highlight the drama in extremely effective ways.

Thanks for another terrific installment of this marvelous series and I will be re-reading this chapter many times in the days to come.

Happy New Year!
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 am

What a great way to start the new year!!! It is so good to get another chapter, particularly after Rogue One! Your narrative fits so well with Rogue One and feels so authentic to our beloved galaxy far, far away!

Your fledging group of rebels continue to be entertaining, particularly Anorial. I love the custom alien rebel troopers you've created! They really do a great job of creating the rebel command base.

The scene between Dreya and Basso does an excellent job at conveying the emotional toll the war takes on the rebels. Rogue One did an excellent job of creating this environment and you have adapted it nicely for your series. Once again, this genuinely feels authentically like Star Wars!

The scene with Dreya and Jai took me two read throughs to truly appreciate. The emotional vulnerability and poignant truth of that moment is truly great. EXCELLENT writing on your part throughout this chapter.

On the technical front, the rebel base diorama is spectacular! Real working lights, rust corroded pipes, and harsh industrial walls! It is sooo good! I also love the multiple display consoles and cargo boxes scattered throughout the base! Of course your camera angles are fantastic, as always!

This series is truly a work of art! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy it!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:10 pm

What a great chapter, Jodo. Not action packed, and that is okay! I really find the stories like this sometimes much more enjoyable.

You really pulled off a great feat with the rebel base... especially the hallways. It really feels like a larger environment... using straws as well to make pipes/etc. near the ceilings really turned out well. I'm actually doing something similar in my next chapter where Rykrof is at.

I liked the way the rebels are unwilling to trust anyone with Imperial ties, and how Basso is portrayed. And Dreya seemed more personal this time, in the past I felt the character seemed too distant... if that makes sense. But I really like how she observed the situation in the war room with Basso and the commander, then went after Basso to discuss with him.

And maybe I'm not following, but is Jai setting up Able Squad to get killed by the rebels?

Very Good chapter - look forward to what's next!

:wink:
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:What a great chapter, Jodo. Not action packed, and that is okay! I really find the stories like this sometimes much more enjoyable.

You really pulled off a great feat with the rebel base... especially the hallways. It really feels like a larger environment... using straws as well to make pipes/etc. near the ceilings really turned out well. I'm actually doing something similar in my next chapter where Rykrof is at.

I liked the way the rebels are unwilling to trust anyone with Imperial ties, and how Basso is portrayed. And Dreya seemed more personal this time, in the past I felt the character seemed too distant... if that makes sense. But I really like how she observed the situation in the war room with Basso and the commander, then went after Basso to discuss with him.

And maybe I'm not following, but is Jai setting up Able Squad to get killed by the rebels?

Very Good chapter - look forward to what's next!

Pretty sure he's trying to get them to meet up and work together
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:01 am

Maybe you're right - I think I need to go back and read the other chapters again... I am a bit confused... I seem to remember Kane threatening Jai in an earlier chapter, but can't recall what all that was about.

Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:19 am

Thank you all so much for your comments!!!! It means the world to me to see feedback on these chapters. :mrgreen: Rogue One has definitely made me feel more invigorated towards this series, and I can't wait to continue it. To be honest, for the past few months I've been so unmotivated in pretty much every aspect of life that I wasn't even for sure if I should continue working on the series. In the past few weeks I've felt a lot better though. I even went through and re-did my overall outline to be a bit tighter.

We'll see how the next chapters turn out since I upgraded phones to an Iphone 7 too! :lol: I'm going to photograph the next chapter tomorrow, as I've re-wrote it and chapter 9 over the past few days. I'm banking on Spring Break being free so I can photograph again during that area of time too. Here's to hoping! :lol:

Thanks again for the comments everyone!!!!
JawaKing
Cantina Bartender

Postby JawaKing » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm anxious to see how this plays out! Nice work!
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sat May 20, 2017 5:20 pm

After a long hiatus...I am super happy to say I have finally finished photographing chapter 8, and I have re-written chapter 9, which will also be photographed tomorrow! I also owe a lot of people comments!!!!!

I had planned to use Spring Break for these chapters; however, my (ex)girlfriend and I decided to mutually end our 4 year relationship at the beginning of March. She didn't move out until April, and then from April to May I finished two consecutive research projects, one of which is the largest qualitative study of cosplayers that has ever occurred. :shock: This month has also proven difficult, and in fact, I'm actually extremely sick right now. :lol:

The tentative release schedule will be Ch. 8 this month, Ch. 9 next month, and then in July and August I will attempt to photograph a good chunk of Volume 3.
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Era of Darkness will continue soon with Volume 2: Ch. 8!!!

IMG_1948.JPG

Return to “Photo Novels”