Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Darth Kikinou wrote:Just read it a second time, wow. Really noticed the dynamic action poses, how did you put the guy in midair being thrust away from an explosive impact?? And the viper droid crashing into the wall as it's hit?! Amazing.

Can't wait till the next chapter! ETA? :-)

Couple earlier comments to catch up on still but to answer your question, in this pic, the figure is actually being lifted up by the sentinel droid:

As for the viper droid crashes - in this pic, I was actually holding the top antenna:

In the next pic, it was leaning on the wall (I think it fell at least 20 times before I was able to get a pic!):

As for the next chapter, I really don't know yet. I probably won't start script until sometime in July, then pics in August - so many August/September depending on how things go... it might be the last chapter on this planet, and if that's the case, it will be a longer chapter and I want to do it right so maybe it will take a little longer even. My work schedule is going to be really hectic in the fall too, so I'll definitely be up against that.

:wink:
By Codaks
A real great chapter. There's a good balance between action and suspense. Topped off with a what the frak vibe....

I'm really looking forward to see what is up with the maker. I have a theory tho...

It still amazes me the skill and time put into your work.
jaghearse wrote:I thought that was a great twist with the Maker character. What is in the making of the "flesh" droid? I like the design of that. Old 50s Sci-fi look to it.

Thanks!

The "Flesh Droid" was from an Ultraman figure... apparently called "King Joe" - a Japanese toy line.

Really weird toys and designs... from time to time you can find them on ebay... probably some online stores carry them too...

Codaks wrote:A real great chapter. There's a good balance between action and suspense. Topped off with a what the frak vibe....

I'm really looking forward to see what is up with the maker. I have a theory tho...

It still amazes me the skill and time put into your work.

Yeah - I was hoping for a bit of a surprise with the whole Maker thing... hopefully it worked and makes the situation more compelling... :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and post some thoughts... would love to hear your theory on the Maker?

YAK_Chewie wrote:
Yeah - I was hoping for a bit of a surprise with the whole Maker thing... hopefully it worked and makes the situation more compelling... :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and post some thoughts... would love to hear your theory on the Maker?

The situation was compelling enough! You managed to put a cherry on top :P

My theory(s) relates to a mind prison of sorts from SWToR. Something about the nightmarish situation, it reminds me of being trapped in a nightmare. Where the evil guy, just keeps reappearing no matter how many times you kill him. Maybe Enloe is trapped in a VR prison. A long shot I know :lol:

Then again by the looks of the Maker I can't help, but think it would be some sort of technology, as seen with the Emperor from the latest Battlefront 2. Perhaps made from scraps arround the compound by some delusional mad man :wink:
Codaks wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:

The situation was compelling enough! You managed to put a cherry on top :P

My theory(s) relates to a mind prison of sorts from SWToR. Something about the nightmarish situation, it reminds me of being trapped in a nightmare. Where the evil guy, just keeps reappearing no matter how many times you kill him. Maybe Enloe is trapped in a VR prison. A long shot I know :lol:

Then again by the looks of the Maker I can't help, but think it would be some sort of technology, as seen with the Emperor from the latest Battlefront 2. Perhaps made from scraps arround the compound by some delusional mad man :wink:

Interesting theories on the Maker... you are not far off from what I've been thinking... I do also plan on having a brief flashback backstory for the Maker... nothing too drawn out, but a bit of a visual work to explain his background some more.

Darth Kikinou wrote:Chewie that was amazing!! Once again I can't wait for the next part!

Really intrigued by The Maker, can't wait to learn what the deal is with that, seems like something very clever is going to be revealed.

The sewers hah. I was reminded of ANH when Han says "Get in there Chewie, I don't care what you smell!"

All technical details are perfect as always, you really stop noticing it's action figures after a while.

Kudos my friend, kudos! When's the next part coming out? :-)

Thanks as always for taking the time to read, provide feedback, and then share on www.photonovelalliance.com - it's always appreciated!

I have to work on some dioramas for the sewers area... I'm not sure exactly yet how I am going to approach this. Probably in a few weeks I'll start tinkering with ideas.

Again - thank you - and the next chapter will probably be in the Fall.

UKHistory wrote:Loved this latest edition.

Photography--well done.

Scenery--from the red clay sand to the junk greeblies strewn across the landscape to the excellent building facades the background allows the story to come alive. Special praise is garnered for the sewer; down to the greenish liquid on the lip of the opening. Wonderful use of the acid rain mech too.

Thanks my friend, I always look forward to your feedback! :-)

The sewer was one of the first things I made for this planet, like 2 years ago - lol! I just now finally got to use it. I was a bit worried some people may not like me using the acid rain walker, but it seems to fit in okay.

UKHistory wrote:Figures: Again the unique look of individual prisoners in orange is really nice. The battle robots using iron man parts, Doctor who, assorted star wars and droids I can't make out are really nice. Would love more recipes on those pieces.

Yeah, lots of different parts and whatnot. I'll try and get some updated recipes together with pics!

UKHistory wrote:Plot: Bold. Be sure to read even the character descriptions as they have been updated. Good mix of action and battle scenes with strong dialogue. Vesla came to the rescue and I thought she might save the day for all. In fact I started to wonder if we might see her more in the future. But alas...it was not meant to be. The quarren gang boss is quite fun and has some superb lines such as follow the fool and something to the effect of all of Enloe's ideas wind up killing his men.

Thanks, and yes I did update those profiles some.

Vesla was a last minute addition - I was ready to start shooting the chapter and realized I didn't have a pilot for the walker. So, I used the female that died in the last chapter, and added a helmet - bingo, new character!

More to come on Atracion, glad it seems like hes' going over well as a new character.

UKHistory wrote:The biggest surprise is the Maker. What is he now? What has he ever been. Loved how his consciousness (visage was your wording) moved from one robot body to another and in fact multiples at once. I must admit the villain was not necessarily grabbing my interest as say our fiendish Baron. That is a character development to start off a Republic Peace officer from Naboo to now an evil minion of the Emperor. But the Maker's story is one that needs to be understood. Looking forward to knowing about the dwellers. (edited; forgot to mention them the first go around.)

The Maker... heh heh... I've been waiting for a while to show that he's not really in that body. I will show some backstory to him in the next chapter and hopefully I can convey it properly.

The dwellers will be in the next chapter too - I have an idea, just need to figure out how I'm going to accomplish it the right way. I have a very specific alien look for them that I am trying to create... different from anything really seen before.

UKHistory wrote:So the questions continue to build: 1) How long will Enloe be here? 2) What will the outside world be like once he does escape? 3) Will Freelo have changed much? 4) What possible Solo or Rebels characters might Enloe meet when he does leave? I can't even ask what about Alyssa and Calden; I am thinking Calden is going to be a real imperial goose stepper.

1) - Rykrof should have 1-2 more chapters on the planet
2) - Things will be a bit different on the outside world, especially for him
3) - Freelo will have matured some more, but will still be very recognizable
4) - Rykrof will become involved with a canon character, and I promise it won't feel forced or too convenient - it will make sense
5) - Alyssa and Caldin... they will be around too, and their characters are going to evolve... they fully believe Rykrof is dead

Again - thank you for the comments and feedback, I so much appreciate it!!

Acid rain vehicle especially damaged fits in perfectly. It really struck me your comment how the Enloes have moved on and what that means. Depending how you play it, that is high drama.

Thanks to your commitment to keep telling new chapters you have real characters developing. Well done
By Jodo
I can't wait to see see what the dwellers look like! Immediately, I was reminded of the ghouls in Fallout, both the feral and civilized varieties! I'm looking forward to seeing what they might look like.

Overall, another really good chapter. I'm glad to see the Maker didn't go out so quickly! I had hoped he would be a lasting villain for a little while longer, and it was good to see you delivered. He might be my favorite character from your series, just because of how creepy he is!
UKHistory wrote:Acid rain vehicle especially damaged fits in perfectly. It really struck me your comment how the Enloes have moved on and what that means. Depending how you play it, that is high drama.

Thanks to your commitment to keep telling new chapters you have real characters developing. Well done

To be honest, I am not 100% sure yet how the whole Enloe drama will play out. I have a few ideas, and eventually I will need to make a decision on what feels right for the characters.

Again - thanks for your feedback and support.

Jodo wrote:I can't wait to see see what the dwellers look like! Immediately, I was reminded of the ghouls in Fallout, both the feral and civilized varieties! I'm looking forward to seeing what they might look like.

I have been assembling parts for the dwellers, trying to do it on a budget, and have multiple ideas for what they might look like. I want to go creepy, but not a repeat of the zombies on Dathomir - but I did have a lot of fun with those...

Jodo wrote:Overall, another really good chapter. I'm glad to see the Maker didn't go out so quickly! I had hoped he would be a lasting villain for a little while longer, and it was good to see you delivered. He might be my favorite character from your series, just because of how creepy he is!

Yeah, I wasn't going to have the Maker die so quick - but, I think his days are numbered. I'm glad you like him. Hopefully the big reveal with him is fun. Like the dwellers, I have a couple of different approaches that I'm considering.

Thanks for reading and the feedback!

Yakfinities #71 - CONCEPT SERIES

Nice work so far. :-) I don't know how many cust[…]

Thanks, those guys are nearly done. I'll snap bet[…]

Dang.. I really want like 4 of these, but don't ha[…]

Ooph, now who has a 3d printer that could make the[…]

After hitting 6 Wal-marts and 3 Targets I finally […]

Thanks a lot, Chewie, the new 5 POA figures have g[…]

Nice character duo! Some of these conceptrs are ve[…]

01. Dragon Snake (TESB) 02. Mustafar Lava Flea (RO[…]