Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie wrote:
jaghearse wrote:I thought that was a great twist with the Maker character. What is in the making of the "flesh" droid? I like the design of that. Old 50s Sci-fi look to it.

Thanks!

The "Flesh Droid" was from an Ultraman figure... apparently called "King Joe" - a Japanese toy line.

Really weird toys and designs... from time to time you can find them on ebay... probably some online stores carry them too...

:wink:

Ok, I'll need to have a search for that. I have a load of old random figures from obscure lines and I love the challenge of trying to make them fit into Star Wars. Because it is your own design, the trick is to just keep going.
jaghearse wrote:Ok, I'll need to have a search for that. I have a load of old random figures from obscure lines and I love the challenge of trying to make them fit into Star Wars. Because it is your own design, the trick is to just keep going.

I've found that to be a lot of fun, seeing what other toy lines can be used with SW figures for customs. Unfortunately with the recent trend of more 6" lines, it's been harder lately.

By Choi
An outstanding chapter! As always, your customs and dioramas blow me away! The action was exciting, and I'm really interested to encounter the "Dwellers" and the secrets behind The Maker! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D
Choi wrote:An outstanding chapter! As always, your customs and dioramas blow me away! The action was exciting, and I'm really interested to encounter the "Dwellers" and the secrets behind The Maker! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Thanks! I am so far behind on the next chapter... various dioramas and customs have to be completed first...

KIDS!
WORK!
SLEEP!

^ Those three nagging things keep getting in the way... :P

Justin,

This is the first time I've ever really reviewed one of your PN's before. But I have been a long-time lurking fan of your story for almost a decade. I just wanted to let you know this was another great contribution to the story you've been telling for so very long. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars must be behind your numerous customs and dioramas? Making these aren't cheap, as I have well learned. In turn, it makes all you've done more impressive. Where the heck do you keep it all?! But moving on to the bread and butter of this review.

The plot in this story was very good. I'm reminded heavily of Belsavis in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (MMORPG game). Which is also a prison planet with weird droids and giant vaults storing all kinds of prisoners... both recent and ancient. Which is kind of what I'm hoping will be the case here. I'm very curious to see how you will develop the dwellers. Maybe mutants with all kinds of weird disfigurements? Brave survivors who have banded together for mutual survival? Your story keeps us engaged and makes us wonder...is Enloe force sensitive? I've always thought that this is where you going to go with this story. When he picked up the lightsaber and used it in this arc, I was practically jumping out of my chair because this has always been my guess of what the story will be. I must say...that would be an interesting take if true. Like the Force itself comes out in a latent way, when it is most needed in a galaxy overrun by the Empire? I know you had mentioned that Enloe will interact with an actual character from the main movie franchise? I must say, this makes me very curious.

As always, your custom figures are always intuitive and very unique, blending a variety of parts and sometimes even franchises. Your droids in this particular episode were insane to look at, because they all looked very unique...I liked the cobbled together look of the Maker's minions, but I also thought that K3's mix of droid parts was convincing because in a penal colony/prison planet like this I guess you build with what you can find... and his design very much reflects that.

You have always put a lot of passion and care in all your PN elements and this is no exception. Writing this somewhat large review is something I wanted to write, because I know you love what you do. Which is what all PN's should be about! Cheers.
Yautjaclanleader wrote:Justin,

This is the first time I've ever really reviewed one of your PN's before. But I have been a long-time lurking fan of your story for almost a decade. I just wanted to let you know this was another great contribution to the story you've been telling for so very long. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars must be behind your numerous customs and dioramas? Making these aren't cheap, as I have well learned. In turn, it makes all you've done more impressive. Where the heck do you keep it all?! But moving on to the bread and butter of this review.

First off, thanks for reading! I've been making this series on and off for almost 15 years. Kind of crazy...

Time, money and space are an issue... and keeping my wife from getting too annoyed with it. I have all of my stuff (well most of it) set up in dioramas in my basement. And a closet literally crammed with junk for scenes, customs, etc.

Yautjaclanleader wrote:The plot in this story was very good. I'm reminded heavily of Belsavis in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (MMORPG game). Which is also a prison planet with weird droids and giant vaults storing all kinds of prisoners... both recent and ancient. Which is kind of what I'm hoping will be the case here. I'm very curious to see how you will develop the dwellers. Maybe mutants with all kinds of weird disfigurements? Brave survivors who have banded together for mutual survival?

I'm not sure who Belsavis is, but I did play KOTOR on XBOX... or do you mean TOR online? I never did get a chance to play that.

I do expect to have a couple twists on the planet still, and the dwellers will be cool - I hope! I hope this weekend to finally get back to working on the series. I need to work on the sewer environment. The dweller customs are done (mostly).

Yautjaclanleader wrote:Your story keeps us engaged and makes us wonder...is Enloe force sensitive? I've always thought that this is where you going to go with this story. When he picked up the lightsaber and used it in this arc, I was practically jumping out of my chair because this has always been my guess of what the story will be. I must say...that would be an interesting take if true. Like the Force itself comes out in a latent way, when it is most needed in a galaxy overrun by the Empire? I know you had mentioned that Enloe will interact with an actual character from the main movie franchise? I must say, this makes me very curious.

I've been tinkering with the entire force sensitive idea for a long time with Rykrof but have wanted to take this very, very slow and not make the concept unrealistic. His mother was a Jedi, but once she died, his father demanded Rykrof have no part of any sort of exposure to any Jedi ways, or even be tested. Rykrof was told that the gift of the Force was not passed onto him during the Clone Wars, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Yes, he will have an interaction with someone fro the main franchise. He's met some characters here and there, and his closest actual relationship was with Palpatine during the pre-Imperial era. But more is to come for sure.

Yautjaclanleader wrote:As always, your custom figures are always intuitive and very unique, blending a variety of parts and sometimes even franchises. Your droids in this particular episode were insane to look at, because they all looked very unique...I liked the cobbled together look of the Maker's minions, but I also thought that K3's mix of droid parts was convincing because in a penal colony/prison planet like this I guess you build with what you can find... and his design very much reflects that.

You have always put a lot of passion and care in all your PN elements and this is no exception. Writing this somewhat large review is something I wanted to write, because I know you love what you do. Which is what all PN's should be about! Cheers.

Thank you for the review, nice words on the customs, etc. It's always fun to get feedback. I used to be more ambitious with my plans for the series, but I still will get to the point what I want to, eventually. It just takes longer these days.

Again - thank you. I'll try and have some image previews of what's to come around Thanksgiving.

Wow! Just over five years since I posted this. H[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Vote Now

Since I am already working on a tank, gonna go wit[…]

Sail Barge - Fully funded and then some!

Got my barge as well. I am so glad I jumped on it […]

After the rollback tip from Chewie I checked out m[…]

1. Yavin IV Command 2. Rogue One Soldiers 3. Saw G[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Wow, I just realized how inactive I've been. Start[…]

Posted! :-) You're a hero.

Custom by nighthawk

Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough on[…]