Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Rykrof Enloe is back with a new adventure!

Hope you all enjoy, and as always I look forward to feedback! If you'd like to catch up on previous chapters first, the links are below:

The Enloe Trials Prologue: The Baron's Crusade
Chapter 1: Seeds of Insurrection
Chapter 2: Atrocity
Chapter 3: Revelations
Chapter 4: Shadow of Death
Chapter 5: Depths of Despair
Chapter 6: Seekers of the Dark Relic
Chapter 7: Veils of Deceit
Chapter 8: Catastrophe
Chapter 9: The Fall of Banyss
Chapter 10: Shards of Rebellion
Chapter 11: Desolation
Chapter 12: Rising Depths
Chapter 13: Desperate Measures
Chapter 14: Uprising
Chapter 15: Flesh and Steel

Character profiles are as follows:

Rykrof Enloe - Homeworld - Naboo. Former Republic Commander, who is now an enemy of the Empire. He has a history of entanglements with the Badoo Corba terrorist organization, dating back prior to the Clone Wars. He is a former close friend of Imperial Baron Tylin Gere and was been forced to embark on a desperate mission to acquire an ancient Sith artifact for Tylin - which ended in failure. Since then, he has inadvertently led Imperial forces to a secret Rebel base on Banyss, which was destroyed by Darth Vader's forces. Rykrof has now been taken captive by the Empire and resides in the Imperial penal colony on Tartaaris. Most of those dear to him believe he is now deceased.

Atracion - Homeworld - Mon Calamari. This former slave trader was imprisoned after conspiring to steal a shipment of Coaxium for the crime organization known as Crimson Dawn. He quickly gained the respect of other inmates and became the leader of the largest prison gang in captivity on Tartaaris.

The Maker - Homeworld - Unknown. Very little is know about this myserious individual, other than he is the current warden of the Imperial penal colony on Tartaaris. For years, he has crafted custom hunter droids from the countless junk piles on Tartaaris and programmed them to terrorize the prisoner population. Rarely seen by the local garrison, the Maker has recently been stirring due to rumors of a pending prisoner revolt.

Baron Tylin Gere - Homeworld - Naboo. Former close ally of Rykrof Enloe, the two served as Republic Peace Officers prior to the Clone Wars and later as officers in the Grand Army of the Republic. Tylin thirsts for power and has become obsessed with acquiring an ancient Sith artifact, which was recently acquired by Darth Vader, who he secretly sees as a rival. He has taken custody of Alyssa and Caldin Enloe, and ordered the death of Rykrof's father. He believes Rykrof Enloe is dead, once and for all.

Commander Vlarra Gere - Homeworld - Naboo. Nephew of Tylin Gere. Vlarra has always admired his uncle's ambition and strives to rise through the Imperial ranks quickly, regardless of the means.

Emperor Palpatine - Homeword - Naboo. Dark Lord of the Sith and the undisputed leader of the Galactic Empire. He attempted to mold Rykrof Enloe as the ideal Imperial officer but failed. He takes great interest in Baron Tylin Gere's personal quests for power and admires his ambition.

Darth Vader - Homeworld - Tatooine. Dark Lord of the Sith and follows the instructions of his master, Emperor Palpatine. During the Clone Wars, he was once friends with Rykrof Enloe. He considers Rykrof a traitor to the Empire but also is fully aware that Rykrof once helped protect Padme Amidala, and rather than killing him, he has spared Rykrof's life by sending him to a secret penal colony on Tartaaris. However, his loyalties to Emperor Palpatine are secure.

Deep in the Outer Rim, the Empire has turned the war torn planet, Tartaaris, into a secret penal colony for former Separatists and other undesirables.

Deemed an enemy of the Empire, Rykrof Enloe endured the hardships of the coarse landscape for several years...

...and has recently inspired a prisoner revolt!

The majority of the convicts were killed in the attack...

...but managed to eliminate an Imperial droid unit dispatched to crush the uprising!

Rykrof then found himself in an unexpected showdown against the Maker!

It appeared as though the Imperial warden had been defeated...

...but the Maker had deceived everyone!

Fleeing for their lives, the survivors spotted a potential sanctuary...

...the underground sewers.

Hidden from the Imperials, the survivors now contemplate their dire situation.

"Your plan backfired," Atracion hisses.
"Nearly all my men are dead."

"It's not over yet," Rykrof argues.
"These sewers likely lead right under the Imperial complex."

"We won't make it far," Sarlo insists.

"The things that live down here are far more deadly than any of the Maker's droids."

"I'll take my chances," Rykrof contends.
"You can come with me or go back. But I'm getting off this planet... right after I take down the Maker."

"Very well," Atracion concedes.
"But you lead the way."

"We need just need to follow the tunnels... one of them should lead us there."

As the group traverses the underground lair, they pass a grim reminder of the dangers that loom ahead...

...as strange, eerie sounds echo in the distance.

Rykrof knows all too well that he faces another risk...

...he knows that Atracion is not his friend...

...and these criminals could turn on him at any moment.

"The stench down here is getting worse," Atracion complains.

"The running sewage must be up ahead."

Rykrof then cautiously peeks through a tunnel opening...

"Well, what's out there?" Atracion asks impatiently.
"Is it safe?"

"I don't see anything," Rykrof observes.
"Come on through."

"We're probably going in the wrong direction," the Quarren huffs.

The group then pauses to observe their surroundings.

"This looks dangerous," Halri warns.
"There's no telling what infests these waters."

"Yeah," Sarlo agrees.
"I don't like the looks of this."

"You better not be steering us into another trap!" Atracion growls.

"Just stick together and keep your voices down..."

"...and don't get too close to the water."

"So far, so good," Atracion admits...

"DAMN!"

"What IS that thing?"

"It's a Dianoga!"

Rykrof ignites his lightsaber...

...as his companions keep their distance from the cephalopod!

The creature's tentacles whip furiously through the air...

...as the prisoners take aim at the creature!

"Come on, JEDI!" Atracion bellows.
"Kill it!"

Rykrof lunges with the lightsaber but misses the creature...

...which then attempts to wrap a tentacle around Halri!

Another tentacle lashes toward Rykrof...

...and is too fast for Halri's laser blast!

Rykrof tries to maneuver closer to the dianoga...

...as Atracion pulls further away from the fight.

"See if you can get it to head back at me!" Rykrof shouts.

"Gladly!"

Rykrof then calms his nerves...

...waiting for the menace to swing back in his direction...

...and dismembers the beast!

"Ha ha, Jedi!" Atraction laughs.
"I just KNEW you could do it!"

Wounded, the cephalopod retreats into the water!

"DON'T call me a JEDI again," Rykrof warns Atracion.

The team then slowly continues their journey along the passage.

Angered by Atracion's lack of support in the battle, Rykrof can't shake the feeling that his companions can not be trusted...

...and he feels they are watching him more closely than before.

"What's THIS?" Atracion asks as the group enters a new chamber.

Rykrof continues the lead as the prisoners enter deeper into the subterranean lair.

"I'm not sure," he concedes.

"A lot of dead bodies..."

"...looks to me like someone dragged them back here."

"It must have been the dwellers," Atracion says.

"We need to get moving," Sarlo warns.

"If they find us here, they'll tear us to pieces."

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Rykrof quickly spins...

...and helplessly watches as a dweller tears into Halri...

...instantly killing him!

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Rykrof prepares to ignite his weapon...

...when a laser blast strikes the kobold in the chest!

Sarlo then lowers his blaster.

"Halri..."

"I'm sorry about your friend," Rykrof says.

"...but we better keep going before more of these things arrive."

"There's an opening over there," Atracion points out.

"We might as well check it out."

"I don't like the look of this. You go first."

Armed with both his lightsaber and Halri's blaster, Rykrof proceeds forward.

"Stay close to me. There's no telling what's in there."

"We'll be right behind you, Enloe."

Rykrof then enters the chamber...

:wink:
Dang! This is really good! I'm really keen on knowing the recipe for those dwellers. I really like how they look. I'm thinking about using them to make a more modern military zombie combatant for my GI-joes. Really great work on the story, dioramas, and figures!!
johnmorog wrote:Dang! This is really good! I'm really keen on knowing the recipe for those dwellers. I really like how they look. I'm thinking about using them to make a more modern military zombie combatant for my GI-joes. Really great work on the story, dioramas, and figures!!

Thank you... I'll post a better pic of that dweller with parts list. I've made 4 of them so far. If I can get parts I'll make more.

The head is from a Harry Potter figure and hands from Alien Hiya Toys. The rest are Star Wars parts...

Pretty cool chapter. Liked the suspense of wondering if Atracion and his guys would turn... but I think that's meant for a later time. I thought Halri was a goner when they encountered the Dianoga... but wait for it!

I love the use of the Dementor head. I think it works great!

As for the ending... Sopranos?
sam1 wrote:Excellent as always. Great staging and use of greeblies!

Thanks! The dioramas took a long time.... I started on it all last August/September and kept getting delayed. I have been working close to 60 hrs a week non-stop since then so getting to the point when I was ready to take pics took longer than I expected. The greeblies help out a lot.

darthvlad wrote:Pretty cool chapter. Liked the suspense of wondering if Atracion and his guys would turn... but I think that's meant for a later time. I thought Halri was a goner when they encountered the Dianoga... but wait for it!

I love the use of the Dementor head. I think it works great!

As for the ending... Sopranos?

Thanks bud.... Its funny in a way all the effort that goes into something like this, and then I realize it's only about a 5 minute read...

The Atracion thing is something I felt like would be a real worry that Rykrof would be feeling. So it felt like I should mention that... there's only so many things to add in for text just showing figures walking in a scene. Actually, for almost every chapter lately, I don't create any of the text or dialogue until after the pics are done. I find it easier to work with the pics and then frame the specifics of thr story after that.

Yeah I had experimented with Halri dying earlier but thought I needed to make the dwellers seem like more of a threat.... there will be more of them in the next chapter. :-)

The Dememtor heads do work well!

As for the Sopranos.... I have never watched so any similarities would be coincidental...

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts.... that's what helps keep me going with these...

Another fantastic chapter. The sewer system and tunnels look so life like it's ridiculous (in a good way). I like the Dwellers as another interesting obstacle for Rykrof. Like others have mentioned, I was waiting for Atracion to turn on him. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Yakfinities #72 - Vote Now

What are "Imperial scavengers"?

Custom by nighthawk

Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough on[…]

Very nice scores Chewie! 9.99 for that AT-ST and 2[…]

1. The Max Rebo Band 2. Jabba's Denizens 3. Cantin[…]

The Kill Or the Thrill of The Chase?

I actually enjoy the chase, especially when I'm se[…]

Yakfinities #71 - CONCEPT SERIES

Jaghearse - great set of customs! Mousedroidhooji[…]

Winner #2 never selected their prize from what I c[…]