Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Utinniii
Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.

The problem is price...

I looked into gauntlets...it would cost me almost $200 to make them with a 3D printer. I made this with $20 in foam...

By Utinniii
I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.

I really wish that my Library had that option. Unfortunately none of them around here have that...so for me, it's either fork over $400 for a printer with a large printing bed, or contract oft Etsy. Either way, too much money. I'll just build it myself. The only parts of the costume I'm not making will be the lycra bodysuit and the latex mask...

By Utinniii
That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)

I'm so excited for it.
By Yautjaclanleader
TREMENDOUS update!!!!

So I'm selling my old work, because I'm funding for a $4,350.00 suit made by professional artist, Christopher Du-Bois (aka InkFXtion Studios or Neokazama)!

Here is the concept that was born into reality...

REALITY!
Yakfinities #71 - CONCEPT SERIES

Nice work so far. :-) I don't know how many cust[…]

Thanks, those guys are nearly done. I'll snap bet[…]

Dang.. I really want like 4 of these, but don't ha[…]

Ooph, now who has a 3d printer that could make the[…]

After hitting 6 Wal-marts and 3 Targets I finally […]

Thanks a lot, Chewie, the new 5 POA figures have g[…]

Nice character duo! Some of these conceptrs are ve[…]

01. Dragon Snake (TESB) 02. Mustafar Lava Flea (RO[…]