Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Utinniii
Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.

More updates.
Last edited by Yautjaclanleader on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Utinniii
I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.

I really wish that my Library had that option. Unfortunately none of them around here have that...so for me, it's either fork over $400 for a printer with a large printing bed, or contract oft Etsy. Either way, too much money. I'll just build it myself. The only parts of the costume I'm not making will be the lycra bodysuit and the latex.
Last edited by Yautjaclanleader on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Utinniii
That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)
By Yautjaclanleader
Utinniii wrote:That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)

I'm so excited for it.
By Yautjaclanleader
TREMENDOUS update!!!!

So I'm selling my old work, because I'm funding for a $4,350.00 suit made by professional artist, Christopher Du-Bois (aka InkFXtion Studios or Neokazama)!

Here is the concept that was born into reality...

REALITY!
By DarthParallax
this is amazing !! love the suit, that mask is so awesome looking! my youngest loves this predator and had to show him the pics and he was just so in awe of it. looking forward to seeing you all geared up !
By Yautjaclanleader
DarthParallax wrote:this is amazing !! love the suit, that mask is so awesome looking! my youngest loves this predator and had to show him the pics and he was just so in awe of it. looking forward to seeing you all geared up !

Thank you, Darth! I will certainly post more as it's completed and when I suit up. Not sure where you are geographically, but I plan to debut the suit at MegaCon Orlando 2019.

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Excellent!!!! RC was one of my favorite games as […]

Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent[…]

I swear, your skill in soft goods and sculpting ar[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Any Republic Commando backpacks available in here?[…]

Community fodder box...

It looks like we need the bigger box since most of[…]

So cool. I really like the dark side yoda!

TLJ Purchases and Finds

I was able to find one at Ross here in AZ, I agre[…]