Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By Utinniii
#167296
Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.
User avatar
By Yautjaclanleader
#167298
Utinniii wrote:Those are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Thingiverse has a lot of cosplay items to print out. You might want to check them out, unless you enjoy making everything from scratch.


More updates.
Image
Image
Last edited by Yautjaclanleader on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Utinniii
#167299
I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.
User avatar
By Yautjaclanleader
#167303
Utinniii wrote:I was thinking more of just printing out specific greeblies.
I enjoy the tactile aspect of making things so I will only use 3D printing for things I don't have the skill to make myself. There is also a different skill set needed. I'm much more impressed with hand made items, although I am envious of those that have the programming skills to create files.

I'm also lucky in that my library has a printer and it only costs 10 cents a gram.


I really wish that my Library had that option. Unfortunately none of them around here have that...so for me, it's either fork over $400 for a printer with a large printing bed, or contract oft Etsy. Either way, too much money. I'll just build it myself. The only parts of the costume I'm not making will be the lycra bodysuit and the latex.
Last edited by Yautjaclanleader on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Utinniii
#167305
That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)
User avatar
By Yautjaclanleader
#167306
Utinniii wrote:That is going to be a really amazing costume! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

(I'm not sure what I want more, a 3D printer or a paper cutting machine. I can't afford either though.)


I'm so excited for it.
User avatar
By Yautjaclanleader
#168013
TREMENDOUS update!!!!

So I'm selling my old work, because I'm funding for a $4,350.00 suit made by professional artist, Christopher Du-Bois (aka InkFXtion Studios or Neokazama)!

Here is the concept that was born into reality...
Image

REALITY!
Image
Image
Image
Image
I make stuff too!

Here's a group shot I took over the weekend; every[…]

The 16th Trial: Caverns of Death

Thanks for the preview feedback, might be able to […]

received my Klaatu figures from Hasbro Pulse today[…]

I agree she goes better with the theme. But I'm g[…]

TVC Skiff guard 3-pack

I only need Vedain out of this set, but I'm excit[…]

TVC 2019 Discussion

If they offer solid cases of the Stormtrooper, I g[…]

Retro Vintage Figures

These look fun. I have a lot of Vintage figures, […]

TVC Desert Skiff

I'm excited for this! I passed on the barge for a[…]