Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Niktom
Thanks guys!

Wow, in just two more months it will have been a year since I've done shots like these. Dang, gotta git off my lazy tail and shoot some more.

julianmaurice wrote:I can only conclude that you are one of the top creative forces in the Star Wars Fan world.

LOL... not sure if I would go that far. There are many others who have been doing this a lot longer than I have, contributed WAY more and put so much more work into it.
By Niktom
After seeing how long it was since I last updated this thread, I had to take some new shots.

Got a couple more angles and effects coming....
By Incom
The first one's really nice, Niktom. Great scenery and atmosphere. I guess you used some sort of red light underneath a clear shelf? The second one's a Photoshop altered pic, no? The trooper's jumpsuit looks a bit weird that way :)

I made a shot of a VOTC Vader not so long ago, hope you don't mind me posting it here:

niktom that shot of the jump trooper in the junk pile is amazing....what is that glowing set up he is standing in? amazing work!
By Niktom
Thanks, the set was made in a casserole dish with Jello... yeah, Jello.... and some various parts. I had the dish raised up above the table so I could slip some lights underneath. After shooting I made some adjustments in PhotoShop to the color and lighting along with adding some age to the debris.

These are two zoomed out and unaltered shots taken before the lights were added underneath, You can see the sides of the dish as well as the some fruit from the Jello. This was certainly the best smelling shoot I've ever done.

That is freaking awesome, i thought it was some sort of jelly stuff but i didn't think it was actual jelly! :lol:
:lol: it's actual jello! wow.....that looks amazing in your tweaked pictures....great work....was it a mess to clean up?
By Niktom
At Yak's Pub we go through great lengths to get the shot we want... LOLOLOL. I've got plans to do more in Jello, it's just been finding the time.

Clean up was a snap. Pulled all the pieces out, jello washes right off, and the smartest thing I did was using the casaroul dish. Dumped it all down the disposal. Maybe a 10 minute clean up.
Two things!

One, next Green Jelly would be interesting lol.

Two, what do you mean down the disposal! You should have been environmentally friendly and ate it! :lol:
By Niktom
Paulskywalker wrote:Two things!

One, next Green Jelly would be interesting lol.

Two, what do you mean down the disposal! You should have been environmentally friendly and ate it! :lol:

Green for sure! Think I'm going to set up a good variety and try different stuff. May try some different fruit too. If I remember, there's only peaches in the above shots.

Dude that stuff was nasty by the time I got through with it. :lol:
3.75 customs

Jaxxon looks fantastic! Great work on all of thes[…]

1 Han (main outfit) 2 General Leia 3 FO Snowtroope[…]

Walmart and TVC

Yep, the only effort they put into the first wave […]

Determine the final spot for The Vintage Collectio[…]

Results! 01. Agent Kallus (ISB with armor) 02. He[…]

Tie breaker! Choose who you want to see make it i[…]

Results! 01. Grand Inquisitor 02. Agent Kallus (I[…]

Thanks Evilivo. Here are the changes and upgrades[…]