Image Image Image Image Image

XDarthSinisterX Presents: A Different Point Of View

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

XDarthSinisterX Presents: A Different Point Of View

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi everyone, Sinister here.

Since the 'Joint Site Episode VII Contest' it helped me shake the dust off a little. I feel like I need to post here at the YAK a little more. I'm sure a lot of you have seen my "Virtual Collages" over at the Yards so this is old hat to ya'll, but I'd like to start a thread here and update it as I do new stuff.

The images that I create are not drawings. These images are from mostly existing Star Wars photos and art from image searches melded with Non-Star Wars images. I create concepts of things I would love to see in the Star Wars universe. I'm an OT guy and try to get that feel into almost all of the stuff I do. Some of these images consist of hundreds of layers some are simpler. All in all it's a fun inexpensive way for me to create and I hope you all enjoy them.

I'm going to start off with my comic covers. These are concept stories and characters I came up with as a sort of "Episode VII". This series is entitled "Dark Lords Of The Sith" and follows a rebuilding of the Sith Empire by some of the most powerful Sith Masters ever.

We’ll start at the beginning.

100 years after the “Battle Of Endor” the Galactic Republic has risen from the ashes and the Jedi have been reborn…
As the natural order of the Galaxy unfolds balance is a rule. With good there must be evil as an offset.
This is the unfortunate side effect of the sentient condition that continues to repeat itself, forever through space and time.

The SITH have begun to reform in the most horrifying way. They have found strength in numbers and a dangerous balance of power. A leader has risen and in order to avoid detection by the Jedi has led his faction to the most remote of places to grow and prosper with revenge at heart.

At the edge of the galaxy where starry tentacles reach into the void is a place where no spacers will travel. A place steeped in lore and legend, of tales of mystery and ghosts and nightmares. This area has been dubbed the MOBUS CRESCENT, named by ancient pilots from days long forgotten. The name stems from the rough shape of the area, one tip beginning in space near the Mobus system the other ending light years away at the edge of a dangerous asteroid field forming the inside shape of a crescent.

Within the crescent no known ship to enter has ever returned. It is said that there, lives strange anomalies that warp time and matter and millions of small but dense black holes… small… but large enough to swallow whole a small moon. It is speculated that this strange accumulation blocks passage to one of the Galaxy’s several tendrils but none know for sure…
or do they.

Using the Dark Side of the Force the SITH have navigated the dangerous space and emerged from the nebulous gas clouds on the other side to find a vast void sparsely peppered with pins of light. Flickering stars, most dying and lifeless, all void of any intelligent life, but life exists none the less. Life so ancient it has never been seen by reasoning eyes. Obsolete life dating back to the birth of the Galaxy. Some would say, monsters. Here the SITH have found a sanctuary to build their machine of war on a planet no longer accompanied by its brothers and sisters. A ROGUE WORLD orbiting a super hot, life sustaining gas giant that roams slowly and aimlessly through the blackness.

This dark volatile world now hides a dangerous secret. This is EREBUS. This is where the HIDDEN SITH reside.

EREBUS (?r'?-b?s)
n. Greek Mythology
The dark region of the underworld through which the dead must pass before they reach Hades.

As a young man, NAGA RAJA, studied the ways of the Dark Side of the Force. Through the years his power grew and he trained an apprentice. His choice of apprentice proved to be a wise one, as the man was a scientist and a doctor and his agenda for power was quite different than that of RAJA.

Many years later RAJA encountered another SITH Master who was almost as powerful as he. The two became caught in a power struggle, but RAJA being the wise and more powerful eventually won out and with great influence persuaded the dark Master to join him and his cause.

RAJA used his wisdom, patience and great power and went against traditional SITH teachings and formed a society of evil agents to do his bidding. When his group became too large to conceal from the growing number of Jedi Knights in the Galaxy, RAJA, decided to move his people as far out of the central core as he could. This is how he eventually led the faction of SITH to the dark world of Erebus. Here he began to build a machine of war. He proclaimed himself KING and sent out his evil minions to recruit new soldiers for his cause.

The planet he chose proved to be another great success as it was rich with raw material for industrialization. RAJA had felt the world called to him through the Force. He soon discovered evidence of a long past civilization and by way of hieroglyphics and artifacts was able to discern that the ancient people were in fact children of the Force and had a vast knowledge of forgotten power. The planet also revealed a unique black crystal that was incredibly powerful when used for Lightsabers and an indigenous life form, easily influenced by the Force, and when implanted in humanoids made them ripe for mind control.

Now with great patience NAGA RAJA watches his forces grow and waits for the right time to reveal the HIDDEN SITH.

NAGA is Indonesian and through certain dialects can refer to many things. In this case it is definitely evil and refers to the serpent or Dark Serpent.
RAJA from Sanskrit is the term for Monarch or King.

The late great Boris Karloff is NAGA RAJA.

When recruiting soldiers for his Dark Side Army, Naga Raga found a lack-luster result. Willing volunteers were extremely scarce and any recruits who did join soon sought personal power of their own disrupting the delicate balance that Raja had worked so hard to achieve.

Raja soon turned to his most trusted friend, a scientist he had chosen as his first apprentice. Using an indigenous life form of Erebus the scientist devised a way of controlling humanoids with a horrifying mix of surgical techniques and technology. The first of these experimental drones was a Brute referred to as KASAR.

The giant worked so well Raja took him as a body guard and ordered raids on unsuspecting vessels that ran a shipping lane in close proximity of the Mobus Crescent. The SITH raided all sorts of vessels from civilian to military, abducting all passengers aboard including women and children for use in experimentation. In some cases they would even seize the ship, but some useless civilian starships were left derelict later to be found. This ramped up the mysterious tales of the Mobus Crescent in the galactic circle.

KASAR was feared by anyone who would be so bold as to conspire against Naga Raja. The brute man was directly controlled by Raja through the Force and always carried a securis made on the same principal as a lightsaber for chopping any wary opponent. KASAR was also mirrored by several droids, one usually floating above his head. These droids were the eyes and ears of Naga Raja.

KASAR (Indonesian: Brutish)

The unique face of KASAR is Rondo Hatton. He began his career in 1930 and was best known for his portrayal of the homicidal "Creeper" and his legacy lives on through the the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards.

A clash between two Masters of the Sith would normally end in the death of the weaker. This was not the case when Naga Raja and DARTH VEREOR met in battle. Naga Raja did defeat VEREOR but using his vast wisdom and unmoving patience, Raja, recruited the Sith Master instead of killing him. The two made a pact and joined for their common cause, conquering the Republic and eradication of the Jedi.

DARTH VEREOR may have lost his skirmish against Raja, but the Dark Lord was extremely powerful all the same. He was a frightening incarnation and his brutality earned him the nickname "The Impaler". His maddened quest for ultimate rule over the galaxy became watered down as he aged and through the Dark Side of the Force he began to search for immortality. This search distracted the Dark Lord from his ultimate goal and caused him to become reckless.

After a botched raid on an outpost in Republic space, almost revealing the HIDDEN SITH, Naga Raja was forced to confront VEREOR.

VEREOR Latin word meaning: to respect, fear, be in dread of, to be afraid.
Of coarse, a tribute to BELA LUGOSI. DARTH VEREOR's pet Nexu is named Blasko' which is the real sir name of Lugosi.

Darth Vereor’s apprentice, DARTH VERNULA, was trained in the brutal ways of his master. This Defel Dark Lord was known for his vicious fighting style and equally vicious weapon. The version of a LightSaber was clasped together for a broad sword effect but could be detached for a double weapon fighting style. The weapon also had shorter energy blades that could be separately activated, surprising many doomed Jedi in close combat.

Following the orders of his Master, who was obsessed with eternal life, VERNULA raided an outpost in the Spar Sector. The mission was to find a fabled artifact that was able to extend the possessor’s life indefinitely. The artifact was never found and the mission nearly went very bad when a group of Jedi at the outpost intervened. VERNULA’s vicious training prevailed and all were killed.

VERNULA Latin word meaning: servant.
The bat-like Defel was used to compliment Darth Vereor’s Dracula-like character.

NAGA ZOMB was the original apprentice and right hand of Naga Raja and helped the Dark Lord to literally "raise" an army. Using hired hands from mercenaries to bounty hunters the Sith abducted their army from anywhere they could and in some cases used the hired scum as well. Through the Dark Side of the Force NAGA ZOMB focused his experimental and surgical prowess to create a mindless, obedient and very dangerous soldier for Raja's army.
After discovering the zbârnâi, a creature indigenous to Erebus that fed off of the sentient mind and allowed total control of it's victim through the Force, ZOMB was able to find a balance of parasitic, Force control and technology to create his monsters. Naga Raja’s zombie army proved to perform well and NAGA ZOMB basked in the praise of his King.

ZOMB is a derivative from the word zombie, of coarse.
Zbârnâi- Romanian buzz, whirr, tingle. As in the Price movie “The Tingler”.
This is a tribute to one of my favorite horror masters, the late great Vincent Price

Naga Zomb’s apprentice NAGA XENO often assisted in the process by bringing unwilling test subjects to his Master. XENO was a vicious protector to his Master and also controlled the guardians, the Ophion, in the caverns Avernus that led to the Hidden Sith Temple on Erebus.

NAGA XENO was often charged to bring in important Republic citizens for his masters chamber of horrors. XENO had a great talent of stealth and was even able to infiltrate the Senate on Coruscant on several occasions. XENO was also known to travel one or several “guardians” with him on missions. He had an uncanny control over the subterranean monsters. The creatures were of all sizes depending on their age and had a highly venomous bite from either head. XENO sometimes used them as assassination tools.

XENO meaning alien or stranger.
Ophion (?f?'?n), in Greek mythology, a huge serpent. An orphic god who ruled the world with his mother, Eurynome, before the reign of Kronos. When he became unruly, Eurynome banished him to the underworld.
A•ver•nus -a lake near Naples, Italy, looked upon in ancient times as an entrance to hell, from whose waters vile-smelling vapors arose, supposedly killing birds flying over it.

DARTH LUPUS was strong in the Dark Side of the Force and along with his apprentice DARTH WARG led a great deal of the Hidden Sith fighting force created by Naga Zomb. DARTH WARG, a Shistavanen Darksider, was solely loyal to his master and Naga Raja kept a watchful eye on the two knowing that there combined ambition was a dangerous asset.

LUPUS is Latin for wolf.
From Norse mythology WARG is a certain wolf.
These two are a tribute to Lon Chaney Jr. and the wolfman character he made his own!

DARTH PLAGA was one of a hand full of ruthless Sith Lords who formed a group called the 'Hidden Sith'. Together these Dark Lords built an army from unsuspecting abductees, silently and hidden in a part of the Outer Rim that remained unexplored.
DARTH PLAGA had practiced a forgotten Dark Side power that enabled him to render his opponents violently ill, incapacitating them for an easy kill. He taught this technique to his apprentice who in time perfected the power to a greater degree than his own master. Soon the apprentice became the master and used the Dark Side technique against PLAGA and killed him to further his own career.

PLAGA Spanish word meaning: plague.
Here we have two silver screen gems separated by different eras, one from the 1970's the other silent from the 1920's. From the 1970's we have William Marshall for his portrayal of Prince Mamuwalde or Blackula in the campy horror movie of the same name which won "Best Horror Film" award at the 1972 Saturn Awards. Also Max Schreck as the vampire Count Orlok in the 1922 film Nosferatu which was ahead of it's time and to me came off as very spooky even for a silent film.

DARTH VILE was a frightening presence, an alien of unknown origin he was taken in by Darth Plaga after the Dark Lord recognized the creatures prowess in the Force. Plaga recklessly taught Vile everything he knew and in turn Vile used it against him and took his place as one of several ruling Lords in the 'Hidden Sith'.

VILE Middle English meaning: Loathsome; disgusting.

We did a tribute to Classic Hollywood Monsters the last time so now it’s time for my very favorite genera… the Western.

I’m one of those guys that can’t get enough classic Westerns. John Wayne being my favorite! Nothing compares to him or his films, to me. And as hard as it may sound to incorporate the Duke into the Star Wars universe, I think I successfully pulled it off here. To me there is only one character that Big John Wayne could have played in Star Wars… see below for the details…

“FOR A FEW CREDITS MORE”

In this tale, two Bounty Hunters meet up in Mos Eisley and butt heads after they find out they’re after the same bounty. They soon find that the best way to catch their prey is to team up and infiltrate the fugitive’s murderous gang. One Bounty Hunter, however, has a secret vendetta that could cloud his judgment and blow their cover!

This is “FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE” meets STAR WARS. Here I’m showing the two Bounty Hunters, Col. Mortimer is Lee Van Cleef and Manco is Clint Eastwood. I also give a nod to Bounty Hunter Cad Bane through Col. Mortimer, who’s outfit resembles Bane’s.

“FAMILY REUNION”

When a band of outlaws kidnap the son of Dev Solo he looks to family for help. His father, Cord Solo, returns with his crew and together devises a plan to rescue the boy under a guise of a ransom payment. It takes the men all the way across the Galaxy where Cord is forced to make peace with estranged son Han in order to save his Grandson.

This one features Big John Wayne and his real son Patrick Wayne with a nod to the Wayne movie “BIG JAKE”. I used the name Dev for Pat Wayne’s character as a homage to Devlin Warren, the character he played in McLintock. For the big guy I used the name Cord after Col. Cord McNally from the movie “RIO LOBO”.

I know popular EU says that Han was an orphan, but I just don’t see him as “Oliver Twist”. I like to create my own EU, so to speak, and I think Han was more the rebellious type who wouldn’t listen to dear old Dad or comply with his rules. This eventually put him out on the street to fend for himself. I can see Han’s first meeting with his Father after numerous years away, “disgracing the family name” according to Cord Solo. Han sarcastically calling Cord “Daddy” and Cord eventually tiring of the poke and popping him in the mouth.
I think in the end they come to a mutual respect. Especially when Cord see’s that his son Han has taken up with a Princess and a young Jedi and joined the Rebellion to fight the Empire.

This one is my version of how Lando may have come to acquire the Millenium Falcon.

I've done Humphrey Bogart here as Captain Dobbs, the owner of the Millenium Falcon. His character is a nod to Captain Charlie in "The African Queen", the name Dobbs is his character in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" and the Millenium Falcon is his African Queen. In the movie of the same name the African Queen was a hunk a junk little boat who's boiler had to be kicked sometimes to get it to work right but she always came through in a pinch. If some of haven't seen the film give it a shot and think about Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon.

Also "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" is a must see! Especially for you guys who like the western "feel". It's not a western but a very good movie. Bogart plays Dobbs, the main character, who eventually by the end of the movie is the bad guy and meets a surprising end with a machete. Cool movie!

Here Capt. Dobbs has been scanning bars around the spaceport looking for a few hands to make a "run" with him over Imperial lines to deliver supplies. This is where he meets a young Lando Calrissian and hires him as one of the hands. This is also where Lando's relationship with the Falcon begins and his good friendship with Capt. Dobbs.

THE MILLENIUM FALCON

This next one is a tribute to Elizabeth Taylor. Last couple of weeks past Me and my 7yr old daughter watched "Little Women" and "National Velvet". My daughter loved them. Great for little girls!

I thought she would make a great Queen, so I've made her Queen Veletta of Mandalore. It took me quite a while to fabricate a realistic style Mando Royal Guard. Check em' out in the background.

THE QUEEN OF MANDALORE

Not long ago I watched "THE EXPENDABLES". It was a decent action flick, definitely a tribute to the old 80's movies that I enjoyed as a youngster. I thought it would be fun to mix the old with the semi-new and slap a little Star Wars in there and see what happens.

Ever wonder where the term "Rebel Scum" came from? Well, the Imperials were using that nasty analogy long before Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star. In this story we find out the who, what ,when and where of the origin of the " term" came from when we follow a unruly band of bruisers on a mission to take out one of the Empire's biggest prison camps... from the inside! Action is an understatement in this story!!!

On the cover we've got the most heroic scum in the galaxy! Sly Stallone (Expendables, Rambo, Rocky) Carl Weathers (Force 10 From Navarone, Rocky, Predator) Robert Shaw (Battle Of The Bulge, Force 10 From Navarone, Jaws) Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator, Predator, Total Recall) Charles Bronson (The Magnificent Seven, The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape) Steve McQueen (The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, Bullit) and James Coburn (The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, A Fistful of Dynamite). If you're an ACTION fan and haven't seen some of the above mentioned movies get to it!

THE UNDEFEATED

This month the great James Garner turned 85. In honor of his birthday and the wonderful films he's made I give you the next cover!

Garner, much like Steve McQueen, was a car enthusiast. He was fascinated with racing and one of the leading stunt drivers in Hollywood. He did almost all of his own stunt driving.

Racing was in Rock Latigo's blood from youth. He built a career on it in the days of the old Republic becoming well know on the circuit. But when his reckless ways drag him down to an all time low and he's banned from legal racing, his only hope is to win one of the most dangerous races in the Outer-Rim... the KESSEL RUN! With the help of his friend and trusted mechanic, Hawk, his luck just may change.

By the way, the crusty mechanic Hawk is none other than the late Keenan Wynn. One of my favorite character actors from film and television. His name, Hawk, is a tribute to his long running DISNEY character Alonzo Hawk from such movies as "The Absent Minded Professor", "Son Of Flubber" and "Herbie Rides Again".

DEATH RACE

There are so many great movies out there about the GREAT HUNT! BIG GAME in Africa and so on. Even KING KONG was kind of a Big Game type of movie. I had just watched "MOGAMBO" with Clark Gable and Eva Gardner and found some inspiration. A few days later I caught part of the 1933 version of "KING KONG" and it all came together! I added in Richard Widmark who, himself was know for big game hunting and the great Wallace Beery who in 1925 stared in the adaptation of Sir Conan Doyle's "LOST WORLD" and the following is what I spit out...

"KING KRAYT" is the tale of Vikter Stalker and his mates, tracker Zimmer Challenger and weapons expert Gerran Otto. The pack was well known throughout the Galaxy for their hunting prowess. They would hunt anything in any conditions and always come home with the kill.

When Vikter begins to hear tales of a massive "KING" Dragon on the planet Tatooine he cannot resist. He packs up his team and heads out on the hunt which would prove to be the challenge of his and his teams lives. The harsh environment of Tatooine was unforgiving! Bandits, Tusken Raiders and a nest of Sarlacc were only the tip of the iceberg for the haggard men before they found the KING KRAYT!!!!!

I'm also a big MARVEL Star Wars comic fan. I collected them when I was a kid and at that time it was the only (aside from a couple of novels) stories outside of the films that we had. It always has a special place with me so you'll probably see it quite often in this thread. These are a re-imagining of the old comic covers and characters from the 1970's.

Issue #7; in this issue Han and Chewie leave the rebels to go and pay Jabba back, but on the way they're hijacked by pirates. Crimson Jack is the first EU character to be seen here. Jack kindly loots the Falcon and steals the reward given to Solo for rescuing the Princess. This leaves Han and Chewie high and dry so they make a stop on Aduba-3 to try to earn a credit or two to get by. Luckily they run into a Verpine priest referred to as Pera and he offers the two payment for burying a cyborg spacer. The catch is that Han and Chewie have to fight off some of the locals that are not happy about a cyborg being buried in their local cemetery.

Here are some of the key characters in this issue....

MARVEL comics #8 featured several characters and for me these are a group of cherished characters so I wanted to get it right. It takes some time to produce these and there were six intricate individuals I had to scratch out and make to look as if they were actually in a STAR WARS movies.

The story itself is a take on the film "The Magnificent Seven" . In Star Wars #8 Han and Chewie are hired to protect a village from a gang of swoop bikers and the pair decide to hire a band of misfits to help them out. Here we meet the infamous STAR HOPPERS who are comprised of (to me) some real interesting characters including Don-Wan Kihotay, an old man who thinks he is a Jedi Knight. Hedji, a member of the rare Spiner species. Jimm Doshun, also known as "the Starkiller Kid" was a Human male native to Onacra, Aduba-3. FE-9Q was a tractor-robot employed in the farming community of Onacra on Aduba-3. Amaiza Foxtrain was a Human female who found work, respectively, as a dancer, a pirate, a gunslinger, and a smuggler, and Jaxxon was a quick-witted Lepi smuggler from Coachelle Prime.

I am a Jaxxon fan. I know that in the Star Wars community you either like Jax or you hate him, but before you write him off check out my version of him and the Starhoppers and try to keep an open mind. I think the group's worst enemy was bad art work and I have tirelessly tried to rectify this error.

MARVEL #9 Before I go into the brief synapses on this issue I'd like to point something out that some of you may or may not have noticed. I would think if you are a MARVEL Star Wars fan you might have noticed these little things about the series.

Going back to the last issue where Jaxxon and the StarHoppers are introduced, "EIGHT AGAINST THE WORLD", Jaxxon and Hedji are some of the first "earth-animal" aliens introduced into the Star Wars Universe. They were the precursor to Ewoks and Gamoreans as we know them. Also Amaiza was the first bikini wearing dancing girl in the SWU, before Leia wore it Jabba's court there was Amaiza.

In issue #9 Han, Chewie and the StarHoppers fight together against the Cloud Riders. Again this issue paves the way with the appearance of swoop or speeder bikes before we saw them in ROTJ. Perhaps this is where GL got the idea.? Also this issue is vaguely similar to Episode 17 of The Clone Wars: "BOUNTY HUNTERS". I've noticed as I watch TCW that several of their shows seem to have been taken strait from the pages of MARVEL comics. I'll point em' out as we go.

MARVEL COMICS #9 "THE CLOUD RIDERS" continues from issue 8 a rough adaptation of the "MAGNIFICENT SEVEN". In this issue we are introduced to the swoop gang that Solo and the StarHoppers have been hired to take out. The Cloud Riders are led by a shiftless individual by the name of Serji-X. In the "MAGNIFICENT SEVEN" his name was Calvera, portrayed by the INCOMPARABLE Eli Wallach... I used Eli as the face of Sergi-X for posterity!

This is where the fight begins. Sergi-X and his gang have been terrorizing the small village for a while, robbing and pillaging. Little do they know that the town is now under the protection of Han and the StarHoppers. As a sub-story a village elder has snuck away in fear that the StarHoppers won't defeat the bandits and that possibly if they do they may take over the village too. His intentions are to enter the sacred caves near by and awaken a fabled Behemoth to protect the villagers. We'll see what happens there in the next issue... perhaps someone should have told grandpa this might not be such a good idea...

That's it for now. I'll post a few more later. Let me know what you all think and thanks for lookin'.
Last edited by XDarthSinisterX on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Re: XDarthSinisterX Presents: A Different Point Of View

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi all. I'm posting some of my newer stuff now. This is a lot of concept art on the Prequels. Being an OT guy this is some stuff I would have liked to have seen.

Well the Prequels came and went and to my already preconceived notion of what had happened in that time period... they kind of fell short. I guess when you have nearly 30 years to concoct your own vision of the Clone Wars it's hard to accept anything else. Even from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

Using some of those "preconceived notions" and mixing in some of the ideas of the "real" PT and other things that have spawned from them I've come up with some visuals that some of you may enjoy. I title this set "If George Lucas Would Have Asked Me First".

The first one here is Jedi Commander (not a General yet) OBI-Wan Kenobi. Here he is seen on Naboo in his Jedi formal Jedi dress uniform after meeting with Queen Amidala about the ever growing threat of invasion by neighboring Mandalore.

At the same time that OBI-Wan is on Naboo an annual event is being held there. The Boonta Eve race through the Naboo system is about to take place. Many high profile racers are in attendance and some up-in-comers as well. Among the up-in-comers is team Skywalker from Tatooine. The team had been winning many smaller races and now felt they were ready for a bigger challenge. The prize money would bring much needed upgrades propelling them into the professional circuit.

Team Skywalker consists of Kit Skywalker, the older brother of the group and his R7 model droid. Anakin Skywalker his younger brother and his R2 model droid. Both of the boys race as a team with Kit being the strongest racer of the two. Anakin, however, is quickly moving up in rank and threatening to surpass his older sibling. The two are sometimes more competitive with each other during a race than with their actual opponents. Their step brother Owen Lars is aged between the two of them. He is the head mechanic and keeps their N-1 Racers in tip-top shape. He also acts as the grounding rod of the group, keep Kit and Anakin as leveled out as possible.

KIT SKYWALKER

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

OWEN LARS

Alrighty then, so in my above post I set up Qui-Gon as the common denominator between Anakin and Obi-Wan. This is how they'll meet, through Qui-Gon Jinn. Both are on Naboo at the same time and both will cross paths when they go to visit their old friend Qui-Gon. With Qui-Gon also being the Uncle of Padme Amidala, he will help connect her and Anakin.

Notice I also established Qui-Gon as Obi-Wan and Anakin's "FRIEND" and not teacher or master. Ben Kenobi clearly stated in the OT that Yoda was his teacher. I think that Qui-Gon may have known Obi-Wan when he was a youngster and watched him grow up. The similarity in the two's name would indicate that they came from the same place, which (in this story) would mean that Obi-Wan is also a native of Naboo. Qui-Gon more than likely recognized Obi's Force perception and encouraged him to become a Jedi.

With Anakin it would have been different. I stated above that Qui-Gon helped Anakin's family out of a bad situation. You can take that however you want. Maybe the Skywalkers were sold into slavery and Qui-Gon shut it down. What ever the back story, Anakin and Kit look up to the aged Jedi as a surrogate father and keep in touch with him. I also think that Qui-Gon is well aware of Anakin's power over the Force. I don't think he has ever formally trained Anakin though. I think he has given him some pointers, some words of wisdom... but nothing concrete. Perhaps Anakin's mother refused to allow her son to pursue the dangerous life of a Jedi.

Qui-Gon owns a small farm on Naboo. This statement banishes the thought process that Jedi can own nothing. This will also apply to star ships, droids and marriage. Qui-Gon has a small herd of shakk that he sells at a local market for meat. The two Gungan that live on the farm are actually Qui-Gon's pets. Gungan are great herders and hunters. Pictured below are Qui-Gon and his Gungan pets back from a forest hunt.

Hope you all like this one!

QUI-GON JINN

This subject is Queen Amidala and while she is a Star Wars character, she's not as fun as some of the others visually.

I knew the direction I wanted to take her was very much the opposite of the original character. With Anakin I had a short laundry list to adhere to. Number one was dark hair color. I wanted to contrast him from Luke who was in the lighter tones. As with Anakin I wanted Amidala to contrast to him and Leia in the opposite direction. A fairer woman was the ticket here. Blonde females seem to be a rarity in the Star Wars universe, so of coarse that's where I wanted to go. The fair Queen of Naboo.

I also felt that in "The Phantom Menace", people had trouble identifying to the character because of her elaborate gowns and make-up. It was interesting, don't get me wrong, but she is a main character so it's important for the audience to understand her. In the OT, Leia was not so elaborate and in keeping with that tradition her gown should be simple but also elegant. I do understand why Queen Amidala was made up so elaborately. The shroud created around her was part tradition and part security. I feel that was an excellent idea so I found another way to achieve this same device. Bear with me here.

Droids..... as you all saw above somewhere, Anakin is the owner of R2. This makes a helluva lot more sense than him owning 3PO. C-3PO is shiny gold, prissy and snooty and seems to long for more creature comforts judging from his complaints about every thing from environment issues to rough space travel. His programing suggests that he was intended to function more as a liaison than a farming droid. What better fit than to Queen Amidala. She is the owner of C-3PO. 3PO serves as an interpreter and servant to the Queen of Naboo. His regal appearance fits right in with the Royal court of Naboo.

Handmaidens... Queen Amidala still has her group of handmaidens, and they still serve the same purpose as they did in the PT. The difference here is that their faces are the ones that are always covered. Only the eyes are visible and their gowns remain the same and do not change with the Queen's ensemble. Historical data states that the Royal Handmaidens are not only the Queens servants but also her protectors. They are chosen and trained at a young age and their identities are hidden to protect their families from harm. This data, however, may not be totally accurate and there is probably more here than 'meets the eye'.

PADME AMIDALA

Up next here I have yet another important core character, one Senator Palpatine. In my Episode I he is a Senator representing Naboo, nothing different there... but the difference here is that:

1. He is also on Naboo. Palpatine is taking time out in his campaign for Supreme Chancellor to make an appearance at the Boonta Eve race. The race is a tradition dating back thousands of years signifying the beginning of the Boonta, Naboo's biggest holiday season.

2. Palpatine is already running for Supreme Chancellor. I'd like to see this established at the very beginning of the film. That way we get more time with him as Chancellor, which I think is very necessary for the story.

3. Appearance and personality. In this Episode I, Palpatine appears older with white hair. His style of dress is that of a rich politician, formal and simple. He wears dark clothing and favors blue which signifies strength, importance and confidence. His personality is strong and he comes off a bit arrogant at times and as most politicians he is secretive and manipulative.

I'd like to add that in the first scenes with Palpatine we become aware that he is on Naboo for other reasons than just Boonta Eve. This is con-vied randomly through whispers and secret conversations, eye contact and hand gestures.

I would also like to run through a list of all the characters on Naboo at the same time. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Queen Amidala and Palpatine. All of this, in my estimation, can be solidly con-vied to the audience in the first 15 minuets of the film... maybe less.

Here we see Senator Palpatine in the Royal Palace in the city of Theed. He is flanked by his personal protocol droid and his Elite Guard.

In case anyone was wondering that Elite Guard has a story of his own. You probably noticed a different but familiar look to the Guard helmet. Most Elite Republic Guards look the same as the "Blue Guards" of Episode III. This helmet signifies a Captain of the Guard. Each planet represented in the Senate supplies it's own 'Captain', all wear blue to show alliance with the Republic but the helmets can vary. This particular 'Captain' has been with Palpatine most of his lifelong career as a politician. Palpatine knew and trusted him and retained his protection as a Senator on Coruscaunt. He is Palpatine's body guard.

He was once a Jedi Knight but decided to leave the order, as some Jedi do, to pursue other endeavors. His name is Mace Windu and it is said that he was very powerful with the Force at the time he left the Jedi.

The droid that can be seen behind Windu is part of his security force. This is a REPUBLIC SECURITY FORCE droid or RSF. These droids have been used by the Republic for thousands of years. They replaced 'living' soldiers and have been protecting the Republic's interests ever since. They are used as common police and soldiers where needed.

I want to say that this droid will vocalize in more of a masculine, authoritative manner when speaking and amongst themselves use a series of clicks and processing sounds.

Some of the droids in service to the Republic are millenia old.

Okay we left off on Naboo with a full cast of characters. Now it’s time to shake them up a little and introduce THE VILLIANS. For me the bad guys were very obvious. We waited between the OT and the PT so many years. We poured over Mr. Lucas’s side notes and prescripts, learning the evolution of the characters we knew from the OT. We looked over concept art and notes from Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnson and again to me it was laid out for all to see. The obvious trouble makers were the Mandalorians.

The war like planet of Mandalore…

They had stayed silent for millennia. A great war had silenced them long ago, but recently (in our tale) a new leader had been elected by the people of Mandalore with promises of restoring the worlds “glory days”. In a mere five years’ time the new ruler had re-expanded the Mandalorian Territory to nearly its original boundaries. All that remained lie over the boarder of the Mid-Rim territories where many systems like Rodia and Naboo resided. These Mid-Rim systems where under the protection of the Galactic Republic and had prospered in the democratic society. The ruler of Mandalore knew that if he were to cross the boundaries of the Galactic Republic it would mean a direct act of war.

It was rumored that the new ruler of Mandalore was a Sith Lord but none knew for sure. The Aristocrat turned ruler was not well known by anyone in the Republic. What was known was the retaking of Mandalorian space was quiet and swift alluding to the fact that there was probably a massive military involved. The Republic was very sensitive to this and had sent a group of Jedi (Obi-Wan) to hold conference with Queen Amidala and assess the situation. With the Republic in the midst of electing a Chancellor the Mandalorian threat had faded into the background of a political circus.

Knowing that the small world of Naboo would never submit to her Mandalorian overlords the order went out for a secret strategic invasion of the planet. Mandalore’s ruler knew the best time to strike was during the Boonta Eve festivities when the entire populace would be distracted. If an invasion army was launched from the other side of the planet to lay siege to military sites while a strategic force of Mandalorian Super Commandos captured the Queen of Naboo and all her secrets would again belong to Mandalore.

Much of the Galaxies Cloning technology came from the Mandalorian Sector. Planets like Mandalore, Kamino and Utapau had been refining the process for eons. Mandalore’s military force was comprised of Clones created from some of her greatest warriors. One of those warriors was Jango Fett. Jango was still alive and at 142 years old was still young enough by Mandalorian terms to command his squad of commandos. The clones in these squads were looked upon by the original template as sons rather than copies. Jango’s squad was chosen to capture the Queen of Naboo and kill her if she refused to submit to Mandalorian rule.

The Fett’s were able to infiltrate the planetary defenses in their Firespray 31 Interceptor and land near the capitol city of Theed. With this, the Royal court was theirs for the taking. These Mandalorian Super Commandos were the most feared among their enemies. Jango Fett knew that he and his boys would make short work of Queen Amidala’s Royal Guard. Jango led the group and was the most experienced and fierce, Indio and Reza were the oldest of the ‘sons’ and are tactical and merciless, Tuco is a little older than Boba he is brutal, Boba is stealthy and quick.

At this point let me just say I think inventing the Zabrak species for Darth Maul was a complete waste of time. To me what called for more energy was creating the look for the Mandalorian species. Now before some of you get mad about that statement I’d like to state that in seeing Darth Maul in TPM I thought, ‘wow, he would make a great Mandalorian. So here are the Fetts (Tuco, Jango and Boba) sans the helmets…

I know, the horns. I thought the same thing at first, can’t fit. But be sure, the original five Fett image is done in layers. I proportionately placed the heads on the bodies first as in the above image. I then placed the helmets over the heads in the first image and they fit with room. So the first image actually has these heads under the buckets.

The Master Mind of this raid is the leader of Mandalore himself Count Dooku. He has been behind the rapid growth of the space sector. Dooku was elected by the people of Mandalore on a platform of change and prosperity. His charisma was so powerful his win was a landslide vote. After one year in office his political opponents had all but disappeared and the Count was able to begin his conquest.

Unknown to the Republic or Jedi alike, Count Dooku is actually the master of a group of Sith Lords that have begun to rise to power under his guidance. Dooku goes by the name of Darth Plaguies when he commands his evil agents to do his bidding. Darth Plaguies has one secret apprentice who is specially trained with techniques known only to Plaguies himself. Darth Maul is his assassin. To coordinate with the invasion of Naboo, Darth Plaguies has instructed Darth Maul to travel to the capitol of the Republic… Coruscant. Here Maul will assassinate the group of candidates running for Chancellor and the Chancellor himself who are all in attendance in the Senate as return votes are read. The only candidate unavailable to attend is Senator Palpatine of Naboo who is present in Holographic form for the vote tally.

So when last we spoke we met the Mandalorians and their esteemed leader Count Dooku. We found out that Dooku is really the Sith Master, Darth Plaguies. We also found out that Plaguies has a secret apprentice named Darth Maul to whom Plaguies has taught many of his secret techniques to. Maul serves his Master as an elite assassin.

But who is Darth Maul a secret from?

Well, everyone but Darth Plaguies for sure, but most importantly the other Sith under his tutelage. That’s right! More Sith. That’s something I was very disappointed in with the Prequels, not enough Sith. Now I know this was done to establish the only two rule and explain why in the OT there was only the Emperor and Darth Vader but I firmly believe that this could have been done differently.

A quick lesson in the FORCE.

Number 1 you will not hear me say Midichlorians ever. Never.
Number 2 The FORCE is with everyone. Even the tree and the rocks… yes even the tree. (In other words, the FORCE is not as rare a power as it was in the Prequels.) I think that all creatures have the FORCE it’s just in different levels and ways. Some may not even know they have a slight control over the FORCE and just chalk it up to “luck” (Mr. Solo). Some have a slightly better control (like politicians) who are able to use it in a “charismatic” sort of way… and even to control. Military leaders who are noted as tactical geniuses on the battlefield. Jedi and Sith have the most control. Leaps and bounds above all others. The thing about it is, is that if no Jedi or Sith detects that one is strong in the FORCE and teaches the ancient techniques one’s powers go un-honed. (Just as if there were no Ben Kenobi in ANH, Luke would have remained a moisture farmer on Tatooine.)
Number 3 no explanation is sometimes the best one. In other words, I was perfectly fine not knowing all of the “details” of this ancient power. It was more fun that way.

Count Dooku had a vast military at his disposal on Mandalore, but it was not enough to defeat the Republic and her numerous systems. He began retaking old Mandalorian territory unprotected by the Republic. Millions of systems fell to kneel before him. Following his own masters teachings he was able to seduce some system leaders into the Sith order.
The first was the easily lured ruler of the Chagri system, Mas Amedda. Amedda had ties to a planet called Geonosis which homed a tremendous droid foundry. For decades Amedda had kept the Geonosians enslaved on their own world creating a droid army for his home planet of Champala. Dooku saw the usefulness in Champala’s grand mechanized military. He promised Amedda more systems to Lord over in return for his help in the coming war. Mas Amedda agreed and became one of Dooku/Plaguies apprentices Darth Tyranus.

Around the same time, Dooku/Plaguies also recruited a General to lead the Champala droid army. The planet Kalee shared the same system as Mandalore. The two planets in close proximity of one another had always been at war in some form or another for millennia. This everlasting conflict had spawned warrior like cultures on both planets. The Kaleesh were extremely brutal warlords and had produced many worthy opponents in the eyes of Mandalore, but none so worthy as the Kaleesh Warlord General Qymaen jai Sheelal.
Dooku met Sheelal in battle and easily defeated the Kaleesh warrior, but instead of killing him he seduced him with the promise of dark power from the teachings of the Sith. Fevered by the thought of such power and prowess in battle Qymaen jai Sheelal agreed to become Plaguies apprentice and High General transforming to Lord Grevious.

Knowing that the Jedi would eventually enter a Galactic War on behalf of the Republic, Plaguies sought to place a spy within the confides of the Order. The spy would supply him with sensitive information and try to keep any Jedi leads under wraps even if it meant assassination. Eeusu Estornii was that Jedi. She had been swayed by Plaguies and became a slave to her own ambition. She was Darth Uhbris.

Mandalore relied on Cloning to supply warriors for their militaries unlike the Republic who saw the practice as barbaric and used droids instead. At that time Utapau supplied Mandalore with her clones. The relationship between the two worlds was always somewhat shaky so in order to insure the high quality and training of the Clone Warriors Dooku/Plaguies installed a leader more sympathetic to his cause. Tion Medon was motivated by wealth and soon became Governess of Utapau. When called upon by her Master she was known as Darth Strega.

Darth Plaguies’ master plan was to destroy the Republic and the Jedi from inside and outside. His own Master had conceived the plan but Plaguies had killed him and taken his place at the head of the table. He took the plan and made it his own. He placed all of the pieces on the game board but one. He needed an agent inside the Republic hierarchy. He finally found this agent in the form of a Senator from Naboo named Palpatine. Decades went by as Senator Palpatine became a well-known and out-spoken leader in his territory. When the election for Supreme Chancellor of the Republic came up Palpatine entered the race. He was assured a win by his Master and once in place Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious would enter the war and run the Republic military defense and the Jedi into oblivion.

Secrets Revealed…

The Three Face of Palpatine

Little did the Master, Darth Plaguies know that there was a Phantom Menace that would soon arise. Plaguies’ Master’s plan was a shroud. The plan was conceived by the Master before him and passed down. Once the plan for revenge was revealed the original teacher disappeared. This teacher was an ancient evil, a Sith Lord who had learned to cheat death and extended his life. With the election of Palpatine to the office of Supreme Chancellor, Plaguies had sealed his own fate… for Palpatine was the architect of the game. He was the ancient Sith Master.

Palpatine had watched the Sith attempt to enact revenge on their enemies time and again. Eventually the Sith would destroy themselves from within. The group would split and a power struggle would ensue leading to more singular descent and eventually extinction. Palpatine saw the solution. The only way to continue Sith rule was to have only two… a Master and an apprentice. This would insure balance and control would be held solely by one Master and one only. Sidious was able to seduce the powerful Jedi Mace Windu to the Dark Side and made him his secret apprentice.

Palpatine/Darth Sidious knew that Darth Plaguies and his elite Sith Lords would soon begin to destroy one another and that the last thing he was expecting was the Republic Forces to fight back. Plaguies assumed Sidious would spread the Republic droid army thin with Jedi Generals leading the troops. He also knew that the battle droids the Republic used were ancient in their own right and would never withstand the Mandalorian Clones or Champala’s IG series battle droids. In order to seize power the Republic’s army would have to be rebuilt, but first Palpatine would tear it down.

After the droid army was all but decimated Palpatine would have to implement a galaxy wide draft for soldiers. He knew the citizens of the great Republic would reject this order so he had a secret Clone Army for the Republic lying in wait. The citizens would have no choice but to accept the clones or send their own people into battle. With the Republic armed with highly trained, living, breathing troops, Mandalore would be blind-sided and a great Clone War would befall.

That's got me caught-up. As I do new images I'll post them here. Thanks everyone.
Last edited by XDarthSinisterX on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
><><DarthSinister><><

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

It was a lot of fun going through those and admiring your artwork... quite a few of these, I had seen before, but not all...

My favorite, I think is this one... Captain Mace Windu... you know, that would make for a really cool design for some royal guards in the new trilogy...

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Of course, I love this one too... excellent work... and Palpatine is by far my favorite character in the saga.

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello Yakifites!

I've got a new one for you.This one is an idea I've had for a long time for sequels to the OT, and with all of the Episode VII news floating around out there I felt like making it in visual form.

Here is the new home base of the Jedi. (I refrain from calling it a temple because I believe a Temple is a place of worship.) When Luke Skywalker had successfully re-built the Jedi Order to a decent size he and his sister Leia Solo decided the best way to keep from repeating the mistakes of the past was to separate the Jedi from politics. Luke wanted to base the Jedi away from Coruscant and began to search for a suitable world. Many possibilities were explored from Endor to Yavin 4 but in the end, for Luke, there was one clear choice... Dagobah. A ground base was established and used for many years until Han Solo convinced his friend Lando Calrissian to help him spearhead a proper Jedi facility. Using his crews and structural engineers from Cloud City, Lando had a base built in the clouds for the re-emerging Jedi Order. A gleaming white city of the Jedi in the moist Dagobah atmosphere was constructed. Years later the city's white facade began to grow an indigenous green moss by way of traveling spores through the thick misty atmosphere giving the exterior an organic lushness.

THE JEDI CITY ON DAGOBAH

><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Howdy all! Hope everyone is doing well.

These are from the PREQUEL PROJECT, of coarse I'm a long way from done with that.

I mentioned that Mas Amedda/Darth Tyranus had a massive droid army. Here are some of the battle droids that make-up that army, among them are IG-81 and IG-86. Amedda used the developing IG line of battle droids. (This also would explain all of the IG junk placed around in the OT)

Another character that should appear in Episode 1 is Tarkin. I imagine him being a questionable military leader that has been in the Palpatine entourage for some time. Behind him are the re-done Republic Battle droids. I like this design much better, it reminds me of 4-LOM.

Above I showed the beginnings of a battle helmet the Jedi may possibly use in battle. I worked it up to this full Jedi Knight armor, only worn on the battle field. Jedi were know for their gleaming white armor on the battle field. It became a symbol of hope for troubled systems under tyrannical rule. I purposefully did this design with stormtroopers in mind. I thought it would be a powerful realization that this is where the Emperor took the design for his legions from. For Palpatine, it would be a final push to fade the memory of the Jedi from the galaxy by demonizing their symbols.

Still fleshing out the militaries of Episode 1. Last time we saw the droid armies of Mas Amedda, this time I've got some Mando Clone troopers.

Inspired by Ralph McQuarrie's original designs, this Clone Trooper is the meat and potatoes of the Mandalorian ground soldiers. These soldiers have been mass produced for several decades and are beginning to show signs of genetic break-down in their skill levels. Soon the genetic pool will be refreshed, but for now the shear numbers of Mandalore's forces will easily cut down the Republic's Battle Droids.

><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Old-old-old stuff! Years ago I used to do what I called "Poorman's Customs" and was also dubbed "Virtual Customs" on RebelScum. This was when I was first learning to manipulate PhotoShop. I started them by creating MARVEL Star Wars characters and once that wound down continued on with other genres. I'm not going to go into any detail on characters, I'm just going to post them. Keep in mind this was about 5 years ago...

Thrawn Trilogy

Rukh

Captain Pellaeon

Joruus CBoath and Clone Luke

Thrawn

><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Dark Lords Of The Sith was a fun series. There are a lot different ones, male and female, and some may recognize a few of these from my Dark Lords comic covers. (in the front side of this thread)
Again heavy emphasis on the old Universal and Hammer Horror stuff.

><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:04 pm

The MARVEL series is where I started this stuff. The first was Jaxxon of coarse...

His girl friend Amaiza was next....

First comic EU characters Crimson Jack and Jolli.

Don Wan Kihotay

Hedji

Jim "The Starkiller Kid" Doshun and Fe-9Q

This stuff is old. Were still many years back. This graphics work was some of my very first, I was just learning. My drive was fueled by the old argument that MARVEL Star Wars was the worst and silly and so on. I always said that was subjective to one's own imagination... which was pretty much the case with most comics of old, especially the 1970s. My goal was and still is to show them in a more realistic light. More in the way I can see them in my head. Those comics based their stories off of all types of things. The Jaxxon story line was a loose re-telling of the "Magnificent Seven". Could it be better? Maybe, but you make it what you want.

In the meantime Han Solo was in a "Magnificent Seven" type situation with Jaxxon and the gang fighting off a Swoop Biker Gang... Let me remind everyone that this was the first look at a Speeder Bike. These stories were out between ANH and TESB, pretty innovative for a dumb MARVEL story. Of coarse in this story line we also see a green 7' rabbit way before Green 7' pigs and a space bikini clad Amaiza before a space bikini clad Leia and an old armor clad Jedi far before the Clone Wars cartoon concept.... and in walks a homage to Godzilla himself... Way before the Zilla Beast from the Clone Wars was conceived.... check em' out...

Serji-X Arrogantus of the Cloud Riders

Warto

Behemoth from the World Below and the Old One

Got a few more. Continuing the MARVEL story line, while Han and the Star Hoppers were battling a Behemoth Luke Skywalker had his own problems. He and the droids had crash landed on a planet called Drexel and found themselves at the mercy of Dragon Lords and Ship dwelling scavengers on this world covered entirely in water...

Dragon Lord and Sea-Dragon

Governor Quarg and Luke Skywalker

Again following the order of the issues we get our first look at a Star Wars bounty hunter. Yeah, I know, Greedo was officially the first but when this was put out no one was calling him a hunter... he was largely considered just one of Jabba's goons nothing more. So before Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckass and even Boba Fett there was Valance and his team of scumbags. The creators of Valance found inspiration in the John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart western "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". They borrowed the idea of the tough guy character portrayed by Lee Marvin and even named the Hunter after Marvin's character. When I did this "poor-man's custom" I decided to give Valance the face of his born inspiration. Here he is with a few of his hench men....

Valance The Hunter

Slssk

And the last two in Valance's gang, Dafi and Fudd are named for the WB characters Daffi Duck and Elmer Fudd. At the time these characters were hot on the heels of Jaxxon and the Star Hoppers and since Jaxxon was inspired by Bugs Bunny what two better to chase him around the galaxy than these guys!

Dafi

Fudd

Issue 17 was a flash-back story. Luke monitors the controls on the Millennium Falcon and while alone in the cockpit he begins to think about his life on Tatooine and his old friends there. This issue explores some of the most mysterious characters in ANH, Luke's friends Biggs, Camie and Fixer. At that time very few knew of this deleted scene and had only known the Biggs character from Luke's mention and the brief scenes from the Death Star Battle.

As a side note the nicely repainted Land Speeder with Camie and Fixer is an image borrowed from Yarder R1bb1t who graciously let me use it at the time. I also did these before the actual Camie and Fixer comic pack was out

Luke Skywalker

Biggs Darklighter

Fixer and Camie

MARVEL comics issues 18 - 23 begins a new story and finds everyone on board the Falcon. Luke is seen doing some Jedi training in this issue and he suddenly falls into a coma like state forcing Han and Leia to quickly try to find medical help. In doing so they run into an Imperial cruiser commanded by Commander Strom who pursues them to a gambling facility called THE WHEEL. (This is in fact the first time since the end of Marvels adaptation of ANH that Imperials are seen.)

THE WHEEL is run by a fella named Simon Greyshade. Greyshade's right hand man is a droid called Master-Com. Master-Com was actually several droids that were patched into The Wheel's main computer. Master-Com was able to control all aspects of The Wheel; the games, security and even life support. If one Master-Com is disabled another would be deployed in it's place. (Simon Greyshade has been mentioned in some publications as Senator Greyshade and the owner of the speeder that Anakin Skywalker borrowed to pursue Zam Wessel in AOTC. The Wheel it's self transcends Marvel comics. It's been seen and referred to in several other non-Marvel stories.)

Our heroes split up to avoid capture and Chewbacca is captured by Wheel security and brought to be an unwilling participant in a Gladiatorial match called The Big Game. Unfortunately his pal Han Solo is also entered into the game and the two will have to meet in combat to the death.

A few more firsts in this set of issues ( again this is all way before TESB came out) issue #18 is called "The Empire Strikes". An alien called a Mandallian Giant was introduced in issue # 19 and has since been seen in other non-Marvel publications. Darth Vader makes his first appearance since the ANH adaptation in isuue# 21. Luke's coma is caused by a telepathic link with another. very powerful Force user... Darth Vader. (way before we knew of their connection)

Commander Strom

Senator Simon Greyshade

Master-Com

Mandallian Giant Bouncer and The Wheel Security Officer

Gladiator Persistant

Gladiator Ace

Gladiator Big Bruiser

Gladiator Living Windmill

Gladiator Tyluun Night Soarer

Star Wars issue #24 was a stand alone story and the first of it's kind. It told a story about Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Clone Wars. This was a Prequel story before the Prequels and as far as I know the very first.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars issue #25 Luke and Leia find themselves back on Yavin where they discover a mining facility that is a front for the Empire.

Luke Skywalker

Star Wars issue #28 Gives us our first look at Jabba the Hutt thanks to a case of mistaken identity reported in FAMOUS MONSTERS magazine. The Magazine showed a photo of Mosep with the caption labeling him as Jabba. I still have that Mag. Wookipiedia has since corrected the error by explaining that Mosep was simply posing as Jabba.

Jabba The Hutt

And in issue #30 Princess Leia finds herself in peril on an undercover mission to Metalorn.

Princess Leia in Metalorn Disguise

Okay True Believers, way back in issue 25 we begin to hear about the Tagge Family or House of Tagge. This is the same relation as General Tagge from the Death Star Briefing Room. For quiete a few issues we're introduced to them one by one, the first being Baron Orman Tagge who is head of the family. Baron Tagge has for some time been trying to become more valuable in the Emperor's eyes than Darth Vader. His Blindness was caused by Vader in a duel. The Baron was created as an adversary to Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker and the character ended up transcending to other media outside of MARVEL. One thing he was known for was designing the L8-L9 Battle Droids (from the Legacy BAD line) around the time of the Clone Wars.

Baron Orman Tagge

His siblings were just as wicked, including his brother Scientist Silas Tagge. The two were close in age and often quarreled.

Silas Tagge

Ulric Tagge was the youngest brother.

Ulric Tagge

Sister Domina was another red head in Luke Skywalkers life and although a Priestess in a religious order was shifty and untrustworthy. She pitted Vader and Luke in a duel to further the career of her brother Orman.

Domina Tagge

ISSUE # 38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands down one of the most surprising and best Star Wars comics that MARVEL ever put out. That's thanks mainly to guest Artist Michael Golden!

What was the surprise you ask? The answer: in issue #37, it was advertised at the end of the story that the next comic would be the adaptation of "The Empire Strikes Back"!
That meant that the next issue, issue #38, would be on sale a mere 7 days after the actual premier of the film in 1980. Children's hearts leaped from their chests in excitement including mine! But when the issue finally arrived in shops around the US the story was NOT the one promised a month before.

Disappointment began to loom but when the pages were turned they revealed an astonishing story with amazing art work! The story was a stand alone that had nothing to do with the story-line that fans had been following. It featured Luke and Leia and was very different from the "Fantasy" type Star Wars feel, it was more "Science Fiction". The art was the real clincher though! Drawn by the very talented Michael Golden (who I followed in MARVEL's Micronauts), this was the best Star Wars art any had seen in a comic at the time.

The story, "Riders Of The Void" sees Luke and Leia attacked by an Imperial Star Destroyer while on a medical supply run for the Rebellion. When making the jump to light speed the damaged ship malfunctions and Luke and Leia end up outside of the Galaxy in the starless Void between Galaxies. They soon encounter a strange massive organic ship that swallows them up. Inside the ship begins to play a dangerous game with our heroes until Luke and Leia trigger emotion in it's programing and awaken a strange consciousness within.

The two make their way to the bridge where they find a single ancient pilot controlling the ship. The pilot tells them he fought in the last battle of a massive war. When he returned to his home world the enemy had detonated a viral bomb annihilating the entire population. The pilot fled from the virus, which engulfed his Galaxy, far into the void where over time he and the ship became one single being.

Some fans suspect that the events mentioned in that issue should be retroactively considered the earliest appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong and the first mention of the Cremlevian War, but as of yet, no later source has connected those two together.

If you read any issue of MARVEL Star Wars make it this one.

Rider Of The Void and Bio Mechanical Droid

More to come!
><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm gonna skip ahead past 'TESB' to ISSUE# 46 'The Dreams of Cody Sunn-Childe. This is right after 'TESB' so we catch a ride with Lando and Chewbacca who are on there way to rescue Han Solo. They incur a Hyperdrive malfunction which leaves them stranded in another dimension. Here they find a once great Rebel hero who had gone missing. Turns out Cody Sunn-Childe had found a porthole into the other-worldly dimension and discovered an incredible mental power and became somewhat god like. That fact certainly doesn't help the Imperial Destroyers that happen in also and begin to attack Sunn-Childs city. Odd little story but fun MARVEL stuff just the same.

Cody Sunn-Childe

Up again a few issues to #49 'The Last Jedi'. Luke and Leia are on a mission to find a Prince of a world doomed under his younger brother's rule. The Prince crashed on a jungle world where he and his friend are the sole survivors. His friend Jedidiah was once to be a Jedi but refused. Unfortunately Jedidiah suffered sever head trauma from the crash and addle-brained. A whole lot of intrigue takes place after the Prince is returned home and Luke and Leia are right in the middle of it. In a terrible twist Luke gets tied up in a LightSaber battle with one of the baddies and from a far another attempts an assassinate our hero. Just when it looks really bad for poor Luke, Jedidiah has a moment of clarity and speaks to the Force. At that moment he knows what to do and foils the assassination but sadly looses his life in the process.

Jedidiah

><><DarthSinister><><

XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Skipping ahead again to Issue#53 "The Last Gift From Alderaan!" and #54 "Starfire Rising" we meet an Imperial General Sk'ar. This was the first alien that we see as an Imperial Officer. The story, which is started in issue 53 was a recycled story. The art work was used from the newly canceled "John Carter Warlord Of Mars" series and Marvel felt the art was something that they didn't want to scrap so they had the regular Star Wars artists modify the work and create a story... issue #53 is that story.

Still set in between TESB and ROTJ Leia is captured by the giant alien Imperial General Sk'ar who threatens the planet Shiva IV with an anti-matter bomb. As many of MARVEL's Star Wars stories the alien species were not identified and for many years General Sk'ar went on as a nameless species until fleshed out in the Hyperspace publication Aliens in the Empire, which gave his full name and retconned him as a Kaleesh. He was later referenced in the Wizards of the Coast sourcebook Galaxy at War in 2009.

General Sk'ar

><><DarthSinister><><

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 pm

I just spent quite a bit of time scrolling through and enjoying all these amazing renditions. Talk about some creative concepts, I'd love to see so many of these realized in plastic!

Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:40 am

Great to see these (again). I agree with you, Rider of the Void is one helluva story and the artwork is sublime.
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
XDarthSinisterX
Midi-Chlorian

Postby XDarthSinisterX » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:21 pm

MARVEL comics issues #58, 59 & 61 featured an oddball character that I found somewhat entertaining.
ORION FERRET was an unscrupulous telepathic weapons trader who plied his wares aboard the commercial merchant station Bazarre during the time of the Galactic Civil War. He crossed paths with Lando Calrissian on more than one occasion.
He was a tall, slender, middle-aged Human male. He had thin, graying hair and a gaunt, narrow face. While operating on Bazarre, Orion traditionally dressed in black formal attire, with a red bowtie and white dress shirt. Thick red buttons, and large heart-shaped sequins adorned the lapels of his jacket.
Orion Ferret owned a small squid-like animal, which he kept as a pet. This diminutive green creature could frequently be seen resting on Orion's shoulder or climbing about his head and neck.

ORION FERRET

MARVEL Star Wars Issue #67 we see Artoo, C-3P0 and Chewbacca confronting "The Darker". The Darker was a creature made of pure dark energy by an ancient civilization and trapped by the same ancients behind a force field. It attempts to use Artoo to escape the force field but doesn't count on C-3P0 saving the day.

The Darker

In Issue #68 "The Search Begins" our heroes split up in order to find Boba Fett and rescue Han Solo. Leia and C-3P0 find themselves on Mandalore in their quest which was the last known sighting of Dengar. They find a Mandalorian Commando named Fenn Shysa instead and assist him in freeing some of his people from slavers. Shysa then tells Leia of his role in the Clone Wars, claiming that he fought for the Empire, was led into battle by Boba Fett, and even became acquainted with Leia during briefing missions. Shysa finishes his tale by telling Leia that of all the Mandalorian Protectors, only three survived, his commander, his childhood friend, Tobbi Dala, and himself.

Leia finds out that Shysa has Dengar held captive awaiting a prisoner exchange with the Empire for his friend Dala. Desperate for information leading to Fett and ultimately Han, Leia releases Dengar and helps him escape but the Empire isn't far behind.

Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala

><><DarthSinister><><

The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm

I love your art, especially the classic film stars you're including in them.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!

Return to “Fan Art”