Image Image Image Image Image

Droids and Ewoks poll over at Rebelscum

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

darth_sidious
Emperor

Droids and Ewoks poll over at Rebelscum

Postby darth_sidious » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Attention all you Droids and Ewoks fans, I asked Rebelscum to run a poll to gage fan interest in seeing the complete Droids and Ewoks cartoon series on Blu Ray / DVD, be sure to stop by and submit your vote - I'll be sending Lucasfilm the results as a petition to get them released!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Pr ... 141715.asp
The Professor
Forum Admin

Re: Droids and Ewoks poll over at Rebelscum

Postby The Professor » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Voted with a definitive YES!
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 am

Thanks for your support Professor!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:28 am

An Admin is still working on a glitch that is telling some people that they voted already when following the previous link I provided. People have reported better success by voting on the front page of www.Rebelscum.com - simply look for the "Probe Droid Poll' on the right side of the front page and click on your choice. Thanks to all those who voted in favor of the release already - your support is appreciated!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 pm

The results are in:

Since you've no doubt worked your way through the Star Wars Saga and season 3 The Clone Wars Blu-ray sets, the Probe Droid wants to know if you'd be interested in seeing the 1985 Droids and Ewoks cartoons come to DVD or Blu-Ray?

=====

Answers
Count
Percentage

=====

Heck yes! I'd get the Blu-Rays in a New York Minute.
40%

I'm all over the DVD release. Make it happen!
19%

The cartoons were before my time, but I'm interested...
9%

Maybe. Depends on the packaging.
4%

Seriously? Those shows were awful. No thanks.
28%

Total
100%

=====

Thats a combined 68% of voters, and a significant majority that want to see either a BluRay or DVD release, which represents 782 fans! Thanks to everyone that voted - the results are on the way to Lucasfilm!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm

After the mention at Celebration VI, I would urge all fans to contact Lucasfilm directly, and not only mention your desire to see a Blu Ray / DVD release, but also a desire for them to be available online, as they discussed. The more people that contact them, the better. Let them know that Droids and Ewoks fans have been patiently awaiting this release!

http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/faq/
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

What did they mention at Celebration?
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
blackhole
Midi-Chlorian

Postby blackhole » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:39 am

First post here. I'm a huge fan of the '80's Droids/Ewoks cartoon, and am extremely disappointed that they've never gotten a comprehensive physical home video release. Here's hoping that Lflm./Disney will release these on DVD/Blu-ray at some point, but I doubt it will happen.

It's just disheartening to see all of the crap that hits DVD/Blu, but yet these two great shows will probably never see the light of day.

I hope that at the least, Lflm./Disney cleans up the prints & releases them for streaming - but, I don't know if that will ever happen, either.
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:51 am

I would love for the Ewok movies to get a blu-ray release as well. All of those are no brainer buys for me, kind of frustrating that they have not released these yet.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Good to see more fans discussing this subject - I'm surprised Disney / LFL never bothered to release the complete seasons for both Droids and Ewoks, you'd think with how popular Star Wars and retro cartoons are that these would have some demand. Years ago they mentioned remastering them, shame they wouldn't want to show the effort they spent to the fans. As for the Ewoks movies, I'd happily buy those again on BR, and hopefully we'd get some bonus material.

Again though, I'd urge anyone interested in these to contact LFL directly with an email, asking for their release.
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:59 pm

At this point I am really not sure what they are waiting for, they have to know fans want them. It's just a matter of waiting I guess.

Return to “The Expanded Universe”