Image Image Image Image Image

How come there are no CGI Star Wars movies???

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

stroebel83
Teras Kasi

How come there are no CGI Star Wars movies???

Postby stroebel83 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:12 am

I was wondering why Lucasfilms has never tapped into the CGI aspect of films. When you look at final fantasy or resident evil or any CGI movie games or games based on movies they look phenomenal and if they are a well established franchise they usually do well. Wouldn't that be a super cheap route to put EU films and movies out there? Films based on the Thrawn series or Shadows or even some of the newer KOTOR or Legacy stories. Is this just off limits for Lucas? I realize Clone Wars is CGI but I am thinking more of an adult genre that isn't aimed at kids. I think that this type of film would be successful, and lets face it Lucas has done riskier things with Ewoks and star wars Christmas special. Anyone else ever think about this?
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Re: How come there are no CGI Star Wars movies???

Postby stroebel83 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:18 am

I meant aside from Clone wars
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Thu May 20, 2010 9:07 am

Ep 2 and 3 might as well have been CGI movies since barely anything was real ;-).
Updated Mon-Fri every week
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

me and my friends had the same discussion about a year ago when the cgi resident evil came out...neither we could find a straight awnser. it would rock tough. the best thing is that they dont even have to mess with the history any more, there are several best selling novels with good and satisfying historys, like the ones from Thimoty Zahn...no more stupid comic reliefs like jar jar
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:40 am

I have seen the latest cinematic trailer of The old republic...come on! wake up call!!!! we want to see Heir to the empire, dark force rising and the last comand in this kind of cgi animation....Im shure that it would be awesome!
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 am

A purely CGI movie would be really cool, I'd love to see TFU as a movie, covering all the material from the game and the book. Lucasfilm should really look into something like this - they could even be released as made-for-tv movies and could potentially work better than a live action series.
goalieman0820
Scavenger

Postby goalieman0820 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm

I would love to see any Timothy Zahn books in CGI movies. However, it would be tough to do justice to the books with a movie. So many aspects in books just can't be incorporated into movies such as what characters are thinking and whatnot. Needless to say, a CGI movie based on a book would not only be a hit, it would also create more interest in the books.
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby darthmadonna » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:22 pm

My friends and I have discussed this for a few years now. I would really enjoy this too. I would like an Old republic movie or scratch that something along Dark Horse's Tales of the Jedi. As cool as TOR trailers look I can not get over that several thousand years before Star Wars everything is pretty much the same with clones, droidekas, and obvious wannabe R2 Units. As Sidious mentioned I'd love a Force Unleashed movie, maybe they can make up for the short mess TFU2 was.

Return to “The Expanded Universe”