Image Image Image Image Image

TLC Battle Pack: Disturbance at Lars Homestead

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

DarthDelicious
Scavenger

Postby DarthDelicious » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

They should have thrown a Dewback and a new Sandtrooper rider with hip articulation in there. Then it might have justified the hefty price tag.

Lance: I'll let you know when the cast is done, my friend!

-DD
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:30 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Figures are $7-$8 these days, so maybe look at it as $21 - $24 worth of figures (though one of them really sucks) and $26 - #29 for the dome, base, vaporator and womp rat.

My local collecting buddy, Darth Stringfield, picked it up as well, and loves it. I guess that's two of us against the world. :lol:

:wink:

Yeah, but a ten year old Owen and Beru figure wouldn't even fetch you $3 on the secondary market. They're practically worthless.

And a TAC Stormie - that's worth $5 or $6 at best at this point.

Womprat? I'd pay $4 for it.

There's so much they COULD have done to make this set great. Throw in the landspeeder.

Or maybe the treadwell and LIN droids. Or the Dewback. Or 2 more Sandtroopers.

Cheap, cheap, CHEAP!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:30 pm

DarthDelicious wrote:They should have thrown a Dewback and a new Sandtrooper rider with hip articulation in there. Then it might have justified the hefty price tag.

-DD

Wow! Let me know what you'd charge!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:
DarthDelicious wrote:They should have thrown a Dewback and a new Sandtrooper rider with hip articulation in there. Then it might have justified the hefty price tag.

-DD

Wow! Let me know what you'd charge!

$50.00. :lol:

TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Hey I have a way that we can all get a few bucks off of this thing. My wife works at Babies R Us and she told me today that they are handing out coupons for 20% off any item. You have to pick the coupon up before the 18th of this month and you can start to use them on the 19th. So if u have not picked this bad boy up yet you can wait a few more days and stop by a Babies R Us and pick up the 20% off coupon and take it over to Toys R Us to score the homestead. This is my diabolical plan :twisted:
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:45 pm

dropped my 50$ + tax for this bad boy today, I like it... well, I like the dome. The rest is crap, but the dome rocks. It's bigger than I thought it would be somehow. The base is garbage, I feel like throwing it away with the rest of the plastic used to pack this sucker. The womp rat, mehhhh. I just bought it to do my part to encourage more stuff like this you know.
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 pm

I found this again in the store today. Picked it up, walked to the front....then put it back.

I just can't pull the trigger. If I can find that 20% coupon, then great.

But right now....I am still unconvinced.

I've spent a LOT of money on toys over the past years. An obscene amount, really. And I've overpaid for a lot of items that I felt I "had to" have.

But I've never really felt like I got "ripped off" before. Sure, I've bought expensive things, but things that I always felt, on some level, were "worth it."

In this case, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm being gypped in a major way. Yeah, I want the dome, but I feel really taken advantage of.

So, on the shelf it sits....for now.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:13 am

TradeFederationSympathy wrote:Hey I have a way that we can all get a few bucks off of this thing. My wife works at Babies R Us and she told me today that they are handing out coupons for 20% off any item. You have to pick the coupon up before the 18th of this month and you can start to use them on the 19th. So if u have not picked this bad boy up yet you can wait a few more days and stop by a Babies R Us and pick up the 20% off coupon and take it over to Toys R Us to score the homestead. This is my diabolical plan :twisted:

Oohh... might need to try and grab one of those for another AT-TE...

JediLjf
Moisture Farmer

Postby JediLjf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:05 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:
TradeFederationSympathy wrote:Hey I have a way that we can all get a few bucks off of this thing. My wife works at Babies R Us and she told me today that they are handing out coupons for 20% off any item. You have to pick the coupon up before the 18th of this month and you can start to use them on the 19th. So if u have not picked this bad boy up yet you can wait a few more days and stop by a Babies R Us and pick up the 20% off coupon and take it over to Toys R Us to score the homestead. This is my diabolical plan :twisted:

Oohh... might need to try and grab one of those for another AT-TE...

I might tell my Mum about this, this'll be my only way of getting the AT-TE. Do you just got to Babies R Us and just ask for a coupon?

- JediLjf.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:14 am

Ljf that coupon is only available in the US, but you'll be glad to know the AT TE in UK TRU's has £20 off at the moment making it £79.99.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
JediLjf
Moisture Farmer

Postby JediLjf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:41 pm

That's good to hear! Thanks. ;)

ARGH! I'm in utter outrage. This stupid playset. Who'd have thought the Lars Homestead would send the Padmé Lars Homestead figure skyrocketing in price? I was looking around for that Padmé not too long ago, I went to buy one of eBay tonight and they've soared in price and are in little quantity. I'm guessing because of this playset.

- JediLjf.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 pm

That does suck... that figure has been kinda pricey for a while though, I believe.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Odd if it has gone up, normally if something is re-released the price of the original drops on Ebay.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
JediLjf
Moisture Farmer

Postby JediLjf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 am

Paulskywalker wrote:Odd if it has gone up, normally if something is re-released the price of the original drops on Ebay.

Nono, The Lars Homestead has become available. Thus the Padmé at Lars Homestead figure has gone up in price. People will be buying that Padmé to use in dioramas and stuff.

- JediLjf.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

Oh sorry my mistake i thought we were talking about the Beru figure! :oops:

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”