Image Image Image Image Image

Legacy Vehicle: Millennium Falcon "BMF"

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Legacy Vehicle: Millennium Falcon "BMF"

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 am

A Falcon question from Sirsteves, In politics "No comment" means it's true! and this answer smacks of it's true!

SSG: While it's our site policy to avoid rumors, our readers have been wound up a bit on this one so they demanded we ask.... It seems like there was a lot of hype and rumor about a new Millennium Falcon vehicle for the main line, including the leak of a Target DCPI number that came with the AT-TE - which Hasbro is indeed materializing. There was a lot of expectation that Hasbro would unveil both the AT-TE and this new Millennium Falcon at Toy Fair, and while the former appeared, the latter did not, so might you comment on these Falcon rumors at all? If nothing else, a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of collector tension.

Hasbro: We have no comment on anything to do with a Millenium Falcon item, other than to say that it is not our policy to comment on certain rumors especially as they pertain to items that may appear in the Target (or any other retailer's) computers. Often, there is a reason for this secrecy because some items may be part of that retailers promotional tactics such as the Ultimate Battle Packs at Target. Whether or not there is another such concept in development will not be commented upon for this reason.

==================================

http://jedinews.co.uk/

Millenium Falcon Pre-Order and Details!

The folks at Play.com have the new unconfirmed Millenium Falcon available for preorder for £139.99 with a due date at the end of August.

Meanwhile, we've got an e-mail with an attachment from what looks like a Hasbro catalogue with details of the ship (no picture though - just the new TLC Star Wars logo and the words 'Top Secret') and that it will include Han Solo and Chewbacca amongst lights, voice sounds (lifted directly from the film) and much more... thanks for the information whoever you are!

We've not posted the picture as we can't get any confirmation from Hasbro at the moment, it being Easter Friday - when we do, and if we're allowed, we'll post the image.

==================================

And here is the blah blah from the page on Play.com.
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... 25274f2570>

Specifications

Product image will appear soon

Description

Blasting out of Mos Eisley the Millennium Falcon, a legendary starship, has factored into some of the Rebel Alliance's greatest victories over the Empire. Fantastic new version of a great classic designed by the man behind the very first ever Kenner Millennium Falcon. This will be a must for collectors of all ages. More info to follow soon.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:32 am

It certainly does sound like this is going to become a reality, doesn't it!

Hasbro said something in another Q&A, I believe that 2009 would have a nice OT focus, so maybe we're looking at a late 2008 release or early 2009?

:wink:
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:57 pm

According to play.com the release date is 31/08/2008
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:51 pm

i just don't know on this one. i'm sure it has alot of the cool features that the at-te has but i'm just not sure i need another falcon. i'm sure it will run $100 as well. i guess we will see if it's something that i just have to have though. lol.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:55 pm

If this is all true as it looking to be, i bet you change your mind when you see it Theo.
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Does this mean the Falcon's finally gonna be in scale with the figures?

By the way Paul, I spotted some 2008 figures here in Holland voor just under 10 euros..... that's friggin' 15 bucks!!! :shock:
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:26 pm

God you have it worse, sorry mate.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:06 pm

After seeing what we're getting out of the AT-TE for $100.00, I have a very good feeling about a new Falcon.

I think what we're going to see is going to absolutely blow us away. I'm thinking it will be about twice as big as the original, and be the most oustanding toy ever made in the 3-3/4" line.

Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:23 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:After seeing what we're getting out of the AT-TE for $100.00, I have a very good feeling about a new Falcon.

I think what we're going to see is going to absolutely blow us away. I'm thinking it will be about twice as big as the original, and be the most oustanding toy ever made in the 3-3/4" line.

Either that or the biggest lemon ever made in the 3-3/4" line :) I think the people there are fans enough to have ensured the former though :)

Remember back when us old'timers were kids and there was that G.I.Joe aircraft carrier, sold for 100$? In today money that has to be 150$ if not 200$! A friend of mine got it for xmas, I used to go over to his house all the time to play with it, awesome. There was also that shuttle launcher complex but by the time that came out my father had banned me from further playing with toys hehe, too old.
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:44 pm

I hope the entire saucer top and cockpit comes off to reveal the play area.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Ah, the USS Flagg. What a playset! I couldn't even imagine if we got something like that... wow. Maybe a Coruscant airstrip, with a building or two, and a huge area for troops to battle it out. Wow.

I did have the huge Joe shuttle and the terror drome as a kid. Man I tore those to hell though.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Ah, the USS Flagg. What a playset! I couldn't even imagine if we got something like that... wow. Maybe a Coruscant airstrip, with a building or two, and a huge area for troops to battle it out. Wow.

You know what the equivalent the destroyer loading platform.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:I hope the entire saucer top and cockpit comes off to reveal the play area.

Oh definitely, AND the cockpit has to be to scale, that is be able to accommodate the two pilots with plenty of space between them as well as a peanut gallery behind them. Also the corridor where Han plants one on Leia only to be rudely interrupted by a meddling threepio. It'd be nice to have a built-in dejarik table with all the seating, maybe with some electronics to light up the board. At least one full size gunner station is necessary as well. Also need the chair where Han sits as he expresses his skepticism about the Force and room enough for Luke to do his training. There should also be the cargo space with removable panels to hide in, as well as the electronics compartment with the toolbox that falls on Han's head. And how about a little bed for a beat up Luke. And a hatch with an elevator. And it should be able to do my laundry and walk my dog as well.

Too much to ask? :) Wow this thing has the potential to be really amazing!
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:05 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Ah, the USS Flagg. What a playset! I couldn't even imagine if we got something like that... wow. Maybe a Coruscant airstrip, with a building or two, and a huge area for troops to battle it out. Wow.

I did have the huge Joe shuttle and the terror drome as a kid. Man I tore those to hell though.

I had the GIJoe headquarters, with the little prison and the helicopter pad and everything :)

If they ever take a leap of faith like the one that had to be taken to make the USS Flag though, I'd like to see a Star Destroyer (the Executor.) The famous bridge with the pit and the giant windows, Vader's chamber, hologram room, and then some features from the venator class starships from ROTS such as a hangar and a cannon room.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Kikinou don't forget the rarely talked about hull cannon that you see on hoth.

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”