Image Image Image Image Image

2009 Legacy Wave 8: The Phantom Menace

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: 2009 Legacy Wave 8: The Phantom Menace

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:21 pm

It would be nice to see Luke get some of that love in 2010... I think we're on the way with the Snowspeeder version along with the ANH in the battle pack that's coming out.

I'd love to see them tweak the X-Wing pilot version of him some, the Stormtrooper version to be a proper height, an all new Hoth version, Dagobah, and finally a definitive ROTJ version (the new one is better than past attempts but still not quite there).

:wink:
DarthFett
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthFett » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:37 am

I heard people has found this TPM wave at Rite-Aid,do they get new updated figures now?. I got there before the retail of TPM to see if they had any SW figures and they had two CW's and one 30 Anniversary vader. I never found the TPM wave in NC,only found the holo dude with the chair and Darth Maul Shirtless.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:21 am

Target has been getting the TPM wave shipments quite regularly. You'd have better luck finding them there I suspect.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
DarthFett
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthFett » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:02 pm

I hope so,do you mean that there still shipping now?. I really want that new obi wan.
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Postby stroebel83 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:10 pm

DarthFett wrote:I heard people has found this TPM wave at Rite-Aid,do they get new updated figures now?. I got there before the retail of TPM to see if they had any SW figures and they had two CW's and one 30 Anniversary vader. I never found the TPM wave in NC,only found the holo dude with the chair and Darth Maul Shirtless.

what part of nc are you in I am in fayetteville spring lake area and remember seeing them pretty regularly, but I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I see them again in my parts if that helps
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
DarthFett
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthFett » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:30 am

stroebel83 wrote:
DarthFett wrote:I heard people has found this TPM wave at Rite-Aid,do they get new updated figures now?. I got there before the retail of TPM to see if they had any SW figures and they had two CW's and one 30 Anniversary vader. I never found the TPM wave in NC,only found the holo dude with the chair and Darth Maul Shirtless.

what part of nc are you in I am in fayetteville spring lake area and remember seeing them pretty regularly, but I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I see them again in my parts if that helps

greensboro-thomasville area. And thanks man,I really need those TPM wave.
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Rite-aid wants $12 a figure here.

Im about to give up and just order full cases of waves from EE
DarthFett
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthFett » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:28 am

StooperZero wrote:Rite-aid wants $12 a figure here.

Im about to give up and just order full cases of waves from EE

Yea,There pretty high. I don't have the money for the whole case tho.
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby Diddly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Been opening a few waves of figures from 09 that for some reason I never opened when I bought them, and this wave is one of them. Although I only saw this wave once, never saw Rum Sleg, and I'm still missing the Podracer guy too. Obi-Wan is awesome, and I'll echo CHEWIE's earlier comments about it being better than the AOTC version. The Gungan Warrior is another "best of 09" figure, and now they have no excuse to NOT make an SA Jar Jar since they have a Gungan sculpt. The rest of the wave, however, kinda sucks. Holo Sidious is just awkward. Amidala is basically a statue, which is tolerable, but her articulated portions suck. Topless Maul is okay but not great.

Still want to pick up the Rum Sleg and at least get the Podracer guy's part to finish L8-L9. And I want one or two more Gungan Warriors, but Hasbro's distribution sucks so I'm probably gonna have to hit up the internet.
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Postby stroebel83 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 am

Diddly wrote:Been opening a few waves of figures from 09 that for some reason I never opened when I bought them, and this wave is one of them. Although I only saw this wave once, never saw Rum Sleg, and I'm still missing the Podracer guy too. Obi-Wan is awesome, and I'll echo CHEWIE's earlier comments about it being better than the AOTC version. The Gungan Warrior is another "best of 09" figure, and now they have no excuse to NOT make an SA Jar Jar since they have a Gungan sculpt. The rest of the wave, however, kinda sucks. Holo Sidious is just awkward. Amidala is basically a statue, which is tolerable, but her articulated portions suck. Topless Maul is okay but not great.

Still want to pick up the Rum Sleg and at least get the Podracer guy's part to finish L8-L9. And I want one or two more Gungan Warriors, but Hasbro's distribution sucks so I'm probably gonna have to hit up the internet.

I wasn't a fan of the maul and to add insult to injury mine was missing the the right hand
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
DarthFett
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthFett » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 am

Found one TPM figure and that was the Obi-Wan which I am *very* happy to find him. The shelf was nearly empty with the TPM obi-wan and a few other figures was just sitting there. Btw,Got it at K-Mart in Thomasvile,NC for 8.49$...It was 8.99...what a bargain, :roll: .
LadyIrithyl
Nerf Herder

Postby LadyIrithyl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

So I just got Obi-wan from this wave. He came with my EU case.

Overal he is a great figure. Great head sculpt. and when he's standing beside his AOTC and ROTS counterparts, its awesome.

I just need to get a good Qui-Gonn, as I was shocked to discover I have none!!

My only complaint is he doesn't have ball jointed hips. His stupid swivel ones are a pain. I guess I got spoiled with the AOTC and ROTS ball jointed hips. I think I might grab another figure to fix his hip problem. (He's not an old man yet)
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby Diddly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Finally found a second Gungan Warrior yesterday and picked it up, putting me at 2. Officially done with this wave even though I never picked up Clegg Holdfast. Need to track down that last L8-L9 part now.

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”