Yeah, Hasbro doesn't seem to think there's a market for nice accessories, or at least not one big enough to make it worth their while. I think might be mistaken and the community would be thrilled to see them create some "environment accessory sets" - however, I do have a feeling that a lot of people would think they're cool but would wait for them to go on clearance, hence maybe ending a good thing rather quickly.
I'm guessing though, there *might* be a successful way to go about this and that's to put them in the deluxe line with CORE CHARACTERS and CLASSIC ARMY BUILDERS that both kids and collectors want, and mix in a small vehicle or two.
I think this could work great for the new vintage line... Here's my suggestion:
- VOTC Han Solo w/ Falcon chair and computer console (give Han second set of alternate forearms w/gloves)
- VOTC Darth Vader w/ circular Death Star computer console (Vader would need ball jointed elbows)
- VOTC Princess Leia w/ circular Yavin IV computer console (Leia would need ball jointed elbows)
- VOTC Snowtrooper w/ NEW E-Web Cannon
- VOTC Scout Trooper w/ NEW Speederbike
- NEW Admiral Ackbar w/ Home One command chair
- NEW Aunt Beru w/ NEW Uncle Owen & moisture vaporator
That way, Hasbro's pushing out a few new figures for us and they can also recirculate popular existing molds (little investment there) and also give us some collector aimed accessories at the same time... they're also throwing in something interesting for the kiddos as well.
Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing?