Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
[url]Jedinews.co.uk[/url]

3. The "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack has been very hard to find at retail or even on eBay. Please can you confirm if this Battle Pack will be re-released in the new Red\White packaging and if so, when? Also, how do you decide on which Battle Packs to re-release?

The Scramble Pack is one pack that has bucked the trend of the collector slowdown, and interest in this pack has remained high. Still, our focus on Battle Packs has shifted primarily to kids and we will not be re-releasing this one in the red/white line look. At this point any re-release looks unlikely since the package size of Battle Packs will change for Fall next year.

:(
By Darth Kikinou
Well there you go, they're focusing on the kid market now, they've finally come out and said so in no uncertain terms.

Hey, whatever it takes to raise the stock price by a penny right? That trumps everything right? To hell with the customers.
By YAK_Jayson
Paulskywalker wrote:Still, our focus on Battle Packs has shifted primarily to kids and we will not be re-releasing this one in the red/white line look. At this point any re-release looks unlikely since the package size of Battle Packs will change for Fall next year.

:(

Darth Kikinou wrote:Well there you go, they're focusing on the kid market now, they've finally come out and said so in no uncertain terms.

Hey, whatever it takes to raise the stock price by a penny right? That trumps everything right? To hell with the customers.

This isn't anything we didn't already know so I'm not at all surprised by this answer. We've been told on several occasions that the BPs were moving toward more of a repack/gift pack type format versus offering anything really "new". This pull back from focusing on collectors, while disheartening, sure makes it easier to save a penny or two were I/we can. I believe there is still a lot of juice left in Hasbro's tank as far as getting us new and good product, it's just going to be spread out over a longer time frame. Undoubtedly, some collectors will be lost along the way, but they'll also undoubtedly be replaced by new collectors that are indoctrinated into SW collecting through the continued success of the CW and any new ventures LFL releases in the coming years.
By Paulskywalker
It was more of an observation that the won't be a second chance exclusive of the Yavin BP, or first chance if you live else where.
By Darth Kikinou
I'm surprised they're not claiming the opposite since these are packed in the same case as the Jabba set. The Jabba set is piling up EVERYWHERE. Surprising they didn't say the Jabba wasn't selling out like hotcakes while the scramble set is piling up.
By Grimace
how stupid that this wont be back on the shelves

Oh look, something sold rather well! Let's make sure that doesn't happen again.

what other explanation could there be?
Luke5232 wrote:Guess what guys? This pack is back (2011, March I think). Well, it's back with the parts we care most about. :D

Well not back 100% only half, and it's great or bad depending on what you wanted from the original pack. Lots of people really want the droid and Red Leader, so my take is that they will eventually release the other half as a 2-pack (TRU exclusive for sure) next year along with the battle over Endor pilot packs.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]