Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Gold star for Diddly. I dug my VOTC Ben out of mothballs and they are indeed the same torso.

JediLjf, PM me your address. You have a FREE TLC Obi-Wan coming your way.
By YAK_Chewie
That torso is the kind of thing a customizer like me was pissed to discover. When I bought the figure, that's the first thing I noticed after opening it, which is because the torso is a harder plastic grade than the rest of the figure... makes it a lot tougher to remove joints that way. Just like a clone trooper.

:wink:
By JediLjf
YAK_Jayson wrote:Gold star for Diddly. I dug my VOTC Ben out of mothballs and they are indeed the same torso.

JediLjf, PM me your address. You have a FREE TLC Obi-Wan coming your way.

Teehee, thanks!
By YAK_Jayson
Finally picked up a Jawa the other day. Probably my favorite of this wave and well worth the $8+ pricetag.

http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/ ... es/33.html
By Arc_Trooper77
YAK_Jayson wrote:Finally picked up a Jawa the other day. Probably my favorite of this wave and well worth the $8+ pricetag.

Jayson, was your set missing droid parts? Quite a few people complained about missing arms/legs, etc.
By YAK_Jayson
Arc_Trooper77 wrote:
YAK_Jayson wrote:Finally picked up a Jawa the other day. Probably my favorite of this wave and well worth the $8+ pricetag.

Jayson, was your set missing droid parts? Quite a few people complained about missing arms/legs, etc.

Yes, the first one I picked up didn't have the small antenna that plugs into the back of the base.
By Arc_Trooper77
That's really weird. Maybe Hasbro is just getting lazy? Maybe the put Ugnaughts on the line? I'm not really sure. :lol: :roll:
By StooperZero
WIsloslea is peg warming like crazy around here...

I hate how they repacked all teh older figures with these new BAD parts... Im just trying to finish r4-j1 and Sa-r7
By Arc_Trooper77
StooperZero wrote:WIsloslea is peg warming like crazy around here...

I hate how they repacked all teh older figures with these new BAD parts... Im just trying to finish r4-j1 and Sa-r7

Haha! It scares the little children and collectors alike. A googly-eyed alien. :roll: :lol:
By saddestwookiee
I am generally happy with the cantina portion of the wave (which is all I wanted, really).

-Obi-wan is a great figure. Minus the bobble-headedness of the neck post. He's pretty well made, though. I am so glad he has the table. And I don't have a hologram of Leia, so that is a nice tough.

-Wioslea is bizarre in a good way. Her giant, bulbous head is off-putting, at first. Her body is good custom fodder for a female Jedi, too. Especially a Trandoshan, because of where her arms swivel.

-Pons Limbic is a bit scary looking. Mostly the eyes. The detailing is nice on the brainy head. I like the costume, too. It breaks up the general brownness that appears in the figures I have. And "Yay for tables!"

-Trinto Duaba is very nicely detailed. I like the metal dealies on his temples. The only thing that gets me is the elbows. After all the others got ball joints, he got cut? Bad business, Hasbro! :P Anyone know if his blaster is a remold? I like it.

-Dice is a gem, really, for what she is. I would buy her carded, as she is. If they threw in the table, too. I like her, but wish she was a bit taller, I guess.

-R2-L3 is a great little droid. It kind of reminds me of a tiger, for some reason. I just wished that he matched the picture on the back of the card a bit more. He seemed more yellow/cream colored than white.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, this wave is awesome. It's showing up in abundance in my area now, which is great to see. I am sure there's going to be a pegwarmer or two (Brainiac!!!) but other than that, I think it's going to be a popular wave.

:wink:
By TradeFederationSympathy
Yeah I love this wave so far. I want nearly every figure from the wave and have picked up most of the "must have" figures for myself. Only figure that I am missing that I really want is the Jawa and WED droid. Can't seem to have any luck finding him. Braniac is definitely the peg warmer this time around, every other figure is flying off of the shelves in my area but I always see a few Braniacs hanging out with the clone wars figures.
By Darth Wolven
These figures are really fantastic, and it goes without saying that Hasbro has come along way since those awful POTF 2 figures. Beleive it or not they still have'nt come out over here, because I rang Forbidden Planet yesterday, and they don'nt seem to have them in yet, much to my annoyance. You americans and brits are very very lucky. I may have resort to ebay for the time being.

I definitly plan on getting on getting the Luke and Han stormtroopers, because I've been wanting Hasbro to make very decent figures of these for years, ever since the POTF 2 figures, which don'nt cut it anymore. I'll also be getting Wioslea as well. I've got the new Obi Wan with the extra articulation, and I'm very happy. I don'nt really think I'll ever need to buy another Obi Wan ever again.
:D
By Spearhead24
That was the first wave ever that I bought completely in one take, and I'm planning to continue this for the next waves. Ben is not perfect, but he definetely kicked my POTF2-figure out of the house.
By Niktom
I would have to agree with you guys. This was a nice solid wave. A few, very minor issues... but nothing to knock out getting a figure. Ben's neck of course was the biggest issue but his table and holo-Leia more than made up for it.

The Han and Luke were a very very welcome addition. Felt Luke got the short end of the stick with the helmet but still a good figure.

Love the Spacetrooper. Very very nice look and just one of those great nods to a very obscure and often overlooked part of the OT.

If Hasbro keeps this up, it's going to be tough making fun of them in the future.

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]