Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
There's four Walmarts in my area that stocked these big time over the weekend, and as of last night nobody had any Hoth Rebels left. Lots of the others, though Needa is already starting to disappear. Luke and Leia seem to be doing the worst, but it's only a few days in still.

:wink:
By saddestwookiee
I got Palpatine in the mail I know I was a naysayer when these figures were first shown, but, I think he's amazing! I don't own any Palpatine's with the SA body, so it's new to me. It's very cool. The only issue I have is with the droid part. It's not the bright silver that the leg from Leia was. It's the more subdued one. I like it better than the bright paint.
By YAK_Jayson
saddestwookiee wrote:I got Palpatine in the mail I know I was a naysayer when these figures were first shown, but, I think he's amazing! I don't own any Palpatine's with the SA body, so it's new to me. It's very cool. The only issue I have is with the droid part. It's not the bright silver that the leg from Leia was. It's the more subdued one. I like it better than the bright paint.

Yep, you got the updated deco variant piece foe U-3PO.
By saddestwookiee
YAK_Jayson wrote:
saddestwookiee wrote:I got Palpatine in the mail I know I was a naysayer when these figures were first shown, but, I think he's amazing! I don't own any Palpatine's with the SA body, so it's new to me. It's very cool. The only issue I have is with the droid part. It's not the bright silver that the leg from Leia was. It's the more subdued one. I like it better than the bright paint.

Yep, you got the updated deco variant piece foe U-3PO.

That bugs me. I put some feelers out on the Trade forum. It looks wonky with the silver leg and the nice subdued body!!
By zedhatch
My wally marts have all restocked yet not a oen have gotten this wave, but the ANH wave instead. Very frustrating when I read reports of people finding these> really only interested in Palp and maybe leia (want to see her to deside though).
By Eopie Herder
This wave has finally hit my area. I had no intentions of picking any up, as the wave was a pass for me. But, man I really want that build a droid! And Luke's head looked MUCH better in person than in the pictures I had seen. So, he and the Emperor were purchased. Ended up hating the Emperor once I took him out. Still want more pieces though.
By saddestwookiee
Eopie Herder wrote:This wave has finally hit my area. I had no intentions of picking any up, as the wave was a pass for me. But, man I really want that build a droid! And Luke's head looked MUCH better in person than in the pictures I had seen. So, he and the Emperor were purchased. Ended up hating the Emperor once I took him out. Still want more pieces though.

What color did your pieces end up being? If they are bright silver instead of the muted tone, I would gladly give you my left leg, if I can find the other color somewhere.
By Eopie Herder
I'm not sure, they all looked the same so I have nothing to compare them to.

EDIT: now that I'm looking at it, I'm sure it's the muted version instead of the bright silver. I really want the bright one.
By saddestwookiee
Eopie Herder wrote:I'm not sure, they all looked the same so I have nothing to compare them to.

EDIT: now that I'm looking at it, I'm sure it's the muted version instead of the bright silver. I really want the bright one.

You're still welcome to the bright leg, if you can find the other bright parts. I need to find a dull one. Still searching!
By YAK_Jayson
Grand_Admiral_Thrawn wrote:If I remember correctly, some said Needa's hat was glued to his head... however on Rebelscum's pics, that cap is clearly removable (and so is his insignia)...

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC40Needa.asp

Not just scum's pics. Our pics have been up for a while.

http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/ ... es/40.html
By YAK_Chewie
What I like most about the removable hat is that because of this, I bought about 6 of this figure so far... doing simple head swaps to make more officers, and also using the Needa head for generic peeps walking around in dioramas.

:wink:
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Not having a Disney version to compare it to the […]

That looks awesome. Nice work!

Loving the H2 droid. That's great work and very e[…]

The newest addition to my mudtrooper squadron: &qu[…]

Here are 4 droids. The first 2 are sentry class dr[…]

i found a patrol trooper at gamestop too.. probab[…]

WOW!!! That is one fantastic diorama. It looks so […]

Custom 8" Neca Predators

Just finished with this lovely repaint of the Engi[…]