Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WANT TO POST THIS AS NEWS FOR UK READERS ON THE FRONTPAGE!

Today i got confirmation from Hasbro UK that these sets will be available here in the TRU UK Mid-August, here is my original email and Hasbro UK's reply. :lol:

--------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam

I was wondering if you would be able to help me, i have a query about a Star Wars exclusive Product that is available in Toys'R'Us U.S.A. The item is The Force Unleashed Mutlipacks, i was wondering if these items with be coming to the UK?

Thank You
Paul Fowles
---------------------------------------

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that these particular products will be an exclusive to Toys R Us in the UK and should be available from mid-end August 2010.

We hope this information is of help to you.

May we thank you for contacting Hasbro and if we can be of any further assistance, either now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards, Laura

ASK HASBRO
Hasbro UK Ltd
00800 22427276
Interesting news, Paul! I hope they don't turn out to be less than I paid, but considering how much SW stuff costs in this country, I doubt it!
Chewie and darth_sidious, I'm jealous! I haven't even recieved mine yet as I ordered from the States, and paid top dollar! Actually, they were a gift, so I didn't actually pay, but still... :wink:
Found them today!! Pretty happy with the sculpts, but very curious about the Black hole trooper. Might paint the two clear ones black
Honestly Darth Cuddles i'm not doing this on purpose and i feel awful, but i have more news. I was in Forbidden Planet today and they had one of each for £24.99. I still didn't get the Juno one cus it still looked a little shoddy, i need to be less picky about paintjobs honestly. Plus also i thought when TRU have them they will either be that price or cheaper as as you know sci fi shops here put the price up.

Also i thought i'd be cheeky and ask the Hasbro lady if she knew of any other exclusives coming here?
YAK_Chewie wrote:Hopefully your sets show up soon Darth_Cuddles.

As for my Shadow Stormies, I definitely wish they had packed the other version instead... and I kind of doubt they're going to make a running change here. I guess the could, but I really don't see them doing it unfortunately. :?

:wink:

Are you or Jayson going to ask about the second version of the shadow trooper in the Hasbro Q&A? They took the time to sculpt a new head to go with the removable helmet - and it featured an almost ninja like face covering...it would be nice to have.
darth_sidious wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Hopefully your sets show up soon Darth_Cuddles.

As for my Shadow Stormies, I definitely wish they had packed the other version instead... and I kind of doubt they're going to make a running change here. I guess the could, but I really don't see them doing it unfortunately. :?

Are you or Jayson going to ask about the second version of the shadow trooper in the Hasbro Q&A? They took the time to sculpt a new head to go with the removable helmet - and it featured an almost ninja like face covering...it would be nice to have.

Sounds like a good question to me; I'll nudge Jayson about it a bit.

Paulskywalker wrote:Honestly Darth Cuddles i'm not doing this on purpose and i feel awful, but i have more news. I was in Forbidden Planet today and they had one of each for £24.99. I still didn't get the Juno one cus it still looked a little shoddy, i need to be less picky about paintjobs honestly. Plus also i thought when TRU have them they will either be that price or cheaper as as you know sci fi shops here put the price up.

Also i thought i'd be cheeky and ask the Hasbro lady if she knew of any other exclusives coming here?

It's OK Paul, I know you're not doing it on purpose! :wink:
As I said, mine were a gift, a late birthday gift from my Mum, I knew these packs were coming, so I didn't mind waiting a couple of months for a gift, but now I feel really sorry for my poor Mum shelling out the amount she did when I could've pointed her towards a cheaper, more local option! I'll have to be more vigilant in the future!
Looks like those that ordered the Force Unleashed figure packs online from Toys"R"Us might be in for a rude awakening once they receive and open their packages. We've received reports that even though folks ordered one or multiple of each set, their order were filled with 2 or in some instances four of one set. Yakreader and forum member "baghutch" ran into that very scenario with his order.

Hopefully these errors are isolated incidents maybe if a few of you run into this you can get in contact with each other via our forums and work out an exchange.
I received my sets from TRU in the mail yesterday - no problems. However, I'm not the least bit surprised that this happened considering that online it was the same item number in the description.

Very sorry to hear this is happening to some collectors - this along with the Expanded Universe wave fiasco at TRU has to be really rubbing a lot of collectors the wrong way.

:|
Saw these on Saturday for the first time while looking for the EU wave. My TRU had 2 of each, and I stood there for a few minutes debating whether or not I should buy a set. Then a Hot Wheels guy came up and put all four sets in his cart. Oh well, I didn't need to spend the money on these anyway.
Community fodder box...

If it's not too late, I'd like the poncho Jyn and […]

I like it, but Palpatine looks really animated....[…]

I made the Knight's alcove. Like the COD, this wa[…]

Continuing the idea of "what if The Clone War[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

Ruthless pirates hailing from the Unknown Regions,[…]

TLJ Purchases and Finds

I actually like the TLJ A-Wing better than the OT […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$7.99 A-Wings is so crazy. I'm surprised they are[…]

have plenty of the new EE a wings exclusives. a[…]