Image Image Image Image Image

2009 Legacy: AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport)

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

2009 Legacy: AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

According to a new rumor at http://www.rebelscum.com:

AT-ST
A long-rumored upgrade to this iconic vehicle is reportedly in the works, with some new accurate details, missile-firing cannons, and a driver! Standing over 13" tall, this ship is said to have multi-articulated "wobbling" legs, room for 2 drivers, and opening ports and hatches. This would mark the first time EVER that the AT-ST and the AT-ST Driver were available at the same time!

Look for this vehicle to retail around $50 and stomp into toy stores in October.

Sounds like good news, but I'm a little hesitant on how tall they say this is... 13" tall doesn't seem to me like it would be nearly to scale, does it? How tall is the current vintage mold?

:wink:
Darth Wolven
Moisture Farmer

Postby Darth Wolven » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 pm

I really hope this is true as well. The vintage AT-ST measures about 10.4 inches roughly, so the new one would have be something like 14.5 or 15 inches. I'm actually getting real tired of all these new clone wars & prequel trilogy vehicles, and I also don'nt care for the new turbo tank, that'll be a very very easy pass for me. I just wish Hasbro would do more of the original trilogy vehicles, upsized like the Slave 1 and especially the AT - AT.

If they gave them the BMF treatment in terms of size and detail, that would really be awesome. There is also rumours on rebelscum about a new AT - AT on the horizon, but at the moment I'll only take these rumours with a grain of salt. I don'nt exactly know how well the BMF and AT - TE sold worldwide, but hopefully they sold well enough to warrent more bigger vehicles to us OT collectors. I did buy the BMF for the full retail price of €200 when it came out over here, so hopefully they will make bigger vehicles and playsets. :)
Spearhead24
Scavenger

Postby Spearhead24 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 pm

Am I the only one who's not excited about a new AT-ST? I don't care too much about accuracy if the fun-factor ist right. So, having already gathered some AT-ST to accompany my (unaccurate) AT-ATs, I don't have a need for a different style.
"Go your way. Seek rightful balance. Learn to appreciate what you are given." - Master Zao
JediJman
Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

Postby JediJman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:14 pm

Spearhead24 wrote:Am I the only one who's not excited about a new AT-ST? I don't care too much about accuracy if the fun-factor ist right. So, having already gathered some AT-ST to accompany my (unaccurate) AT-ATs, I don't have a need for a different style.

I predicted this at one of our local gatherings a while back and was pretty excited about it back then. But I'm with you following the announcemnt - I don't really have a need for it or even anywhere to dsiplay it next to the (now) smaller scale Walkers. I'm totally undecided on buying one at this point, though the exclusive figure will probably push me into getting one.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-- Albert Einstein

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Here's my take - if it's bigger and badder, I want it.

At $50 I'll have to scale back and only get two of them (maybe three if it's really cool).

I don't have a lot invested in the older mold (only have three, and they were around $20 each, plus I've had them for oh, almost 14 years!).

So, it doesn't sting me at all to upgrade this vehicle... it's not like the old mold has only been out for a couple years... if a new one is coming, I'll recycle the old ones for custom parts, give them to my son to destroy or trade them off.

Also, thanks for the info Darth Wolven on the height of the vintage mold.

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Depending on how accurate it is in terms of sculpt and scale, I'll definitely be getting one of these. We'll see how this rumor pans out.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Darth Wolven
Moisture Farmer

Postby Darth Wolven » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:43 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Here's my take - if it's bigger and badder, I want it.

At $50 I'll have to scale back and only get two of them (maybe three if it's really cool).

I don't have a lot invested in the older mold (only have three, and they were around $20 each, plus I've had them for oh, almost 14 years!).

So, it doesn't sting me at all to upgrade this vehicle... it's not like the old mold has only been out for a couple years... if a new one is coming, I'll recycle the old ones for custom parts, give them to my son to destroy or trade them off.

Also, thanks for the info Darth Wolven on the height of the vintage mold.

No Problem. :)
JediLjf
Moisture Farmer

Postby JediLjf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:06 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:At $50 I'll have to scale back and only get two of them (maybe three if it's really cool).

Woowee aren't we lucky? Getting two of them and scaling back? Boy I'd hate to see how many you'd get if you weren't. I won't be getting one, the price is to hefty but I'm sure I'll look forward to seeing them in peoples collections, who knows where Rykrof Enloe is going and maybe we'll see some Imperial Era novels popping up too.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Well a few years ago, I could have seen myself getting 4-5 of them. Just because I love Imperial walkers, and back then I didn't have as many expenses and things going on as I do now.

I guess my scaling back is still excessive in some regards though.

StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 pm

"wobbling" legs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sargent Fang
Jedi Templar

Postby Sargent Fang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Now i was excited about it then i read "Wobbling Legs" and now i'm wayyyyyyyyyyy turned off. ill see teh reviews on it at youtube. if its true but im not crossing my fingers
Arc_Trooper77
Alpha-Class Arc Trooper

Postby Arc_Trooper77 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Know what would be a really good suprise about this walker?

If it was really the AT-XT!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terr ... _Transport
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 am

An AT-XT would be great, but I'd imagine since it's not as recognizeable they'd use that for the $20-$25 price point.

jlw515
Droid

Postby jlw515 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:An AT-XT would be great, but I'd imagine since it's not as recognizeable they'd use that for the $20-$25 price point.

At 13 inches tall, the AT-ST would just about be to scale. If you take the vintage/POTF2 AT-ST and stretch the legs a bit it measures right at 12 inches. Comparing this with pics of the scale prop used in Jedi would make 13 inches just about to scale.

I'm totally excited about this one, but I've never really been disappointed in the old mold either. What some people don't realize is that there were TWO AT-ST models. The one in Empire IS NOT the same as the one in Jedi. If you compare the old Kenner toy with the still shot profile from Empire, they got it pretty close. The AT-STs in Jedi have a longer "chin" and the "head" has different details.

Anyway, really excited about this one!! And as far as being in scale with the Kenner/POTF2 AT-AT; isn't the big rumor that we're getting a larger scale AT-AT around Christmas?

Jason
Darth Wolven
Moisture Farmer

Postby Darth Wolven » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 am

jlw515 wrote:
At 13 inches tall, the AT-ST would just about be to scale. If you take the vintage/POTF2 AT-ST and stretch the legs a bit it measures right at 12 inches. Comparing this with pics of the scale prop used in Jedi would make 13 inches just about to scale.

I'm totally excited about this one, but I've never really been disappointed in the old mold either. What some people don't realize is that there were TWO AT-ST models. The one in Empire IS NOT the same as the one in Jedi. If you compare the old Kenner toy with the still shot profile from Empire, they got it pretty close. The AT-STs in Jedi have a longer "chin" and the "head" has different details.

Anyway, really excited about this one!! And as far as being in scale with the Kenner/POTF2 AT-AT; isn't the big rumor that we're getting a larger scale AT-AT around Christmas?

Jason

Your right there, the old AT-ST is about to scale with legs stretched a bit. I hope that rumor about the AT-AT is true as well. :D
Last edited by Darth Wolven on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”