Image Image Image Image Image

2009 Mail Away Qui-Gon Jinn and Eopie

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

2009 Legacy: Mailaway Eopie w/Qui-Gon Jinn

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:09 am

from our TF 09 coverage. Look for the "Mark of Darth Maul" Stickers packed with TPM wave (similar to past UGH promos) mailaway plus S&H

Last edited by YAK_Jayson on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:07 am

love the eopie. very cool for a mail away too. nice bonus for the phantom menace 10th year. pretty nice wave that you get the send away from too.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:19 am

I have the Ep1 one and i will definately get this one to!
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

Postby Eopie Herder » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:46 am

I think it goes without saying that I'm pretty stoked about this. Nice addition to the Eopie collection!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 pm

I am very happy about this set... it's a pretty good idea for a mailaway actually too... would like to get a couple of these.

:wink:
saddestwookiee
Distraught Wookiee

Postby saddestwookiee » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I never actually got an eopie, before. I am big into creatures, but, am missing a lot (bantha, eopie, the larger ones from TPM, reek and acklay, too!). So I will be sure to collect my stickers!!
"Oh Yoshimi, they don't believe me
but you won't let those robots eat me"

"Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt.1", The Flaming Lips
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:48 pm

That's a nice deal if it's just S&H. This is definitely one of the things I NEVER saw in stores or anywhere else. Great promotion!
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm really jazzed about this, as I never got the eopie. I have always wanted one, but price kept me at bay, so this really rocks and a much better figure to boot.

Is there any difference from the E1 version, for you that have it? I wonder, as this really looks good.

roron corobb
My Feedback Links: Classifieds or Trading
JediJman
Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

Postby JediJman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:08 pm

roron corobb wrote:I'm really jazzed about this, as I never got the eopie. I have always wanted one, but price kept me at bay, so this really rocks and a much better figure to boot.

Is there any difference from the E1 version, for you that have it? I wonder, as this really looks good.

roron corobb

Eopie will be a repaint versus the E1 version. The Qui-Qon will be a different scuplt as well. I'm excited to get this since I didn't get the E1 version, but a little bummed that its significantly different because I'll eventually want to get them both.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-- Albert Einstein

Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

Postby Eopie Herder » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 pm

roron corobb wrote:I'm really jazzed about this, as I never got the eopie. I have always wanted one, but price kept me at bay, so this really rocks and a much better figure to boot.

roron corobb

Sculpt is the same, but the paint is slightly different in the saddle and packs. Here is a pic of mine (ironically with an evolutions Qui-Gon) that I took a few months ago...you can see a difference in color.

roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for the pictures and information guys. I'm liking this mail-away even more now, as the paint looks more realistic.

roron corobb
My Feedback Links: Classifieds or Trading
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

I'm liking this too... a LOT!

And you know, this is a really good way for Hasbro to maybe help push interest certain waves that they think might otherwise have a few pegwarmers in them...

:wink:
Michael
Nerf Herder

Postby Michael » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 pm

I would have liked to have seen them do an OT and a PT creature so people had the choice, however I do want one of those so I will see about getting one.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Michael wrote:I would have liked to have seen them do an OT and a PT creature so people had the choice, however I do want one of those so I will see about getting one.

But that would defeat the purpose of it being a TPM 10th Anniversary mail-away?
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

2009 Mail Away Qui-Gon Jinn and Eopie

Postby Eopie Herder » Sat May 16, 2009 8:46 am

I was able to get my hand son the new(ish) Qui-Gon Jinn from the upcoming TPM 10th Anniversary Mail Away set. Unfortunately, no accessories and that includes the repaint Eopie. The figure is the same as the evolutions one, but with slightly better paint apps in most cases. The one area that it is not are the eyes that look more bug eyed. But the mustache is now separate from the beard, like it should be and the grey drybrushed highlights are not nearly as drastic, which looks great. The biggest change for the better is that the Obi around his waist is now the same color as the rest of the tunic which really annoyed me with the first version. (though I guess not bad enough as I never even corrected it on my custom) Here are some pics...

Here he is with the Evolutions one...

And here he is with the Evolutions one and my custom one with Ball Jointed hips, which I wish they would have added to this.

I'll post some pics with the original Eopie and Qui-Gon set later today.

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”