Image Image Image Image Image

Target Exclusive Geonosis Arena Showdown Sets

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Target Exclusive Geonosis Arena Showdown Sets

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Maybe if that Battle Droid is back in the mix later he'll be part of a 2-pk...

I did see some of these at a Target tonight:

- Yoda w/ Destroyer Droid
- Mace w/ OOM-9
- Kit Fisto w/ Geonosian
- Coleman w/ Jango Fett

I picked up the Kit and Coleman... almost bought the Windu set, but the OOM-9 eyes on it are HUGE. It looks ridiculous. They really screwed up the battle droids it seems, one has giant bug eyes and the other doesn't have any. Wow. That's ok with me though, I have over 50 of the red battle droids already from the SAGA line.

Upon opening them, I am blown away at the Kit Fisto upgrade... although he has some reused parts, it's a huge upgrade and so is Coleman. They were worth the purchase.

Also, looks like this store only had one set in, and the two other ones were gone. I'm guessing these won't be nearly as plentiful as the often clearanced Order 66 sets from the past two years.

:wink:
JediJman
Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

Postby JediJman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I picked up a full set of these about a week ago and just can't get into them. I like coleman and the new Jedi characters are okay, but this is my least favorite line of exclusive two packs thus far. Very blah - hope I find them on clearance somehow later on. :|

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-- Albert Einstein

TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:04 am

These are actually my favorite exclusive 2 packs so far. Mostly I just want Coleman with Jango and maybe that set with Yoda. I saw these today at Target, but they were missing the Coleman set. Can't hold out till these go on clearance, cause I bet they never will in my area.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:Yeah i'd like to see them as a two pack again but thats unlikely, but some accessory would be cool, i can't think what though?

If they do a single pack, they could release a pilot droid (tan w/ blue) with a control panel from the Invisible Hand, during the opening of ROTS.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:55 pm

A control panel is a good idea... they could really do every flavor of Battle Droid with the new mold, all with some sort of computer console, panel or something. Something to make it feel a little more of a value.

tmoaswg
Midi-Chlorian

Postby tmoaswg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 pm

I really want to get that Coleman Trebor figure!I'll probably also get those other two new jedi also. For some reason, most of my customs and collection are jedi, so these really excite me!
Why am I to much of a Star Wars geek?
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am

I bet the Coleman Trebor will be the chase figure from this exclusive. When I saw these at the store, he was already the only 2 pack that I did not see, plus he is an alien species which is always popular.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Coleman is indeed a great upgrade, and since he comes with Jango, there will most likely be kid interest in the pack as well. I think the Kit Fisto pack is the best myself - the upgrades to both figures are great, and its nice to have a SA generic Geonosian. As for Kit, I love how the hand gesture is scene specific with the force push movement and partial smile on the face - If they ever release another version of Bultar Swan, I hope they give her the force push hand as well.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Just looking at the head of Devana i suspect Hasbro may paint the hair grey and use it for a Cin Drallig figure.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
JediJman
Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

Postby JediJman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:Just looking at the head of Devana i suspect Hasbro may paint the hair grey and use it for a Cin Drallig figure.

That would be a pretty easy conversion wouldn't it? Maybe mix up the paints and a cloth cloak and viola - new fig! I actually thought this WAS supposed to be Cin Frallig until I read the name. :oops:

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-- Albert Einstein

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:31 am

Saw these at a different Target tonight, though they were already sold out of the ones with the two "new" Jedi. I did buy the Kit Fisto set, which gives me two of him. It's a great upgraded figure really.

Sylexus
Droid

Postby Sylexus » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 pm

I anxiously await the day Hasbro decides to actually make smaller, rolling droidekas. Maybe 2 to a pack. No extra shield, just the ability to fold up.

These sets still look really nice. I want the Geonosian for sure
"I have a bad feeling about this" - Multiple characters across several award winning movies.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 pm

The rumour turned out true, saw these in Tesco yesterday for 12.97 so the one i got from a sci fi shop was £2 more so thats fine. This time i picked up Masona and the SBD, really good figure even has his bags under his eyes lol. Wanted to get Fisto or Coleman but the paint job was iffy and i saw the Commander BD's eyes OMG!! i suppose goo-off or paint will sort that.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Yeah I bought the Coleman Trebor and Jango set and the Jango has silver paint all over his hand :? Lame, because other than that he is a great looking figure.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:48 pm

It was the same with these, the coleman was ok but the Jango had silver on his visor and i don't have that figure so want a good one of him too.

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”