Image Image Image Image Image

2010 Legacy Wave 1: Expanded Universe

Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

zedhatch

Re: 2010 Legacy Wave 1: Expanded Universe

Postby zedhatch » Thu May 06, 2010 1:39 am

Well I just took the plundge and preordered from BBTS as well, looks like the cheapest option and they are still double retail. Only really, really wanted the Jedi's so I stopped there rather than getting all 6. Just digs at my craw to have to do it. I had to do it with TOD wave too and it was a pain.
Updated Mon-Fri every week
darthberl
Midi-Chlorian

Postby darthberl » Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 pm

darthberl wrote:This sucks. Both my local TRU's in northeast New Jersey had no clue about the last wave or the May 1st release date. Although they both had the Force unleashed packs. Sadly at one of them I found a K'Kruhk last week, I'm thinking they went out early and I missed out big time. But the $4.99 / $1.24 basic figure price was in effect so i picked up 4 coldweather rex's and 4 grievous bodygaurds for about $23.

It seems in northeast Jersey that they got their cases on tuesday night, and put them on the shelves wednesday morning. I went after work to find a bunch of repacks with the new B.A.D. parts and one dark trooper phase 1. I scooped up the trooper and went to the front desk to see if they had more in stock, and to my suprise there was a brand new case sitting there on hold for someone. luckily the girl behind the counter remembered me from saturday morning and said to hell with it and opened the case to let me take what i wanted. I was nice and left the bespin guard and the repacks for the guy it was being held for!! Sorry man, but this is a cut-throat wave and you can blame hasbro for that. Even though we missed on the Saturday $4.99/$1.24 sale, it was still nice to get all the fig's i wanted for $4.99 each. They also told me the next shipment is coming Friday night, maybe another Saturday morning run to the awful T.R.U.!!!!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu May 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Sorry for "that guy" but good for you. This is certainly a cut throat wave right now like you said.

:wink:
LadyIrithyl
Nerf Herder

Postby LadyIrithyl » Thu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Wow, I can't believe the lady just let you take what you want. IfI was the person the case was on hold for, hell would be raised! I bet she's gonna be in some trouble. Although, she would have to admit she did it. Its easy for things like that ot just happen at store, lol

Either way, nice score.
evilanimation
Midi-Chlorian

Postby evilanimation » Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I got nothing still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
starwarsgeek7
Midi-Chlorian

Postby starwarsgeek7 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Same here! Called 3 local stores. 1 said still nothing. The other 2 said they got a "few" cases in this morning but they were gone right when the store opened :x
Lindsey
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Lindsey » Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Went by my TRU today and saw a few repacks on the shelf, after showing one of the people working the serial product codes I got from another member's picture on here of the case he claimed they had them in stock but "couldn't let me at the boxes due to the unfairness it would be for others" and to "wait for the current items on the shelves to thin" (currently all clone wars and saga legends crud that hadn't been bought in months". I kept on his case till he referred me to another employee and it turns out it was the same fellow that had checked the shipment for me last week. Brought out two boxes and sure enough it was the wave.

I would have bought the second set but a collector happened to be swooping by and dug through the second box but I got one of each figure so I'm happy :D

So chin up guys, if Santa Cruz can get them I'm sure the rest of you will be getting yours soon!
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Fri May 07, 2010 2:08 am

AaylaSecurasMan wrote:Good luck man. I still haven't scored the wave :? , I haven't tried very hard to get it but from other collectors in my area (Phoenix, AZ) only 2 TRU's out of the 6 have put them out. I will be patient during the month of May, just in case I pre-ordered a case of (6) from BBTS. If you find them then you should buy a lotto ticket immediately :D

Saludos hasta Monterrey y arriba los Borregos del TEC!!

gues whos buying a lotto ticket first time tomorrow mornin??...he has two thumbs and 4 of the coolest figures I have ever seen....yes, this guy!!!! :D

thanks to the nicest lady that ever worked in a store, I have now the figures that i want! khrurk, shaak an the solo twins! the case or item id number technique worked! some clerck told me that all that they have in stock is hanged already at the pegs....so full of B.S... I went to costumer service and they double checked and there was one still at the back of the store, they can even get in contact with the nearest store looking for the figures if you know how to play your cards....be cool, smile and be nice to every one, thats it! :wink:

i even bought a force unleashed figure set, te one with the aprentiece with mando armor, the bad side of the story is that Im out of money again, NOOOOO! lol

somehow there is an 2.50 usd discount offer in SW action figures, at TRU, each cost me about 5.40 usd. to bad that i noticed it to late...at wal mart each one was 4.50 dollars.

the best thing is that it happened in the first TRU that i visited at Mcallen TX...Im strong with the force right now!

remember guys, attitude, be cool...dont force it! they will come to you at the right time... 8) 8)

and by the way...Im with the autenticos tigres de la UANL, even if borregos beat them up every time :) ...I love my alma matter.
adios raza
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
Lindsey
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Lindsey » Fri May 07, 2010 4:55 am

lugo_matapollos wrote:[the case or item id number technique worked! some clerck told me that all that they have in stock is hanged already at the pegs....so full of B.S... I went to costumer service and they double checked and there was one still at the back of the store, they can even get in contact with the nearest store looking for the figures if you know how to play your cards....be cool, smile and be nice to every one, thats it! :wink:

Yea I've discovered this is mainly their way of saying they're too lazy to check in the back :p But like you say, play it nice and BE nice and you might meet some clerk who is willing to go the extra mile :)

Glad you scored the figures you wanted!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 am

lugo_matapollos wrote:remember guys, attitude, be cool...dont force it! they will come to you at the right time...

Very well said. I have found that when speaking with employees and managers (and fellow collectors), your attitude dictates how much they are going to help you quite often. It's a no brainer really - be nice, and you're much more likely to receive the same courtesy and get some help.

And one other thing to remember with employees... it would always be nicer if they were always as helpful as "some" employees are, but I always try to keep in mind that there are literally THOUSANDS of different items they have in inventory and there are times when they are slammed with other things to do. And you're not always going to luck out even when it's a nice employee, but being courteous when asking goes a very long way.

:wink:
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

lugo_matapollos wrote:
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:Good luck man. I still haven't scored the wave :? , I haven't tried very hard to get it but from other collectors in my area (Phoenix, AZ) only 2 TRU's out of the 6 have put them out. I will be patient during the month of May, just in case I pre-ordered a case of (6) from BBTS. If you find them then you should buy a lotto ticket immediately :D

Saludos hasta Monterrey y arriba los Borregos del TEC!!

gues whos buying a lotto ticket first time tomorrow mornin??...he has two thumbs and 4 of the coolest figures I have ever seen....yes, this guy!!!! :D

thanks to the nicest lady that ever worked in a store, I have now the figures that i want! khrurk, shaak an the solo twins! the case or item id number technique worked! some clerck told me that all that they have in stock is hanged already at the pegs....so full of B.S... I went to costumer service and they double checked and there was one still at the back of the store, they can even get in contact with the nearest store looking for the figures if you know how to play your cards....be cool, smile and be nice to every one, thats it! :wink:

the best thing is that it happened in the first TRU that i visited at Mcallen TX...Im strong with the force right now!

remember guys, attitude, be cool...dont force it! they will come to you at the right time... 8) 8)

and by the way...Im with the autenticos tigres de la UANL, even if borregos beat them up every time :) ...I love my alma matter.
adios raza

That is great, I am glad that you found them considering that you actually travelled internationally to get them :lol: I hope that I have better luck this weekend here :?
Che la forza sia con voi
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri May 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Bit worried i'm going to have to resort to Ebay here, spoke to the staff in my local Sci Fi shops today, Worlds Apart and Forbidden Planet; which is a chain store and in both they went it's unlikely as it is really hard to get TRU exclusives. I even mentioned in FP that some online retailers will be getting some and they have a big site and they still said probably not. Just checked their Pre-order section and they have all the Vintage and Clone Wars figures, BP, vehicles etc but not these. oh well. :roll:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
darthanton
Midi-Chlorian

Postby darthanton » Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 pm

I visited TRU on Ray and the 10 this morning (May 7) they got in 1 case, which I did not get. So the total cases they have received since May 1 is 2.
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri May 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:Bit worried i'm going to have to resort to Ebay here, spoke to the staff in my local Sci Fi shops today, Worlds Apart and Forbidden Planet; which is a chain store and in both they went it's unlikely as it is really hard to get TRU exclusives. I even mentioned in FP that some online retailers will be getting some and they have a big site and they still said probably not. Just checked their Pre-order section and they have all the Vintage and Clone Wars figures, BP, vehicles etc but not these. oh well. :roll:

Why E-bay? Order through BBTS, they have the case of (6) for $74.99 and the full case for $99.99.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1645&company=0&category=4937
Che la forza sia con voi
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri May 07, 2010 2:59 pm

darthanton wrote:I visited TRU on Ray and the 10 this morning (May 7) they got in 1 case, which I did not get. So the total cases they have received since May 1 is 2.

I-10 and Ray Rd. in Chandler, AZ?? if so, I was there at 11AM and just found a lone Bespin Alien guard. I did see leftovers of 3-4 cases and not one :?
Che la forza sia con voi

Return to “TLC: The Legacy Collection”