Era: 2008-Present

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

And....it's official now.

JediDefender is reporting Hasbro's official statement that the 2013 Clone Wars figures (along with the new Movie Heroes wave) won't be sold at U.S. retail.

Nothing new. No surprises. But now it's certified by the Big H themselves.
To this day I've never seen the Y-Wing Scout at retail. Not once. Or the Scuba Trooper.

But boy, if you want the Geonosian Speeder set you can buy as many as you want. Yes, siree.
So The Clone Wars line is dead yet a local Target surprised me. I was looking at some vintage TMP and movie heroes, then I noticed the phase II TCW Clone. I grabbed him and the price was $11.99! :shock: All TCW is $11.99, the vintage and MH were 9.99 though. Needles to say I threw him back.
darth_sidious wrote:Boy is that an annoying set. I bought one for $10 and like it - but I wish it would disappear from retail. I cant understand why this thing is so easy to find, yet a number of other CW deluxe sets I wasnt able to find at all, like the Y-wing scout, AT-RT with red feet, or the Scuba trooper... :(

It's so easy to find because as a TRU exclusive, the retailer ordered a ton of these and they were packed at 3 per case (with only 4 deluxes per case). It was basically overproduced, but even with a more limited run it would have had problems selling. A Geonosian on a speeder just isn't all that in demand to start with.

It's kind of like the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs... remember those? Wal-Mart ordered a bajillion of those with the Rebel Pilots and a later wave with some subpar figures, and as a result didn't order more of the regular line of comic packs. I still feel that the figures included in the Wal-Mart sets are what killed the comic packs. And I don't blame Wal-Mart for that. I blame the brains at Hasbro that should understand their own damn product.

Sometimes exclusives can really hurt the hobby... when you have an exclusive subline of a regular line (like deluxes and comic packs) and the exclusive is a weak one (and overproduced), it spells disaster.

:wink:
darthmadonna wrote:So The Clone Wars line is dead yet a local Target surprised me. I was looking at some vintage TMP and movie heroes, then I noticed the phase II TCW Clone. I grabbed him and the price was $11.99! :shock: All TCW is $11.99, the vintage and MH were 9.99 though. Needles to say I threw him back.

$11.99? Wow. That's nuts.

FYI... TRU in my area always seems to have some Phase II animated clones... and when they have their $5 sales that's a good time to stock up.

:wink:
darth_sidious wrote:Boy is that an annoying set. I bought one for $10 and like it - but I wish it would disappear from retail. I cant understand why this thing is so easy to find, yet a number of other CW deluxe sets I wasnt able to find at all, like the Y-wing scout, AT-RT with red feet, or the Scuba trooper... :(

See Chewie's post below, it was packed 3x per case with 1x Yavin Rebel Transport :?
I don't know who's in charge of designing Hasbro's SW case ratios, but an '80s hair band on a drug and whiskey bender could have designed better assortments.

Nice!! What a great gift!

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

That middle one is a #2 pencil.

Good luck DarthVlad. I have been in such a hobby s[…]

Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago

That was a lot of fun. I will see you all in a cou[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

It's been a long time since I updated this thread.[…]

Wow, that's awesome. Creative and very well done[…]

Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]