Era: 2008-Present

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

The only explanation I can come up with is some people who don't understand the market made these case ratio decisions. They over-estimated the reach of the market, and figured that more "first time kids" would be entering the market and wanting figures of popular characters. But that obviously didn't happen. 90% of the market is repeat buyers, who already HAD these figures.

:wink:
Yup. And there's also the people who buy just for the packaging because they don't plan to open these, and once they have their Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan from this wave they're done. And it still brings up the question of why all-important Episode I characters like the Queen and Jar Jar were delayed until Wave 2 of Movie Heroes (which took an eon to surface at most retailers) yet we got an Episode III Clone Trooper with a spring-loaded, winged jetpack that didn't even exist in the actual film itself.

Somebody at Hasbro obviously had the marketing talents of a cucumber.
With the lack of Hasbro products at the moment, I have been filling gaps in my collection. Today I received the 2011 (WM exclusive) AT-RT, I ordered it on Amazon for only $12.99.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004 ... lmart.html

I still have a few CW deluxe items to track down - the Y-Wing Scout and the Republic Submarine.
darth_sidious wrote:With the lack of Hasbro products at the moment, I have been filling gaps in my collection. Today I received the 2011 (WM exclusive) AT-RT, I ordered it on Amazon for only $12.99.

I still have a few CW deluxe items to track down - the Y-Wing Scout and the Republic Submarine.

Good deal on the AT-RT!

It is funny, I did not care for the Clone Wars at first. I was not fond of the animation style and I was even more let down when Hasbro decided to go with the animated look for the figures. After the first show I was hooked though! I loved the show so much I was wanting to go back on my rule to ignore all TCW product. So I started collecting TCW and today I am so sad to say bye bye to it. Another thing to is some of TCW product have pretty hefty secondary prices, maybe more so than what we have seen since the inception of the main modern line.
darthmadonna wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:With the lack of Hasbro products at the moment, I have been filling gaps in my collection. Today I received the 2011 (WM exclusive) AT-RT, I ordered it on Amazon for only $12.99.

Good deal on the AT-RT!

It is funny, I did not care for the Clone Wars at first. I was not fond of the animation style and I was even more let down when Hasbro decided to go with the animated look for the figures. After the first show I was hooked though! I loved the show so much I was wanting to go back on my rule to ignore all TCW product. So I started collecting TCW and today I am so sad to say bye bye to it. Another thing to is some of TCW product have pretty hefty secondary prices, maybe more so than what we have seen since the inception of the main modern line.

I felt the same at first as well - I didn't want to collect another line / style, yet I grew to love it. Some of the CW characters / figures are my personal favorites in my collection.
DarthEddie wrote:An AT-RT for just $12.99?

That's a great score no matter how you slice it. Many congrats! :wink:

Thanks - I was certainly excited when I found it, especially considering that I never picked one up at retail. The CW AT-RTs are some of my favorite deluxe sets - and easily the best repainted mini rigs they have offered. Each has been so unique that they are all worth purchasing.
Even the newest AT-RT in the green Yoda packaging is a nice little vehicle considering its pretty eye-catching 501st Legion paint markings and the fact you get two figures with it.
If people didn't snatch them up at that price a few years ago then they're not going to now. It's a solid and decent-enough set of Clones but it's also getting old by the way Star Wars toys are measured. Slap a red 50% off (or more) sticker on that thing and put it on a nearby endcap.
TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

Dont' want to be "that" guy, but there h[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

4-way tie now. Lol :wink: Boo! First vote s[…]

Ewok Love

Logray also made it to TVC.

DarthSinister's Customs

Damn. That dude is awesome. Very impressive! :[…]

Arden Lyn p63 / Index p1

Looks good. I always find it interesting how you a[…]

Community fodder box...

I cant remember if we talked about it for this rou[…]