Era: 2008-Present

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Grimace
so now I wonder if this new battle pack plan will be the same for the realistic figures too

either way, it looks like the battle packs are going the way of titanium figures, evolutions, and the comic pack line

buh bye battle packs!
By MisterPL
Paulskywalker wrote:They can use the price of fuel excuse when the bosses have had a pay cut and fore gone their bonuses. :roll:

So you're arguing that because the price of fuel has gone up, American "bosses" should have their pay reduced and give up their bonuses? How would that affect the price of fuel? Just playing Devil's Advocate here but maybe collectors should just make more money if it's that easy.

There's no denying that the price of fuel has had a direct impact on the cost of manufactured goods. I know there are plenty of "bosses" out there that make a pretty good bonus at the end of the fiscal year but in my experience they have to earn them by meeting goals and objectives. Considering the Star Wars brand was #1 in the boys category in 2010, without the benefit of a feature film tie-in, I'd say the "bosses" are doing something right.

At the end of the day, Hasbro is a publicly traded company that has to answer to its investors. If the "bosses" don't perform to expectations, they not only forego their bonuses but sometimes their jobs as well.
By MisterPL
darth_sidious wrote:I'm tired of that excuse as well - a pack like this is pure profit, three figures that are all repainted from old molds. It probably costs them a few dollars to produce - lets make no mistake, Hasbro makes HUGE profits from us - but this is just a fleecing of fans and the collector base.

A hypothetical fleecing. We still don't have a MSRP, do we?

And there's no such thing as "pure profit" even with repaints like this. They may save on tooling but everything else still applies.
I'm thinking those repack three packs out at the moment are basically BPs now and are £16.99, so this is what i expect from these or else..... or else Hasbro!!!
By Grimace
I think $20 USD would be about as high as I would accept without complaining too much

but if Hasbro is going to keep the prices the same as 4 figures, I bet a lot of folks will be voting with their dollars by waiting for clearance, like many of us did with those overpriced Target CW battle packs that debuted the 4 figures per pack concept
I shall be hoping for Tunghori to have some of these figures.

If not then shall buy the ones I really want and then just trim other purchases if there's no price reduction (stands do not take the place of a figure IMO) but also the ARC battle pack had Rex in it which was a waste of time and space.
By YAK_Chewie
MisterPL, you make good points - Hasbro has a lot at stake here with the line, and the prices have increased a lot... and when one looks around the toy aisle, most toy lines are costing a pretty penny for a basic figure these days. Oil prices are a factor I'm sure, but I feel the devalue of the US dollar and a combination of many factors all contribute to it.

Now, I do have to say that I expect more from Hasbro when they are so heavy on repacks. With new figures, I think $8.00 makes sense for TVC (not counting the damn repacks in THAT line as well). But they seem to have such a gravy train with Legends and Clone Wars, and much less cost invested per figure...

It would be nice if they could work out some sort of balance - I really don't think a Legends or Clone Wars figure should cost more than $6.00... if they were to find a way to meet in the middle on what they charge the retailers for all three lines, I think we could land around $7.00 per figure or so, which would be outstanding... and then we'd also see TVC being a smashing success.

I know I got off topic here, but so much of it's all tied together it seems with our increasing levels of frustration with Hasbro.

:wink:
Thing is with prices it used to be about what customers are willing to pay and now its 'you pay this or sod off!'
MisterPL wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:I'm tired of that excuse as well - a pack like this is pure profit, three figures that are all repainted from old molds. It probably costs them a few dollars to produce - lets make no mistake, Hasbro makes HUGE profits from us - but this is just a fleecing of fans and the collector base.

A hypothetical fleecing. We still don't have a MSRP, do we?

And there's no such thing as "pure profit" even with repaints like this. They may save on tooling but everything else still applies.

Ever hear of exaggeration or sarcasm? We're collectors discussing toys, this isnt a press conference. lol. Obviously repaints arent free to make, but its added profit in the sense that Hasbro puts little or no effort into the figure, all they have to do is have someone design the deco.
By darthmadonna
I want this set pretty bad. The other sets have me really ticked off as they only have one figure in them I want this one though I think it is perfect. As for the price I have a bad feeling they are going to stay at $24.99 but hopeful for a drop to the magical $19.99 price.

Clone wars carded figures are 7.99 X 3 = 23.97 Hmm close to the 24 dollar price but I always think we should be getting a better value with these packs as it is more like buying in bulk so give me 3 figures for the price of two please :lol:
darthmadonna wrote:Clone wars carded figures are 7.99 X 3 = 23.97 Hmm close to the 24 dollar price but I always think we should be getting a better value with these packs as it is more like buying in bulk so give me 3 figures for the price of two please :lol:

You beat me to it, i thought this last night pricing them against basic figures, considering their mainly repacks they better be cheaper!
With the prices and exclusives they don't think of the lil people!.... thats right the kids their often telling us this is who they traget. To Hasbro its all about what they want and not what the market tells them.
Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Here is another entry of mine, a custom KEENSER DR[…]

CorSec Emigration Officers stationed at Coronet […]

Customs by Darth Cain

Nice job on the customs. I really like the fan fic[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Guards and their mini's

Community fodder box...

I don't have anything to contribute, but if it is[…]

Custom by nighthawk

I had an extra Jaina so I made this. https://i.i[…]

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]