Image Image Image Image Image

2013 The Clone Wars: Wave 1

Era: 2008-Present

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: 2013 The Clone Wars: Wave 1

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:11 pm

What I don't get is why they wouldn't have the brains to repack Darth Sidious, and make a Dathomir style Asajj Ventress for this wave? Wouldn't that excite people?

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes, I think both of those choices would excite people - including kids. How many kids have a CW Darth Sidious figure? How many times did they repack the CW Asajj figure because it sold so well? Its a shame to say, but I dont think Hasbro cares about the line like they once did...
mrhoppers819
Clone Trooper

Postby mrhoppers819 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I definitely would've been pumped for anything Dathomir related...highly doubt we'll get anything along those lines tho...

i will admit, i'd probably pick up four of those 501st troopers, but thats about it for me....
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Guys don't be silly dathomir figures would be new and interesting, when Hasbro knows whats best. They know that kids want the same figures as last year but tweaked, not new characters that they don't have... A dathomir Ventress or witch would mean an all new sculpt and the possibility of full articulation...
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 pm

The Clone Wars line is as good as dead in my opinion... I think this was probably part of Hasbro's strategy, to phase it out and invest less and less in the line as the show neared completion.

I would think they are focusing on righting the ship on the regular basic line now, and alligning resources for Episode 7... which tells me the first half of 2015 is going to suck at retail, but once those new figures start shipping, holy crap!

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

This first wave is just Hasbros idea of keeping something on the pegs, I agree that the line feels dead for the most part. What I find strange is that Hasbro would think all these core characters are going to be bought by new fans just finding the show now. The ratings actually slipped, didnt they? I dont think many new CW fans are coming in, the kids and collectors that buy the line have been around for years - and we already own those characters...
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Adults fans go 'crap i don't need another tweeked Anakin', Kids go 'I've got an Anakin already i want soemthing new' Oh wait theres not much new, they'll buy something else.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Just been looking again at the pictures of these and realised the R2 uses the R7 D4 mold, so has the BAD thing going on.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 pm

The R2 is actually a nice figure, and I like that its a BAD, but it would have been nice to get an astro droid that we dont have yet. Same goes for Maul and Savage - those BPs were at Target for awhile, so kids and collectors should have got their fill - the Maul / Savage figures should have been retooled into their season 5 outfits...
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:50 pm

I suppose the Maul and Savage is good for other countries as the BP and the previous release of Savage didn't get around the world at general retail. And from one of my local sci fi shops no one is eager to get the BP at £29.99, i know am waiting till i find it cheaper.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm

no new Clone Wars figures were shown at Toy Fair 2013. Arnie from Star Wars Action News asked what is their current status, they say that the animated style figures are on hold. Realistic version will make their way into the other line
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:07 pm

"On hold", that figures - I hope they have some good realistically styled CW characters, or my anger with them will only grow.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 pm

from Galactic Hunter:

Clone Wars figures shown at CVI will not be released in US.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Rune Haako
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby Rune Haako » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm

WTF? :x
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Re: Recent Finds/Acquisitions: The Clone Wars Collection

Postby DarthEddie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:12 pm

The news is just coming out of the New York Toy Fair, guys.

The Clone Wars line is effectively dead. It's history after this first wave of 2013 in the green Yoda packaging.

Five years of great figures are coming to a lethargic and disappointing end. :( :cry:
"We lived through another day... it's a good excuse to celebrate."

-Soul Asylum, "Can't Even Tell"(1994)

Return to “TCW: The Clone Wars”