Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By JediJman
#64111
Okay, for starters I don’t think anyone is chastising anyone else or getting upset. Den asked for discussion, so we are all just sharing our thoughts. I think we all agree that these auctions are great and the last thing anyone wants is for someone to come out of this feeling bad. I am definitely in favor of some kind of limit and spreading the wealth – I just don’t think we’re going about it the right way.

That said, there are several reasons why I don’t like April 15th imposed rule of “there can be only one.â€
User avatar
By JediJman
#64121
Just a follow-up to this. If we are enforcing the 1 winner per month, someone ought to tell Michael. He's the lead bidder on two auctions right now and has already won two. :wink:
User avatar
By Michael
#64124
JediJman wrote:Just a follow-up to this. If we are enforcing the 1 winner per month, someone ought to tell Michael. He's the lead bidder on two auctions right now and has already won two. :wink:


Have Retracted my bids, for fairness, until I am told otherwise, however JediJ I think you need to retract your bids as well, seeing you won on Sunday.

NOTE: I am against losing my points, as this is the highest amount I have ever had on here since last year, until the points where handed out I had 9,000 and thats from last year, so I am totally against losing the points - however saying that if we do we.
User avatar
By YAK_Den
#64147
Great discussion guys!

I know nobody feels upset about it... which is great. Our community rocks!

1.) I don't believe in depleting points!

2.) I've talked to most previous winners and they all felt fine not bidding!

3.) Winners will still be able to participate in the YAFFLE!!!

4.) I think limiting auction winners per month is way better than a longer (quarters, year, etc.) limit.

I think we all agree in spreading the wealth! We need to test it out and see if because of this bidding decreases!!! Who knows! I think maybe perhaps too with BIGGER auctions the limit can be lifted for SPECIAL auctions!
User avatar
By JediJman
#64150
Michael wrote:
JediJman wrote:Just a follow-up to this. If we are enforcing the 1 winner per month, someone ought to tell Michael. He's the lead bidder on two auctions right now and has already won two. :wink:


Have Retracted my bids, for fairness, until I am told otherwise, however JediJ I think you need to retract your bids as well, seeing you won on Sunday.

NOTE: I am against losing my points, as this is the highest amount I have ever had on here since last year, until the points where handed out I had 9,000 and thats from last year, so I am totally against losing the points - however saying that if we do we.


Thanks Michael. I think its a bummer that you're stuck with the auctions you won and nothing else until May, but I appear to be out voted on this. :? Thanks for retracting your bids. I think the only new item I bid on was my own auction :wink: and I already retracted that earlier today in case we decided to keep the 1 auction limit.

In the meantime, anyone looking to spend Yakpoints should stop by the Yakstore for a shiny new rank. I've giving mine a wash and wax this afternoon. :D
User avatar
By DnJcustoms
#64164
Oops! Somehow I missed this rule. Given the fact that it's only Wednesday, I highly doubt I'll end up as the winner in the one auction I've been bidding in, so I'll just refrain from further bids.
User avatar
By TB9153
#64168
Captain Pierce wrote:
TB9153 wrote:i do see your point CP but i still see that point of view as totally woe is me. There are only 15 more days in April. And to chastise Den for not "properly" doing anything isn't right. As he has said multiple times, hes got a lot on his plate with all the April frenzy things going on. Perhaps he overlooked it until after a few auctions were already done. Not trying to pick any fights or ruffle any feathers here but being upset you can't win something free because you already won something free doesn't really seem like something we should be discussing. :? Jmans idea would still allow someone to steal an auction from you twice, even though they are left with no yakpoints they still have two prizes and the other side will have nothing.

I know Dens busy and i didn't mean to offend him, i think he's doing a great job.
This was interesting and i know i was sorta against you TB, but in the end i really do have to agree with you so in the end........I believe we should just be thankful and let Den do whatever he thinks is best, Agreed? :D
And what with the End of April a few days away i sorta saw what you were talking about there TB.


:D
User avatar
By YAK_Den
#64178
I do apologize to the winners before this rule!

BUT.... like I said I pretty much touched base with the first round of winners and they all understood about not bidding. I discussed this idea with them PRIOR to even announcing the rule.

Truthfully... if somebody is in that big of an uproar and really wants to bit on something and they won prior to the auction they can talk it up in PM with me for sure. I can understand their frustration and don't want them to feel ran over and mis-guided.

My moral always though is to bid in the now and always bid safe. I don't like bidding late or waiting to miss out on something I might truly want!!!

I can tell you right now not to worry about waiting... we arn't giving away anything BIG (size) or vehicles if that helps releave some stress.

You all have to remember the forum is self-funded and sponsorship has been WAY DOWN so all prizes and auctions as of late have been donated by their respective hosts! That means Chewie has been paying for his stuff, Niktom for his, and I for my own! We're working on a bunch of new UNIQUE sponsors that should allow our community to purchase normal products and then money raised funding the prize closet!
User avatar
By YAK_Den
#64181
TB9153 wrote:i do see your point CP but i still see that point of view as totally woe is me. There are only 15 more days in April. And to chastise Den for not "properly" doing anything isn't right. As he has said multiple times, hes got a lot on his plate with all the April frenzy things going on. Perhaps he overlooked it until after a few auctions were already done. Not trying to pick any fights or ruffle any feathers here but being upset you can't win something free because you already won something free doesn't really seem like something we should be discussing. :? Jmans idea would still allow someone to steal an auction from you twice, even though they are left with no yakpoints they still have two prizes and the other side will have nothing. :D


I agree heavily with this statement!

The rule is One win per month (not 30 days!!!) which can honestly be quite generous considering we do rarely this many auctions in a month to begin with!

Plus the downsidw to Jman's point is that those people that HAVE a ton of points already have an advantage as they can easily outbid those people and just use their points anyways to bid up high! Those points no matter were well earned. Part of the whole frenzy has been to give "new" members a new advantage by giving away points and leveling the playing field! I think we did a great job in that. HECK anybody that feels they don't have enough points should've got some from Niktom by now as well as they can always PM me and preach to the choir!!!

THE BIG THING IS WHAT TB SAID: How odd is it to complain about winning one thing for free but not having a chance to win another thing for free. Find that a bit selfish and unwaranted and agree with TB in that statement. I know if I could win something today (which I don't have that luck) I'd be hugely thankful!!! Take a look at other communities and name one that gives back to the community as much as we have lately! I don't see any other frenzy's going around (nor madnesses!!!)!!!
User avatar
By Michael
#64216
I am fine with what I won, hey it was free, and the best things in life are free, yeah sure I would have liked to win some more this month, but theres always next month.

The only thing I cant and wont agree on is losing the Yakpoints I already have now, I have been on here over a year now in one carnation or another and this is the highest I have had Yakpoints.

However saying this I will go along with mass decision, may not like it, but I will go along with it.
User avatar
By JediJman
#64220
YAK_Den wrote:[HE BIG THING IS WHAT TB SAID: How odd is it to complain about winning one thing for free but not having a chance to win another thing for free. Find that a bit selfish and unwaranted and agree with TB in that statement.


This has been a pretty open and easy discussion about what is fair, when should it be implemented, and how can we best keep up the excitement while making sure we have as many different winners as possible. All in all, I don’t think anyone is remotely upset or complaining or acting selfish in any aspect of this discussion. Everyone seems just fine with whatever is decided and I think we all realize that the intent here is to just have fun. It makes the most sense at this point to just leave the new rule in place and maybe make sure that we maintain the same rules going forward.

Now get out there and bid on Rebel Fleet Trooper auction – it’s going for a fraction of a day’s interest!
User avatar
By babyjawa
#64231
Hehe some of us new guys still have some catching up to do. ;) Man, I can't believe the Lego Slave 1 went for 50,000 points. Crazy amounts of points are flying around..lol.

I think limits are good, but I still have a feeling that people with millions of points have the best chance. :P
User avatar
By YAK_Den
#64256
Michael wrote:I am fine with what I won, hey it was free, and the best things in life are free, yeah sure I would have liked to win some more this month, but theres always next month.

The only thing I cant and wont agree on is losing the Yakpoints I already have now, I have been on here over a year now in one carnation or another and this is the highest I have had Yakpoints.

However saying this I will go along with mass decision, may not like it, but I will go along with it.


The only decision was the ONE WIN PER MONTH RULE (which you lucked out lol!)! We will not get rid of points. I applaud you for speaking up though man!!! I promise you that you still have chances to win!!!

PERHAPS another idea is to post all auctions for the month at the beginning of the month and unlock them as needed so people can plan bids accordingly! We did this with the anniversary.

*NOTE: I am not personally attacking anybody and my thoughts are very generalized. If somebody feels offended by my comments I apologize!

PS: ENTER THE FREAKING CONTESTS GUYS! THERE'S NO LIMITS THERE AND THE EGG ONE IS GIVING AWAY A $20.00 GIFT CARD and TWO FIGURES! THAT'S BETTER THEN THE AUCTIONS! GET WITH IT!!!
User avatar
By Michael
#64259
Den I would go for the EGG contest but I dont celebrate Easter and it would be Hypocritical of me to enter that, I would rather someone who celebrates Easter has that one more chance to win (my religion is Pagan, I celebrate Spring Equinox), its the same reason I didnt enter the Christmas one, I love Christmas but Christmas has a totally diferent meaning to me than what it would to someone who celebrates Christmas as the Christian Holiday, and I would feel Hypocritical entering that as well - although saying that if we do a christmas custom thing this year I already have it done for some unfortunate victim.

And I am sure there will be other competitions I can enter later on.

So I am fine with all the rules at the minute and look forward to next month.
Community fodder box...

Jodo you make a valid point. One box is the way […]

I really want the Rio and Kesel guy! Val actually […]

Sy Snootles Bib Fortuna Droopy McCool Yarna D'al[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Oh yeah, I forgot the parts lists. The head of CT[…]

I just added pics of the 6" scaled resin part[…]

Cane Addis Velken tezeril Fozec Bib fortuna Ama[…]

John Morog Customs

Tree-R Ion cannon neck matchbox tank cast piece on[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk

Hopefully Hasbro got the message with this set. […]