Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By TK1945
This is a project I've always wanted to do if I ever found a beat up GI Joe Mobile Command Center. Earlier this summer I got one with a bunch of other Joes and got to work.

More pics to follow.
By TK1945
I was inspired by the Ralph McQuarrie concept art as well and added a mini hauler vehicle made from a Sgt. Slaughter Triple T. You can also see what looks like a MCC version of a Sandcrawler at the far left

The hauler returns with some scavenged finds.

An old R2 unit is used to operate the crawlers robotic crane arm.
By TK1945
The cockpit. It lights up as well but I couldn't get a good photo of it.

Some detailed views of the Droid bay and Jawas working.

Droid oil bath

Droids for sale

Jawas chilling after a hard days work.
By Incom
Great work, looks like a big project! Love the shots of the Jawas and the droids. Looks like there's a lot of activity going on there!
By TK1945
ghostskull18 wrote:Wow amazing Work! :mrgreen: if you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for the command center?

I got it in a huge lot of 1980s toys for $100. They usually sell in similar condition for around $50 on ebay.

Thanks for the comments guys. For some reason the full pictures are not showing up here. Make sure to right click and click view image for the "widescreen" version. :D
By ghostskull18
TK1945 wrote:
ghostskull18 wrote:Wow amazing Work! :mrgreen: if you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for the command center?

I got it in a huge lot of 1980s toys for $100. They usually sell in similar condition for around $50 on ebay.

Thanks for the comments guys. For some reason the full pictures are not showing up here. Make sure to right click and click view image for the "widescreen" version. :D

Wow you got a very good deal! :wink:
By The Professor
Wow!!! This thing is amazing and definitely has the feel of a Vintage playset. Plus, it looks very much like the cousin of a Sandcrawler!
By JediMerc
This is ridiculously cool! Does this thing come with hydraulics? (Even Jawas need to look cool in their 'hood!)
By TK1945
Thanks for the comments guys. I've still got some work to do on the top section. I'll have to post pics if I ever get back to it. That is if I can ever get it back from my oldest boy. He loves playing with this! lol!

Bazine natal Grummgar Sidon Ithano Knights of Ren […]

Determine the final spot for The Vintage Collectio[…]

Results! 01. Agent Kallus (ISB with armor) 02. He[…]

Tie breaker! Choose who you want to see make it i[…]

Results! 01. Grand Inquisitor 02. Agent Kallus (I[…]

Walmart and TVC

Stopped by a local WM - two fresh cases of wave 1 […]

Thanks Evilivo. Here are the changes and upgrades[…]

3.75 customs

Hi all. I want to share with you a few customs I h[…]