Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
I was actually aout to write my own Battle Pack question. They'll probably just say cost, thats their usual excuse, unless it's exclusives which they'll likely do.

Dear Hasbro

Not Battle Packs are down to three figures, mainly repacks and £14.99 how about some OT triology army builders, Rebel with Fleet Trooper, Hoth Trooper and Endor Trooper, and Imperial Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and Scout trooper. just swap them up a bit, new heads and paint jobs such sideshows grey beard endor commando and a snowtrooper with officer markings; oh and add plenty of extra weapons since they're mainly repacks.
By Paulskywalker
Oh yeah good idea, years ago when i was a member of GH i suggested modular wall piece/floor sets with an exclusive figure.
By YAK_Chewie
I'm thinking plastic walls that around 6 inches tall, half inch thick, and 12 inches long... one being a Death Star one that's two sided, another Tantive IV two sided... each packed with 3 army builders, at TRU... those would sell like crazy! I mentioned this a couple months back at RS, and feedback was very positive... I need to create a mockup for this for a photo, and maybe we can submit and example of this to Hasbro in a Q&A?

Tantive IV - Rebel Fleet Trooper, Mon Calamari Officer, Rebel Heavy Weapons Trooper

Death Star - Imperial Stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper, Scout/Sniper Trooper

Hell, label them as Battlefront 2 environment builder sets...

:wink:
By mobiwan
I would like to know/understand the thought process behind sculpting all new and much improved heads for epI Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, only to put them on kid focused/ action oriented Discover the Force figures instead of giving them to the TVC figureswhere they would have really been appreciated, only to end up as straight repacks. Not only that, but the heads are not even made the same size so simple head swaps are impossible. Kids would not really care about the more accurate faces, where adults would have enjoyed getting this small upgrade in their collectable line.
By YAK_Chewie
mobiwan wrote:I would like to know/understand the thought process behind sculpting all new and much improved heads for epI Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, only to put them on kid focused/ action oriented Discover the Force figures instead of giving them to the TVC figureswhere they would have really been appreciated, only to end up as straight repacks. Not only that, but the heads are not even made the same size so simple head swaps are impossible. Kids would not really care about the more accurate faces, where adults would have enjoyed getting this small upgrade in their collectable line.

Nice question, sounds like a great candidate for the Q&A to me.

:wink:
By Paulskywalker
I don't think it would be a good question as it is obvious, the whole of the light up figure is new so there the heads were purposefully made for them and thus would logically be an improvement on the previous, it makes sense as to why they have those heads; i feel it would be a completely wasted question as we already know why.
By mobiwan
Paulskywalker wrote:I don't think it would be a good question as it is obvious, the whole of the light up figure is new so there the heads were purposefully made for them and thus would logically be an improvement on the previous, it makes sense as to why they have those heads; i feel it would be a completely wasted question as we already know why.

That doesn't answer the question why they couldn't have made the heads to fit with the TVC Qui-gon & Obi-wan bodies too? Very few if any adults are going to really want to hunt down these "light up" figures. These are directed straight at the kids. No kid is going to look at their heads and go "wow that looks like an amazing new head, I'll get this." The sales of this figure will not be effected by the new head sculpt. The light up saber is the gimic. They won't care about the head. And most adult collectors are not going to care about this poorly articulated figure, minus the hardcore customizers. But had Hasbro put a new head sculpt on the 2 TVC figures, I promise you the interest and sales of those figures would have doubled. And that's my question. I understand that Hasbro seems to think doing all new head sculpts these days are easier or more cost effective for new figures, AKA Han & Luke, even when a great sculpt is already out there. But I see it as a wasted effort on their part really.
By Paulskywalker
My point being is that yes we assume Kids don't care about head detail but when the sculptor was making the light up figures he didn't go oh these are just for kids he just made them to the best sculpt he could do, and so mean't better heads than the TVC versions. The reason there on these heads are on them is because their made as part of them and it was easy for Hasbro to just straight repack the TVC ones; yes a new head might have been nice if you assume most fans aren't happy with the existing heads; but what am getting at is the answer will get from Hasbro is just what i said above and would be waist of a question considering it is a logical deduction for the answer you want.
By Grimace
Hasbro, will the SDCC Exclusive Carbon Freezing Chamber Multipack be easier to get than last year's Revenge of the Jedi set?
have you made enough to satisfy demand? Have any changes been implemented after the disaster of HTS site crashing and few folks being able to log in to order the exclusives last year?
By kenkraly2004
Dear Hasbro , Where is kitster? He is one of the episode 1
characters from the vintage collection that has not come out yet. When will we get Kitster on a vintage collection card? Give us Kitster please hasbro. Thanks.
By Paulskywalker
Dear Hasbro

Please cancel these as this is not the direction 3 3/4 inch figures should be going, this is back to the 70s not forward into the 21st century; when toy aisles and sci fi shops are full of the most amazing and detailed figures we've seen this is just shameful work. I can't believe you wasted tooling costs on these when it could have gone to making something so much better, it's the same with your gimmicks like fighter pods etc they never sell and the costing is wasted instead of concentrating on making the core lines something to be proud of in the toy aisle. Repacks would have been better than these, doubt kids will want these; you'll get lucky though and your plan of snaring parents and Grandparents will work!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/paul7819/mhbpwv2_w.jpg
TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

I agree with Lance and Jodo here, that there is a […]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]

There are so many awesome submissions this round. […]

Uncle Milton Star Wars Skulls

I know a guy that bought a box online. I think it[…]