Marvel, Transformers, Mighty Muggs, Titaniums, Galactic Heroes, Unleashed, Role Playing and more

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Our eagle-eyed, astromech aficionado friends at The Astromech Collection have noticed that in the recent press imagery for the new Star Wars Weekends Jedi Mickey Starfighter a new R2-MK can be seen that uses the Droid Factory/Build-A-Droid sculpt. No word if this is included with the starfighter or if it is part of a new assortment of B.A.D. parts that will be available at the park.

By YAK_Jayson
Our friend Brian at EndorExpress.net has alerted us to the news that the Droid Factory/Build-A-Droid attraction has been added to Disneyland in California. You can check out the image above at Mousewait.com.
By Paulskywalker
So wish they had these in Disney store, i hope wen they start stocking SW in their stores they do.
By AaylaSecurasMan
Took the family for a Disney vacation in Florida, my son and I were able to build 6 droids at the Droid Factory, we also rode Star Tours 3 times :D
Attachments
BAD2.JPG
BAD2.JPG (148 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
BAD1.JPG
BAD1.JPG (155.03 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
By AaylaSecurasMan
darth_sidious wrote:Awesome - I imagine that was a lot of fun - my brother and his family are there right now! I sorta wish I could have gone myself. :P

Yes, we had a lot of fun, the variety on the droid parts was not very extensive, but at the end we were happy what we were able to build. Thanks!
By Paulskywalker
See it would cost me a fortune if i went, i'd have to have one of every piece available and any other 3 3/4 inch related items. :D
By AaylaSecurasMan
Paulskywalker wrote:See it would cost me a fortune if i went, i'd have to have one of every piece available and any other 3 3/4 inch related items. :D

I agree Paul, it can get very expensive, you see ~$66 with tax right there on those six droids :?
By Paulskywalker
Jeez that's bad! :?
By Jodo
My family is taking me to Disney over the summer, and I know already I'm going to buy four droids. I'll get an all black R6 unit, a yellow/white R8, and a blue domed R9 (yet to decide on the body color). However I can't decided what to get for my fourth droid. I could always save the few dollars, but come on! More droids are always welcome. :wink: So what do you guys things? What kind of astromech should I pick up as my fourth droid? :?:
By Jodo
I'm currently on the road to Florida right now, and I think I have decided to get 6 droids now. My R6, R8,and R9 as mentioned above, but I think I'm gonna also get a black/white R5 like the one in the Hoth hanger, as well as a pair of R2 units, which will be yellow and red like the ones seen on the Royal Naboo starship!
By Jodo
Well, Downtown Disney wasn't to fun of a stop. I got a yellow R8 and my yellow R2, however they were missing parts for the other four astromechs I wanted. >< They didn't have any black domes whatsoever, no R3 domes, very few R4 and R7 domes, no red bodies, no blue R9 domes, and not one R2-D2 part. Plus the guy helping was not very helpful in the slightest.
By Jodo
I finally got all the droids I needed at MGM yesterday. The attendant there was super helpful, and found everything I needed for me that wasn't in the main bins. Also, if you spend more than $25 you can buy the Star Tours 3-packs for $10 each, so I picked up four of them. The icing on the cake!!!
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Forum member vikingrobot also messaged me today […]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

My understanding is there's 1-2 more waves planned[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

I think there's a lot of jaded, blind bias in this[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]