TVC Variants

Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

TDS1972
Midi-Chlorian

TVC Variants

Postby TDS1972 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Hey...
There are a couple of variants I need for my carded VC. TO date, I have about 210 carded and am an avid variant hunter, but I just can't find anyone that has a picture of the VC20 Yoda (double layered coat/shiny face). I have the clean and dirty coat and the Canadian ROTJ card, but need this "shiny Face" one now. Does anyone have a pic of the back of the card please so I know what to look out for...?

I am slowly getting through the VC15 Clones - have about 7 carded now, and have finally completed the Luke Endor Capture/Jedi Knight card variants, but the ones that are evading me are the VC20 as above and the short neck Weequay...
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: TVC Variants

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm more of a loose collector personally so I don't have a lot of details here but as for the "short neck Weequay" does that mean there is a version with a shorter neck peg?

:wink:
TDS1972
Midi-Chlorian

Postby TDS1972 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Yeah - the 1st issue Hasbro thought the neck peg was too long so they did a running change, but it is really hard to tell unless you see it loose, and as I am a carded collector I can never tell :?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon May 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Have you looked on ebay for pics of the Yoda?

Also does this GH image help? http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/ ... an-variant

:wink:
TDS1972
Midi-Chlorian

Postby TDS1972 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah looked at ebay but not many sellers upload pics of the reverse of the card. Most (if not all) running changes also mean the card back has been changed so I tend to go on the back of the card. It's like the VC15 Clone - there are loads of variants - upside down belts, yellow helmets, stripes, no stripes, clear card image, blurred card - it gets a bit too much sometimes.

Yeah, seen that GH page but doesn't show what I am after. The running changes, if they are major like Kithaba red/brown bandana, get a lot of press, but the less known ones, like the Luke Dagobah sabre differences, the AT-RT back pack on card or on bubble, etc., tend to only be known by collectors....

Return to “TVC & SOTDS: The Vintage Collection & Shadow of the Dark Side”