Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Delaton
I was sitting next to Dan Curto at C3 when he took the photos of the slideshow. The Epic Continues figures from '85 to '87 were intended to be smaller scale to match those of the Mask line. Hasbro wanted to reduce the size of things to reduce costs.

The Mini-Rig concepts are cool. Funny how they kitbash things. It's not much different than some of us customizers do today when building things for dioramas.
By Niktom
Delaton wrote:I was sitting next to Dan Curto at C3 when he took the photos of the slideshow. The Epic Continues figures from '85 to '87 were intended to be smaller scale to match those of the Mask line. Hasbro wanted to reduce the size of things to reduce costs.

Wow! :shock: That would have sucked BIG TIME! I think that might would have killed the line. Don't get me wrong, the MASK toys were fantastic, especially the vehicles. But dang, Star Wars? NO SIR!

I'm sure part of their reasoning was that more environments, playsets and vehicles could be produced at much lower price points but I still don't think it would pan out well. Makes me glad the line ended as it did.
By Darth Wolven
Niktom wrote:
Wow! :shock: That would have sucked BIG TIME! I think that might would have killed the line. Don't get me wrong, the MASK toys were fantastic, especially the vehicles. But dang, Star Wars? NO SIR!

I'm sure part of their reasoning was that more environments, playsets and vehicles could be produced at much lower price points but I still don't think it would pan out well. Makes me glad the line ended as it did.

Great to see someone else who remembers the MASK toys. :D I have a lot of MASK toys like Rhino, Goliath, Thunder Hawk, Raven, Bulldoze, Outlaw, Manta etc all in great to exellent condition, but I would never part with any of them.
By frosty
wow, never seen those, that blockade runner was cool, i'd have loved one of those.
I remember my mask toys fondly, and the comic they put out, happy days, lol
By StooperZero
X-Wing Luke - I actually had that figure! It was like some Playschool figure that came with some space ship... anybody else remember that guy? He may not have been exactly like that, but I do remember the head and arms.
I think he may be a kit-bash using this Fisher Price Adventure Figure.

I forgot about this thread..

Yea that goofy xwing luke came with some stupid space shuttle, the plastic he was made of was crap too. I think i smashed him with a hammer.

I might take some pics today, have to make some new shelves since my vintage stuff is getting outof control :mrgreen:
By StooperZero
theres a number of mini-rigs they scrapped as well ... basically crap is yardsale finds now . most sold off to knock-off companies

Movakko and crew The Nikto Movakko could be call[…]

Community fodder box...

will need Lance Quazar address:P. Thanks, roro[…]

Asajj Ventress in Ball Gown p64 / Index p1

Thanks so much, Chewie! Formerly wanted by both t[…]

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]