Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Warsaw
REBELS/JOE JOHNSTON MODIFIED AT-DP WALKER

It's finally finished. I started working on this modified AT-DP vehicle in October of 2014. Some weeks I put less than an hour into this custom and other weeks I managed to work a few hours on it. The drawing that the AT-DP from Star Wars: Rebels is based on was designed by Joe Johnston during production of The Empire Strikes Back. It was one of my favorites in the old ESB Sketchbook but I never thought I'd see it come to life about 35 years later in an animated series, let alone a Hasbro toy. I was disappointed that Hasbro had to utilize hallow legs for the toy, so I covered the legs up with styrene and added other greeblies and fodder pieces to create a modified design.

Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.
Image.
Image.

The AT-DP Pilot is a kitbash with a cast of a helmet I created using Fixit Sculpt in 2007.

Recipe:

Helmet: Custom (Fixit)
Torso: TAC McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
Belt: Legacy Comic Pack - Antares Draco
Upper Arms: TVC Naboo Royal Guard
Forearms: TVC B-Wing Pilot
Gloves: TAC McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
Legs/Pelvis: TVC Naboo Royal Guard

Image.

Image.Image

Work In Progress Images

Image.
Image.
Last edited by Warsaw on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By Warsaw
Sorry that I haven't posted any updates to my diorama that I intend to make for this AT-DP vehicle. House projects and job searching have taken up my spare time. You all know how guilty you can feel working on toy customs when real life demands your attention.
Anyway, here is a pic of a few random junk parts I used to help modify my AT-DP.

1. Orange plastic ring is the safety ring from a Gatorade bottle cap. I cut it into fours and used it under the walker's foot.
2. The pink rectangle is from a random Star Wars package twist-tie fastener. I used two of them for the walker's foot.
3. The white nylon ring was purchased at a hardware store. Placed on the inside of the walker's knee to add detail and to hide the raised Hasbro copyright lettering I sanded off.

By Warsaw
WAMPA - Repainted Hasbro Force Link 2.0 Figure, 3.75-inch scale

11-18-18

The heavily yellowed fur and bloodied maw paint job on the 2018 Hasbro retail Wampa bugged me.
I bought the Wampa with Hoth Luke figure in April 2018 at Target and I had to open it because of the upgrade in articulation and the fact that the face sculpt looked inspired by The Empire Strikes Back set puppet. I considered repainting him, but it wasn't until I watched the Lost Empire Strikes Back Documentary by Michael Parbot on YouTube, that really got me inspired to do so.
The set prop Wampa slashing arm and the full-size set costume clearly shows tan colored leathery palms.
This new Hasbro Wampa sculpt appears to be an amalgam of the puppet that 'attacks' Luke on his Tauntaun and the tall, full set costume worn by Des Webb.

I used mostly Testors: Model Master Acrylic flat paints and a few Reaper Miniatures acrylic paint colors

Fur Base coat: Testors Model Master - Dark Gull Gray
Under coat: Testors MM - Camouflage Gray
Top coat: Testors MM - Flat White (and a few strokes of whitened yellow)

All fair points. And there is no arguing the beau[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Forum member vikingrobot also messaged me today […]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

My understanding is there's 1-2 more waves planned[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]

There are so many awesome submissions this round. […]