Image Image Image Image Image

TLJ Purchases and Finds

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Re: TLJ Purchases and Finds

Postby Lance Quazar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 am

Huh. Amongst the very picked over shelves tonight at my local TRU, I found a Kylo Ren.

Last purchase until Black Series. Whoo!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 am

Well, speaking of A-Wings...My old POTF version's landing gear mechanism snapped last night, it's not a total break but this honestly kinda sucked. :? :roll: :x
Attachments
image.jpeg
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Had to make a trip for spray paint at Walmart and surprise! They had the WM 3.75" BS wave. Oddly enough 3 Lukes, 3 Roses, and only 1 of each guard. Surprised someone picked them up but not Luke. Haven't opened them yet but the paint apps on the FO execution are horrible. So, obviously no improvement there. Hope this issue is addressed once the VC is back.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Paint apps on the executioner/judicator look like something from a Prince video.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Not good to see reports of them with bad paint apps.

The ones I've seen pics of so far look pretty good, so maybe it's hit or miss...?

:wink:
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 pm

The Executioner would have been cooler if it was all black like a Shadow or Death Trooper, instead of the racing stripe.
JawaKing
Droid

Postby JawaKing » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:08 am

I opened my BB Droid Factory set from the Disney parks today, and they are totally cool. The sphere bodies are weighted (Weebles-style) and the 2 casing halves come apart revealing a droid "core." The heads are also removable. Each core is colored different for each droid. BB-8 is the same mold as the single carded version, but the body has weathered paint, and the paint apps on the head dome are different, most notable is less silver paint around the eyes and short antenna. 2BB-2 and BB-4 share the same body sculpt, which is detailed different than that of BB-8. Both of these droids seem to be colored different than the character photos on the package, and could use some weathering. The heads are the same mold, save an additional "roof" piece glued only above BB-4's eye. BB-9E of course has a unique body sculpt and head, and a black core with some blue details.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 am

JawaKing wrote:I opened my BB Droid Factory set from the Disney parks today, and they are totally cool. The sphere bodies are weighted (Weebles-style) and the 2 casing halves come apart revealing a droid "core." The heads are also removable. Each core is colored different for each droid. BB-8 is the same mold as the single carded version, but the body has weathered paint, and the paint apps on the head dome are different, most notable is less silver paint around the eyes and short antenna. 2BB-2 and BB-4 share the same body sculpt, which is detailed different than that of BB-8. Both of these droids seem to be colored different than the character photos on the package, and could use some weathering. The heads are the same mold, save an additional "roof" piece glued only above BB-4's eye. BB-9E of course has a unique body sculpt and head, and a black core with some blue details.

Interesting. I'd love to see pics. I find the BB design boring to begin with so the set seemed like an easy pass. Having additional features though adds value IMO. At least to becomes less of an "accessory pack".
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 am

I LOVE Astro droids...I have no dersire to ever collect BB units.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Let's see some loose pics of these cool features please!

GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Well, last night I did quite the sweep of retailers for that elusive 5POA Luke. First I went to K-Mart, which was completely saddening walking in there, I felt like I went back in time by 10 years. :lol: They actually had every figure from the wave except Luke

Then I checked Kohls and to my utter dismay figures are priced $11.99 there, I would've paid that price for Luke but c'mon!

Then I went over to TRU which they actually did get a restock since FF but Luke was probably the first to go, so I struck out there.

My final stop was Target and they didn't have Luke either, so I got the Boba/Han pack because the 2-packs are on sale for $12.99 at Target right now, the Boba is probably the best sculpted Boba Fett action figure ever. :x
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
JawaKing
Droid

Postby JawaKing » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:29 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Let's see some loose pics of these cool features please!

Attachments
bb1.jpg
bb1.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
bb2.jpg
bb2.jpg (53.23 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
JawaKing
Droid

Postby JawaKing » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I have them mixed up already. This is the single carded BB-8 in the pics. The wobble feature doesn't show, but they stand upright without a base, or a flat spot like Hasbro's. The wobble feature animates them so they aren't just props, and the removable parts give them play value. They have more weight that an astromech figure, even though they are smaller.
bb3.jpg
bb3.jpg (63.71 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Last edited by JawaKing on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Very happy with my SA versions of Luke and Rose.

Here's hoping the movie does them justice.
UKHistory
Scavenger

Postby UKHistory » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Love the bb units. Bb8 should not be the only one out there

Hit Walmart and there was an unopened black series Luke wave. Got two of each and thrilled. Have not got single 5poa Luke or Rey

Would like to get the playset. If this is here there could easily be a Death Star made as well. Wonder if the bb8 is based on a Death Star model that hasbro elected to nyt use.

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”