Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
We know there is an apparent SDCC TVC exclusive planned this year...

JTA posted an article today that got me thinking... if Dr. Aphra is somehow part of the exclusive, would this be a cool set?

I think it would, and falls pretty much in line with what one would expect from a Hasbro offering at SDCC...

Thoughts?

Note: The droids are based off press images of Kotobukiya product.

:wink:
By ImperialOfficer
I agree, although if they did I would hope that the droids wuold be available single carded.
By darth_sidious
None of those figures scream TVC, so instead, how about... a comic pack! I wouldn't mind seeing those return, and SDCC is an optimum venue to bring it back and distribute it. Cant say I'd be hyped for these characters per say, but a return of comic packs perhaps as a retailer exclusive would be fun.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, I'd be in favor of comic packs too, just threw this out there to coincide with the TVC theme that apparently is coming as an SDCC exclusive.

As for other TVC exclusive ideas... what if there was a retail version of POTF Anakin that was "full body flesh" but an exclusive counterpart in "ghost see through form?'

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=dis ... m_id=48425

By dj121
It would be an SDCC exclusive I would be okay with passing on.
By darthapathy
Hopefully it's not a much needed/wanted update like Imperial Dignitary (Sim Aloo). I can see them make an updated POTF version of him with a coin. I suppose if they release a basic version without the coin in general release that would be okay.
By darth_sidious
darthapathy wrote:Hopefully it's not a much needed/wanted update like Imperial Dignitary (Sim Aloo). I can see them make an updated POTF version of him with a coin. I suppose if they release a basic version without the coin in general release that would be okay.

If Sim Aloo were an SDCC exclusive, many of the thousands of collectors that voted for him in the Fans Choice Poll would be pissed, especially if it weren't repacked in TVC. I'm honestly hoping whatever the exclusive is comes down to special packaging, since so many of us don't have access to SDCC exclusives.
By darth_sidious
The 6 inch line regularly pisses me off - I wanna know where my 3.75 vested General Leia from TFA is, when the 6 inch line gets one! It seems like the 6 inch TBS line gets exclusive characters / outfits, when 3.75 is the foundation for all collecting.

Perhaps the SDCC exclusive can be a multipack of 3.75 figures that were done for 6 inch exclusively. TFA General Leia, Holdo, Inferno Squad TIE Pilot, Jaina Solo, etc. I'll happily buy it if HTS puts up enough stock!
By YAK_Chewie
I have no problem with exclusives that are only different because of special packaging, or a paint variation - but when you can only get specific figures or accessories that way, it does irk me a lot.

Also, it hasn't been announced but I am sure that a 3.75" SA General Leia will be coming in the TVC line, as will TFA Han Solo in his traditional smuggler outfit.

By darthvlad
YAK_Chewie wrote:I have no problem with exclusives that are only different because of special packaging, or a paint variation - but when you can only get specific figures or accessories that way, it does irk me a lot.

I agree. I think what they did with the recent exclusives (Landspeeder, Jyn, Obi-Wan, and Thrawn, etc) was ideal. Boba/Han sucks... and the McQuarrie exclusives would fit in there though I was able to get them.
By darthvlad
YAK_Chewie wrote:See, I hate how they did Obi Wan... I wanted that holo table with Leia.

:?

True. That is a cool pack in. That should have been packaged like retail exclusives at Target, Walmart and TRU (Throne Room Kylo, Throne Room Snoke, etc).
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Forum member vikingrobot also messaged me today […]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

My understanding is there's 1-2 more waves planned[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

I think there's a lot of jaded, blind bias in this[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]