Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By darthapathy
Great job on the Imperial Warbot. It really has that vintage look and feel to it. What scale is the droid? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture as to how big it's really supposed to be.
By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks muchly, darthapathy. The Warbot is 1:18 scale, but stands about 6" tall - the art in the classic Marvel comics and Droid World indicates that they are the best part of twice as tall as Threepio, hence the oversized version here.

As a comparison, here is my den of custom droids with the Warbot standing roughly the same height as my 6" Droids style Threepio and towering over 3.75" scale astromechs.

A much higher resolution version of the above can be found here if interested.
Thanks heaps, johnmorog.

Prior to their first in-canon appearance in the Third Season of The Clone Wars, the Nightsisters of Dathomir appeared in the LucasArts game Jedi Alliance. Concept art of the Nightsisters for the game shows much more colourful costuming than would later appear in other media.

Recipe:

* my own cast of The Hobbit Tauriel's head
* my own cast of Dragonball Evolution Bulma's torso and arms
* my own cast of Avengers: Age Of Ultron Scarlet Witch's legs
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Bleached Bone", "Ice Blue", "Liche Purple", "Mephiston Red", "Averland Sunset", "Chaos Black", "Codex Grey" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
For Ahsoka Tano's appearance in Rebels as Fulcrum, several costume concepts were investigated before settling on the version seen on screen. One such costume featured much the same colour scheme but with more armour pieces and a Twi'lek style head wrapping and bound lekku.

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Clone Trooper Hevy in Training Armour
* Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S female blank's head, forearms and lower legs
* modelling clay
* Citadel "Bronzed Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Regal Blue", "Zandri Dust", "Scorched Brown", "Snake Bite Leather", "Mephiston Red" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks so much as always, Chewie.

Early concepts for the crew of Rogue One featured several characters who didn't make the final film, but had analogues who did... with one exception. That character, Jerris Kestal, appears in concept art wearing camouflage armour and wielding a sniper rifle.

Recipe:

* Rebels Kanan Jarrus's head
* GI Joe Rise Of Cobra Snake Eyes
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Scorched Brown", "Mithril Silver", "Mournfang Brown", "Waaagh Flesh" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
Early concepts for the crew of Rogue One featured a pair of aliens named Senna and Lunak. Senna, who eventually morphed into the character Moroff (who in turn inspired a different character called Senna who appeared in the Kessel mines in Solo) was described as "massive - a Chewie type", while Lunak was described as "something that could skitter into an air duct, almost like a little thief". While neither of the characters eventually appeared on screen, they inspired the characters who eventually became Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus.

Senna Recipe:

* a cheap 5" wrestler figure
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Camo Green", "Waaagh Flesh", "Zandri Dust", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Mithril Silver" paints

Lunak Recipe:

* Saga Collection Yoda
* modelling clay
* Citadel "Scorched Brown", "Mournfang Brown", "Chaos Black", "Averland Sunset", "Bugman's Glow", "Mithril Silver" paints

By Evilivo
Nice character duo! Some of these conceptrs are very cool and it would have been nice to have them in the movies.
By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks muchly, Evilivo. I agree that a lot of the concept art for the Disney-era films is noticably better in a lot of examples (for The Force Awakens in particular) than what ended up on screen. At least Lucasfilm has a history of recycling old ideas for future media so there is still every chance that we will see some of these ideas come to fruition.

After serving 12 years in the Spice mines of Kessel, Fugas Fandita joined the Mining Guild and was stationed on Vandor. He often visited The Lodge saloon in Fort Ypso with his co-workers at the end of his shift.

Recipe:

* Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers figure
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Rotting Flesh", "Zandri Dust", "Bugman's Glow", "Bleached Bone", "Scorpion Green", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Mithril Silver" paints

You are too kind, Jodo.

Attack Of The Clones concept artist Michael Patrick Murnane designed the look for Dexter Jettster and his cook droid, although the droid did not end up on screen.

This 3.75" scale figure was designed in Tinkercad and 3D printed on an Ender 3 with PLA at .01mm layer height and 70% infill. The STL file suitable for printing can be found on my DeviantArt page here.

Thanks so much, Chewie. There are some more 3D designed printed pieces coming in the near future.

Had the Star Wars: Battlefront 4 game progressed, it would have featured role-reversed and alternate takes on characters from the films, such as Jedi becoming Sith and vice-versa. One such concept was a redeemed Vader clad in Jedi robes with exposed respirator and mechno-arm.

Recipe:

* my own cast of Vintage Collection Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader's head
* my own cast of The Force Awakens Sarco Plank's legs
* my own cast of Rogue One Hovertank Pilot's upper torso
* Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers figure's torso and arms
* Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker's right forearm
* Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker's left hand
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Dwarf Flesh", "Bugman's Glow", "Scorched Brown", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Codex Grey", "Boltgun Metal", "Dwarf Bronze" paints

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

I agree with Lance and Jodo here, that there is a […]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Your customs are great and your displays/dioramas […]

DarthSinister's Customs

These are terrific! SUPER scary! Right in time f[…]

There are so many awesome submissions this round. […]

Uncle Milton Star Wars Skulls

I know a guy that bought a box online. I think it[…]

They look great! I can't wait to see them finishe[…]