Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

This week Yak's Top Ten 2018 turns its attention on: The Vintage Collection: Playsets (All media)

Rules:
    Pick up to 10 figures you’d like to see done in 4” The Vintage Collection scale.
      If submissions have more than ten entries, only the first ten will be considered!
      Do not list multipacks as a single entry
      Only one vote per character
    All figures are eligible, whether it’s a new figure, a repaint, re-issue, deluxe, etc.
    Feel free to add descriptions to any of your choices, such as pack-ins.
    A tie-breaker will be done to determine #10 if more than one character gets the same votes!
Have fun!
Ok, because Hasbro farted around so long and GTP Toys has fulfilled many of my Death Star needs, and over the years I've purchased some amazing commission playsets, my list is in a different order than I'd otherwise arrange them... But here we go....

And I went with big playsets, but am perfectly content with modular ones that that connect together.

1 - TESB Bespin World (upscaled vintage micro playset focusing on freeze chamber and gantry area)
2 - ROTJ Death Star Palpatine throne room
3 - TESB Cloud City (public access hallways with dining area, room where C3PO gets shot, Ugnaught incinerator room)
4 - ANH Death Star World (upscaled vintage micro playset)
5 - ANH Tantive IV
6 - TESB Star Destroyer bridge
7 - ANH Mos Eisley Cantina
8 - Imperial Turbo Laser Tower
9 - ROTJ Jabba's Palace
10 - TPM Theed Palace

:wink:
I'm going to try to replicate the theme Hasbro is going with:

1.) ROTJ - Death Star Throne Room: with Sim Aloo & Emperor

2.) ESB - Yoda's hut: with Yoda & Bogwing creature

3.) ROTJ - Jabba's audience chamber: with Cane Adiss & Jawa w/ fan

4.) CW - Dathomir temple: with Talzin & Spider Maul

5.) ANH - Cantina: with Tzizvvt & Arleil Schous

6.) TFA - Resistance base w/ holo table: with Connix & General Leia Organa (vest)

That's what I could think of thus far!
Here are a few ideas that I would like to see. Some of them I would be okay with as environmental pieces like the upcoming Jabba's Palace, some modular, and some complete environments. I'm including figures to be packed in with all the playsets. I personally don't need them to be carded but if they are, no big deal.

1) Cantina-main [ANH] bar, distillery, stools, entrance and floor. Pack-in: Updated and more articulated Wuher
2) Cantina-Alcove[ANH] Various alcoves with table and chairs. Pack-in: Two patrons; one completely new, one update or repack
3) Cantina-bandstand [ANH] Basically the bandstand area. Pack-in: All the Modal Nodes and their instruments
4) Rebel Base; Yavin IV [ANH] Full playset divided into three "play" areas. Area one is the Briefing Room with chairs for the pilots. Area two is the War room with tactical table and screens. Area three is medal ceremony area. Pack-in: General Dodonna; Ceremony (updated with more articulation), Commander Bob Hudsol and the rumored Voren Na'al we were supposed to get.
5) Echo Base Command Center [TESB] Computer terminals, chairs, and tactical screens. Pack-in: Updated with more articulation General Rieeken.
6) Echo Base Medical suite [TESB] Divided into two areas, one area for the bacta tank and the other is the recovery room. Pack-in: Updated 2-1B
7) Cloud City-main[TESB] Cloud City hallways, dining room, smelting room, detention area and turbolift. Pack-in: Lobot (updated with more articulation) and Wing Guard (mustache)
8) Cloud City-carbon freeze chamber [TESB] Updated version of the POTJ one without laser cannon. Pack-in: Ugnaught
9) Home One Briefing Room [ROTJ] briefing room complete with holoprojector table. Pack-in: Updated with more articulation General Madine
10) Ewok Village [ROTJ] Basically an updated version of the Vintage one. A simple platform with three or four huts and all the other accessories needed for the scene. Pack-in: Ewok elder (pipe smoker) and Maternal Ewok with Woklings (one Nippet repaint and one standing).
01. Darth Vader's Star Destroyer (Executor) (TESB)
02. Kaminoan Military Complex (AOTC)
03. Well of the Darkside (Mortis) (TCW)
04. Massassi Temple (Yavin Ceremony) (ANH)
05. Home One (Rebel Commander Center) (ROTJ)
06. Tusken Raider Camp (AOTC)
07. Wookiee Outpost (ROTS)
08. Mos Espa Podrace Arena (TPM)
09. Imperial Medical Chamber (ROTS)
10. Bright Tree or Ewok Village (ROTJ)
I didn't think there would be that many playsets I'd want, but after looking at other lists and thinking about it, there would be quite a few I'd be interested in. I like the figure pack-ins as well (though I won't count those in the tally).
So without further ado, my top ten:

01. Bespin: Carbon Freeze Chamber with Captain Bewil and Yoxgit
02. Death Star II: Emperor Palpatine's Throne Room with Sim Aloo and Emperor Palpatine
03. Coruscant: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's Office with Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker
04. Death Star: Chasm: with Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper belt) and Princess Leia Organa (with garbage stains)
05. Death Star: Detention Block AA-23 with Lt. Shann Childsen and Stormtrooper Han
06. Bespin Gantry with Luke Skywalker (Battle Damaged) and Darth Vader
07. Bespin Control Room (Luke Skywalker) and Ugnaught
08. Executor Bridge with Admiral Piett. AV-6R7, and Commander Gherent
09. Mos Eisley Cantina: Bar with Wuher, Brea and Senni Tonnika (or D'ulin Sisters)
10. Mos Eisley Cantina: Alcove with cantina patron (with running change)

And others:
Mos Eisley Bandstand with Modal Nodes
Death Star Bridge with Governor Tarkin and Sergeant Torent
Death Star Conference Room with Admiral Motti and General Romodi
In no particular order.

1. Death Star halls and accessories.
2. Cantina
3. Ewok Village
4. Jabba's Palace. More walls and floors.
5. Blockade Runner halls
6. Echo Base
7. Dagobah
8. Any generic hangar pieces

Not unlike, GTP, I would love to buy kits of walls, floors, and accessories. If they sold generic walls I would buy several kits. Like out a Cantina bar with carded Wuher for $50, then sell the seating alcoves on their own for $25. I'll buy 10!
In no particular order.

1. Death Star halls and accessories.
2. Cantina
3. Ewok Village
4. Jabba's Palace. More walls and floors.
5. Blockade Runner halls
6. Echo Base
7. Dagobah
8. Any generic hangar pieces

Not unlike, GTP, I would love to buy kits of walls, floors, and accessories. If they sold generic walls I would buy several kits. Like out a Cantina bar with carded Wuher for $50, then sell the seating alcoves on their own for $25. I'll buy 10!
1.Echo Base w/ War room,Tauntaun´s lair and Medical Center
2.Tantive IV w/ Main Corridor,cockpit and Pods Hallway
3.Jabba´s Palace w/ Audience room,Dungeons and rancor pit
4.Chalmun´s Cantine w/ Mos Eisley streets and Docking Bay 94
5.Cloud City / Carbon Freeze chamber,guests and dinning room and prison facilities
6.Death Star w/ Conference room (both Tarkin and Palpatine),Prison and Control room
7.Yavin IV War room
8.Endor Bunker w/corridors and control room
9.Ewok Village
10.Maz´s Castle
This one is kind of difficult just because it's so wide open. And there's also the matter of which scenes have never gotten playset treatment and may be deserving, while others have gotten playsets that were not up to the task.

Running through this in Episodic order:

-ROTS - EM-PAL MEDICAL FACILITY - The birth of Vader scene
-SOLO - FORT YPSO - THE LODGE - Bar, Sabacc table & droid fighting pit
-ROGUE ONE - SCARIF CITADEL - Landing pad, exterior blast door, vault & data storage tower, control room, antenna
- A NEW HOPE - MOS EISLEY CANTINA - Alcove seating, bandstand, bar & distillery
- A NEW HOPE - DEATH STAR - Modern take on vintage Kenner Death Star - Turbo laser, elevator, command center, detention block, trash compactor, blast door & hangar floor
-TESB - ECHO BASE - Command Center, Ion Cannon, trenches and hangar deck
-TESB - CLOUD CITY - Updated Carbon Freeze Chamber, hallway with window & gantry
-ROTJ - IMPERIAL THRONE ROOM - Throne Room, stairs, etc
-TFA - MAZ KANATA'S CASTLE - Entrance, tavern area, vault
-TLJ - AHCH-TO ISLAND - Jedi steps, village/stone shelters, tree, cave
Yakfinities #72 - Vote Now

What are "Imperial scavengers"?

Custom by nighthawk

Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough on[…]

Very nice scores Chewie! 9.99 for that AT-ST and 2[…]

1. The Max Rebo Band 2. Jabba's Denizens 3. Cantin[…]

The Kill Or the Thrill of The Chase?

I actually enjoy the chase, especially when I'm se[…]

Yakfinities #71 - CONCEPT SERIES