Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By johnmorog
darthvlad wrote:Nice job on Maron Namony. Love the look... would love to learn how to make custom clothing someday. The way the helmet is sitting on him reminded me of the helmets of the Visitor Shocktroopers from V back in the day and how I wish they would have had a line of figures from that show especially the shuttlecraft/fighter.

I love the story of GNK-O. She looks like she'd fit in on Kessel. I love the design, too.

Thanks! The cloth upper part was a lot less difficult than I thought (plus it's just superglue, no sewing). I have a pattern for a good tunic I'll have to scan sometime. I finally got an officer's cap for him, but I did like how the visor sat so low :)

Evilivo wrote:Well, that's strange, I saw that Mudtrooper officer and thought I commented on him. Did you show him in any Facebook group? He is a pretty cool character and your custom is superb! The muddy paintjob on the coat is quite good.
The droid is fun, reminds me a bit of a post office box :) Clever use of parts here.

Yup, I posted him in a Star Wars custom group and in the "3 & 3/4 inch action figure community" group. lol I can see that!

Utinniii wrote:Great Gonk (and other creations). I had a bunch I wanted to do but didn't have time for.
It looks like it would fit in the SW universe. I like your color choice as well.
I had the same idea for the legs, but for a different style of droid) that I'm hoping to finish before December ends.
I also borrowed your tank tread idea for a recent project.

I saw those treadwells in the yakfinities thread. they are among my favorite submissions thus far! I have two more droids I have almost finished and I hope to get them done before the yakfinities ends as well...
By johnmorog
Posted in the buy/sell section, too but sometimes I think stuff there goes overlooked...

Looking for the following 3.75" parts for customs to buy/trade for:
TVC Fordo phase 1 helmet OR 30th (TAC) red clone officer helmet x2
TVC/tbs clone head x2
TVC Kithaba bandolier (CHECK, got it)
Tvc fordo bandolier x2 OR fordo bandolier x1 and fordo shoulder pauldron x1
Capt needa/scanning crew officer/tvc at-at commander arms
TVC endor commando arms
navy commander torso and legs (can be missing arms)
NOT PICTURED:
Rebel Honor guard arms
TAC Biggs (not pilot) arms

Last edited by johnmorog on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please see above post for some parts I'm looking out for. Posted in the for sale and trade area of the forums too.

As promised, here are the elite brothers, Captain Arcad (orange pauldron), "Duo" (vertical pouches), and "Musket" (the one with the musket....). Here they are under the command of Lieutenant Maron Namony, and "that grunt who survived" in the background.
Here is a photo of the AT-DT I repainted also:
Yautjaclanleader wrote:The Walker looks sick! Just need to see it airdrop and slosh into the mud and we'll have a badass scene right there! 8)
YAK_Chewie wrote:Agreed, excellent paint job on the walker.

:wink:

Thanks! Here are some more close up photos. Panel lining the entire thing was actually very fun, and I like how the mud turned out. Thanks for the compliments!
Lox Padarco got riled up during a sensitive conversation with Saelt Marae. Yakface remained calm as Lox rambled on threateningly giving Yakface all the info he wanted...
This custom started back when we were doing the droids challenge with the legs. I loved how those legs fit with the pants. That's as far as I got lol. Then I decided to put some more pieces together and finished this up just this last week.

Recipe:
head/hands: VTSC Greedo
lower leg: 4-lom
Upper legs: TBS Mosep Bineed
Torso: Was from the fodder box. I want to say it was the green rebel fleet trooper from a comic pack
Upper arms: TCW Anakin
Lower arms: 30th Galactic marine
Cybernetic collar: TVC Snoke
Don't usually do non-star wars customs, but I bought an acid rain figure from a friend at work, so I will probably be doing a few apocalyptic type custom figures, starting with this one. The poncho is based on Jyn Erso's poncho on Eadu. Base figure was a GI Joe Renegades Duke. Quite pleased with how the leg paint turned out as well as the weathering.
This was a great weekend for customs. Knocked out 3 figures of varying difficulties. Val was the most complex, but probably the most rewarding. I also really like how Beckett turned out. The goggles are removable, and he has his original holsters. Both val and the six inch figure have cloth scarves. The six inch figure was mostly a repaint, with a sculpted mustache and cast armor and hat. Might try selling the 6" figure, might not... we'll see. The paint I used for the armor is as close to the actual screen-used color as I could get (citadel castellan green). I prefer the cast armor since the snowtrooper armor isn't actually accurate mudtrooper armor. I also added a leather strap, belt and cast pouch to my lieutenant. The lieutenant and Beckett have accurate and appropriate rank insignia on their armor.
WIP beckett
6" figure
close up of his stachy stache

Recipes:
Val: close to the customs for the kid recipe
Head- Val 5poa
Helmet- atst driver helmet, not sure which
Torso- snowtrooper
Upper arms- TCW Obiwan armor
Lower arms, lower torso, legs, feet- Jyn TBS
Shins- Val 5poa
Officer skirt- take your pick
red ropes- Val 5poa
Cape/scarf- custom cut

Beckett:
Torso/arms- Rebel Honor Guard
Skirt- Mosep Bineed
hands/head- Beckett 5poa
Legs- Ponda Baba
holsters- Beckett 5poa
Coat- Endor victory accessory pack (the best coat ever)
Hat- Luke imperial disguise comic pack
Goggle- GI Joe
Cast armor- 5poa mudtrooper

Sixer figure
Main figure- Finn FO Officer disguise
Cast armor and cast hat- han mudtrooper and veers cap
custom cut scarf
Barbie doctor accessory pack coat.
Another non-star wars custom after my bout with Mimban. When I first found this character online I really wanted to make a custom of it. With some patience I found the fodder for a good price (toybiz Doctor Strange, Rhino BAF wave Ghost rider). The cloak is completely custom made, and wired.
A couple more customs over the weekend I completed. Repainted my scarif captain and added a squad leader to the mix. Gave him a soft-goods skirt.
The Sith is of no particular reference, but I liked the way he looked so I went with the original design! He is made from GI Joe and Thor parts.
Last edited by johnmorog on Wed May 22, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Entertainers? Nah, it'll never be chosen. :wink:[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

I love all these entries!!! My first custom in a[…]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1

As a member of Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders, the Dypl[…]

And yes! Maybe some of the Will Turner figures w[…]

Hi, I have a couple copies of John Tyler Christoph[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Oh, boy... desperately need the following if anyo[…]