Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By UKHistory
Shocked to get my order. Thought it was cancelled. Thrilled by this set. Great deal for the price. Would love to see Imperial set or cloud city would. be awesome.

A cloud city piece that could mesh with the carbon freeze chamber.
By darthvlad
Finally got an email from Walmart regarding the delay.

We're sorry.
Your items are on backorder.
Hello darthvlad,
We're really sorry, but one or more items you purchased are currently on backorder and may be delayed. We'll be getting more inventory and will fill your order as soon as we can.

If we can't ship the items by 06/07, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email.

If you'd rather not wait for the items to come back in stock, you can cancel now them by following this link or signing in to your account.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

So I have a little more than a week to hope I get it or they cancel the order. :x
By darthvlad
Doesn't sound like I'll be getting this at all. Called WM Customer Service and they said it doesn't appear that they're getting anything more in-stock. The webpage now says they are no longer getting it, so I guess I'm out of luck. It's nice to hear that some people that ordered these a couple weeks ago got theirs when I ordered mine when they were first offered.

The guy did send me a $25 off $45 purchase, which Jodo says I can use on the next item they cancel on me.

Maybe Hasbro needs a notice on their wonderful exclusives partner.
By Jodo
darthvlad wrote:
Jodo wrote:Walmart is just a joke. :?

You know how to take a preorder, but you don't know how to fulfill the preorder.

Yet somehow they fulfilled the second round orders when they restocked. :oops:
By YAK_Chewie
Sucks.

I wonder if this item has been so hot online that they have a concern that they aren't going to have enough to represent at brick and mortar so have cancelled some orders?

They are a mess though. I had trouble with Mimban Stormtrooper orders and Lando Skiff Guard orders getting cancelled. Eventually it all worked out, so hopefully that will be the case with these...

:roll:
By darthvlad
Well, I'm officially cancelled now. :x There aren't any good deals on ebay. There's one for $50 minus the figures (that Han is essential to this set) or the rest are over $100.

At this point, I don't care if I get it. Walmart is a joke of a partner and I wish Hasbro would just make them Pulse exclusives now.
I read on another site that a number of people hoarded them - some ordered 8, 10, 12...I think that might be behind some cancellations. Shame WM didn't restrict the order totals per household. If you're going to have a limited supply online, meeting the orders of the most customers will surely be more beneficial than sending a dozen to one person. I'm waiting for retail myself, as I'm in no urgent rush and I'll never buy something from a scalper.
By Jodo
darthvlad wrote:Well, I'm officially cancelled now. :x There aren't any good deals on ebay. There's one for $50 minus the figures (that Han is essential to this set) or the rest are over $100.

At this point, I don't care if I get it. Walmart is a joke of a partner and I wish Hasbro would just make them Pulse exclusives now.

You could always add a magnet to one of your existing carbonite blocks!

I agree wholeheartedly though. Walmart is terrible at catering to collectors. Hasbro should do like LEGO does and always offer the exclusives through their website as well as the retailer.
By darthvlad
Jodo wrote:You could always add a magnet to one of your existing carbonite blocks!

Yeah, but I'd need the playset and I'm not paying full price for a set that's missing $30 worth of product. Like I said, I'm completely turned off by the experience, especially if people were hoarding them to scalp them later. People like that are just jerks, but that's nothing new. We see it all the time. I can't imagine that this is a positive thing for Hasbro, but I guess they have their money.

What I'd love to see now is to walk into a Ross and buy it for $10. :lol:

EDIT: Probably the worst thing about this set is that this is the only way to get the carded figures within set that are a part of the line. If there are completionists that want a full set of carded figures they might be out of luck.
Wow, I feel terrible for all the people who have had such bad luck.

I really was one of the lucky ones, I got my set exactly on the date promised when I initially ordered it. It didn't even show up as in progress, shipping wise, until the night before, but it arrived amazingly on schedule.

Personally, i hate everything about Wal Mart and the only thing I have ever bought or will ever buy from them are exclusive SW items. They are horrible and I really hope they never get another exclusive, ever.

I hope two things come from this debacle -

1) Hasbro realizes there's a robust market for playsets

and

2) Hasbro really rethinks Wal-Mart as an exclusive partner (which is unlikely given how huge they are, but we can always hope!)
Last edited by Lance Quazar on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By YAK_Chewie
I agree, if there's a silver lining it's that Hasbro/Walmart have to see that the cardboard playsets suck and have a very small market, while something of the nature of the Jabba's playset is in demand (and hell, it always HAS been - Hasbro's just been to blind to see it). And I feel the carded figures inside are a genius move to help ensure successful sales. It's probably the smartest thing they could have done on this set.

As for people not getting their orders, I feel bad too. I do think that there are more on the way though. And if I was in the boat of not having one, I'd probably do the dumb thing and overpay to have it because I'm a playset junkie and would really be upset not having this in my collection.

:wink:

Movakko and crew The Nikto Movakko could be call[…]

Community fodder box...

will need Lance Quazar address:P. Thanks, roro[…]

Asajj Ventress in Ball Gown p64 / Index p1

Thanks so much, Chewie! Formerly wanted by both t[…]

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]