Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I really like the Rogue One Stormtrooper and would use that figure for army building. However I would also buy Multiple Han's just because you can always swap out the heads and give your other Han's the better face and still have a good Stormtrooper. I'm on a budget and can't afford to buy every repacked Han with new face. I think of it like buy a Stormtrooper and get a free Han head (at retail price only).
jeffd wrote:This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on a chance to get Jabba's Palace play set. Might be a long wait unless you pay scalper prices.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Th ... /151509537

I keep checking daily, but I get the same page doesn't exist response. I'd would have liked to have gotten one, but i'm not paying scalper prices. Plus, someone got 16 of them and is selling them for over $100? People like that have no conscience and ruin the hobby... but can't blame them when 14 people were dumb enough to buy it for that price.

Oh well. I'll stop now before I go on a rant.
By jeffd
darthvlad wrote:
jeffd wrote:This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on a chance to get Jabba's Palace play set. Might be a long wait unless you pay scalper prices.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Th ... /151509537

I keep checking daily, but I get the same page doesn't exist response. I'd would have liked to have gotten one, but i'm not paying scalper prices. Plus, someone got 16 of them and is selling them for over $100? People like that have no conscience and ruin the hobby... but can't blame them when 14 people were dumb enough to buy it for that price.

Oh well. I'll stop now before I go on a rant.

I agree completely. I'd love to have one but I won't pay scalper price. Wish everyone could say no and shutdown that side of collecting.
Last edited by jeffd on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grabbed me one of the new Stormies too. Its really awesome! But I noticed its REALLY hard to find one (and this goes ESPECIALLY for the new Han too) with good, well aligned helmet deco. Almost every single one I've come across of both of those figures has had paint bleeding off the edges in an incredibly noticeable manner.

Also grabbed an old DE Comic Pack Luke :D

They go together real nicely lol

YAK_Chewie wrote:Nice pic...

Thanks!

Had to do a LOT of clean up on this guy in photoshop with his paint job. You can still see oddities I couldn't fix like how much his left eye bleeds onto his helmet. Lots of paint straight up missing from his body suit

YAK_Chewie wrote:Would love to see an unedited pic for comparison.... the ones I've seen have nice paint jobs.... but maybe my standards are lower, lol.

:wink:

Half/sloppy painted frown (with the half that is painting bleeding off the edges). This is an issue I've seen on just about every single Trooper Disguise Han too. And I've seen a LOT of those. Which stopped me from grabbing one even on sale. Its not a matter of finding one painted well, its finding one the one painted the "least worst" lol.

Paint bleeding off the eye lens onto the helmet

Sloppy painted body glove (especially those shoulders)

Black Paint drip on the armor

Misaligned ab button paint

Honestly almost every bit of paint on here is at least misalligned. And EXCEPT for Hans photo real face on that figure, those all had the same issues.

Thanks, I see what you mean. I think the eye lens is pretty minor but it's more noticeable on the black arm areas. I've had many previous Stormtroopers that I've touched up black paint on before and probably will have a bit of work to do on some of these too, admittedly.

This is still about as good as I think we'll ever see in 3.75" scale, and they are way better than previous 3.75" Stormtrooper paint apps...

...and yeah, I saw a lot of Hans with bad paint and even mishaped helmets.

:thinking:
Received the Crait Luke wave from Hasbro Pulse today - each figure came in a large box, each of which was sufficient to hold all three figures - seems like a waste of resources to me, but carded collectors will likely appreciate it. Overall, cant say I'm overly excited about the wave - the troops both look cool, but hardly feel like fresh new releases. The Crait Luke figure was the one I've been looking forward to, unfortunately the head doesn't look anything like the prototype they had in the slideshow. The highlights on the hair and beard look more like the toupee and dyed beard of Chuck Norris. They nailed his squint on the cardback though, so much so that you can barely see anything outside of pin sized pupils - mine looks possessed, lol. As a customizer, I frequently correct the deco on figures, but I might have to repaint most of the head on this one. Photo Real isn't there yet - at least in the 3.75 scale. Some repaints such as Vader and Leia look good, but Crait Luke does not hit the mark.

SDCC 2019

Someone spotted a 6” Bib Fortuna in some photos...[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Sweetd This was a fun round and a lot of great ent[…]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

You know, I really feel that they could have blown[…]

Community fodder box...

Consider this party started!!! I sent it out just […]

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with th[…]

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with th[…]

A-Wing Pilots Here are some customs from six yea[…]

Excellent haul! I’ve never seen Disney Stores or […]