Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

I really dig the droids. Particularly the overall look of Sixies and the paint job on Sunny. The lines on the astromech look really good and sharp. Nicely done!
Utinniii wrote:I like all your droids, especially how you repurposed the WED droid.

Thanks. I found the Jawa/WED 2 pack at a local comic book store. I figured I would just repaint and modify the WED as is. As I was taking it out of the package I noticed it's upside down in the package. I was struck with inspiration. :D
I took off four of the arms, popped on the head of JN-66 and placed it on the base

Darth_Cain wrote:I really dig the droids. Particularly the overall look of Sixies and the paint job on Sunny. The lines on the astromech look really good and sharp. Nicely done!

Thanks Darth-Cain for the kind words but I can't take credit for the astromech. I didn't do anything to it all except for put it together. All of it is basic build a droid parts.
After reading the article on General Hux I picked up a couple awhile ago on clearance. I decided to see what bodies his head would fit on. I tried the head on a TBS Dutch Vander body but I couldn't buy him as a Rebel. I then went with an Imperial Naval Commander which I felt was a way better choice. I envision this guy as a relative of Hux.
Attachments
008.JPG
Add description
008.JPG (55.09 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
Last edited by darthapathy on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wal-Se Johde Wal Se-Johde was born on the Corellian colony of Arcayed III, 121 BBY. Like most Jedi, he was taken to the Jedi temple at an early age and tested for Force potential. Wal-Se excelled at his training but unfortunately was unable to pass the trials. Like many other Jedi before him that didn't pass into knighthood, he was transferred to Jedi Service Corps. Based on his training, abilities, and interests, he was assigned to Exploration Corps or ExplorCorps as it is called. In the corps, he travelled to several planets exploring lost civilizations and cultures. He was ecstatic when he learned that he would be heading up an expedition into the Unknown Regions.

Recipe
Head- Han Solo TFA (TBS)
Body-Obi Wan Kenobi (BD 06-TLC)

Okay, this is my "selfie" custom. I'm not saying that I look like Harrison Ford but I'm not saying I don't either :wink:
Seriously though, I used this head for two reasons; first, like so many Han Solo heads, it resembles Harrison Ford but not 100% spot on. Second, it is the head of a Caucasian Male in the age range of 30-50 years of age, has average features and sports the same hair style that I do.
His name comes from my Star Wars name according to the formula developed when the Phantom Menace came out. If you have forgotten, unaware or not even alive then, here is the formula. The first name is determined by the first 3 letters of your last name plus the first 2 letters of your first name. The last name is the first 3 letters of your mother's maiden name plus the first 2 letters of the city you were born in.
Attachments
008 (3).JPG
Add description
008 (3).JPG (68.97 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Jak D'Kard Jak was born on Coruscant. Like many other Force sensitives, he was taken to the Jedi Temple at an early age. He was trained in the ways of the Force. Unfortunately, he failed his Trials so he didn't achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. Still determined to serve the Jedi and the ways of the Force, he joined the Jedi Exploration Corps. Even without using his Force abilities, it seemed that he had natural talent in piloting spacecraft. He learned to fly both non-combat and combat ships. When he learned of the FarStar Expedition, he was first to sign up to pilot the mission.

Recipe
Head-Sandstorm Han* (TLC)
Body- Nicanas Tassu

*= see what I mean about Han Solo heads?
Attachments
009 (2).JPG
Add description
009 (2).JPG (84.48 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Aldo Muur The Sullustan Aldo Muur began training to be a Jedi Knight as a youth. He was crestfallen when he failed his Trials. He was about ready to give it all up when he learned that his talents could serve the Jedi Order in another way. He joined the Exploration Corps and focused on ship piloting and repair. He heard about an expedition into the Unknown Regions and a need for a co-pilot and navigator. He didn't give it a second thought. He volunteered immediately.

Recipe
Head-Nien Nunb (TLC)
Body- Obi Wan Kenobi (TVC 31)
Attachments
010 (2).JPG
Add description
010 (2).JPG (63.23 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
Devin Rell A native of Chandrilla, Devin Rell trained to be a Jedi. Not making it as a Jedi Knight, he went to support services. He began training in the Medical Corps. He also developed an expertise in Botany and Zoology. When he heard about an expedition into the Unknown Regions, he jumped at the chance. Not only could he be of use as a medic, he could also discover and study new flora and fauna.

Recipe
Head-Tycho Celchu (TAC)
Body-Joclad Danva (TLC)
Attachments
011 (2).JPG
Add description
011 (2).JPG (67.78 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
A-Wing Pilots Here are some customs from six years ago that I never posted. Somehow they just slipped through the cracks so to speak. While discussing the hopes of a line of figures from Jurassic Park III and the inclusion of a Paul Kirby figure (William H Macy) and after Lance Quasar talked about using the Paul Kirby head from the Hasbro JP III figure, I also recalled using the head for a custom. I went through all my posts and realized I never posted it. Anyway, here are four A-Wing pilots. For pilots 1,2, and 4 I used the Jake Farrell body from The Legacy Collection Evolutions Rebel Pilots III. The heads are John D. Brannon (TLC Evolutions Rebel Pilot III), Death Star Trooper (TAC) and Paul Kirby (JP III). The third one is made from a Tycho Celchu body (TAC) and Echo Base Trooper head (TLC)
Attachments
A-Wing Pilots; Endor.JPG
Add description
A-Wing Pilots; Endor.JPG (63.98 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

Either their warehouse is screwed up or they are p[…]

I also liked the boots on the ground aspect of Rep[…]

Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Pulse shipped my TFF order of 4 figures in 3 diffe[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

I'll take the purple and gold one (can't remember […]

Star Wars Dioramas

Cool! I miss seeing dioramas like this one. Th[…]