Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Utinniii
johnmorog wrote:Dang that makes me wish grievous had been a more unique color than tan! looks cool! I love your treadwells. They came out really nice.

I was really pleased with how the Sentinel droid worked out. I've had the fodder for the head possibly since 1997 but 1] it was too large for say, 21-B or 3-P0, and 2] because they are flat, they would look silly on an upright neck. I also wanted to use the wings since then but didn't have a figure that suited them. They are 2 POA BTW, so I can flap them and tuck them down.
I have another set of wings and possibly the material for another head so I make make a second one.

I'm also really happy with the treadwells, which also have had parts sitting in my fodder bins for at least a decade. I'm thinking of making molds of the yellow one since I like it so much.
By Utinniii
These droids fight for the amusement of sentients.

Round 1
CR-4B VS Probe

CR-4B is a Korean Model.
Probe is a repainted Gundam
REF-1 is an Ironman body with a GI-Joe head
Background droids are repaints. R-Unit heads are cast.

Round 2
War Bantha VS Battle Drek

The War Bantha is owned by a tribe of Jawas. Each victory, it is modified with any useful parts from the defeated droid.
Treads: Gundam
Head: GI-Joe scorpion body
The rest are random fodder parts.
It is pretty articulated and the blades retract.

A not-so-swift Rodian thought he could create a pair of entirely robotic "nek" and get it past the Battle Nek Pit Fighting Club. However, the cyborg animals quickly realized they were fake. Now, the Battle Dreks fight only other robots.

REF-2 is a BAD head I had no body for and a surplus Ironman body.
By Utinniii
johnmorog wrote:What's the round yellow guy? He looks like Wheatly from Portal 2.

I'm not sure but I think he is from Gundam or Robotech (or are they the same thing?). I just got it because it was neat looking and I might cast his arms later.
Sith Probe

It is a Korean toy top painted. I added the metal poles in the bottom and the cords are guitar string.
By Utinniii
Because Droid day only comes twice a year!

BB-GR8: Repainted BB-8 in R2-D2 colors
QT-Pi: Repainted Keychain with fake eyelashes. She is the mother of BB-8. I wish I had watched the source material before making her. I mistakenly remembered her being bigger than BB-8.

Meanwhile, a 4 way cage match is going on.

LAN-K3 has a FX-7 body, Robotech? head and Jurassic World Sub base with added foamboard for height. The arm is from a GI-JOE scorpion, with Korean gun, wire and the face of a Reaction Worst figure (X something).

Black is part of a Korean model.

Blade is a Beyblade? with a cast Jawa Droid Factory arm.

Drek is a McToy with a Korean Model head.

Yet another battle droid.

BB-R2 & BB-R5
Here are my last two entries for the year just before I head out for festivities.

It was a fun contest and I wish everyone a happy New Year.

When X-Wings transitioned to the BB series, the original models had heads similar to their astromech counterparts. This was done so older pilots would be more inclined to upgrade.
Early models had the astromech personality uploaded to the BB units but that turned out to be impractical as the bodies were too dissimilar.

The heads are from the Disney (Mini Sandcrawler) BAD blind boxes. There are 3 different heads with 12 total different droids. I like them for their heads and they can also make a good forced perspective background droid.
Last edited by Utinniii on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Utinniii

The fighting CR-4B-E
Legs are a McToy,
Claw???
Head is from a Jurassic World Sub.

This droid has taken exception to the ref's ruling.

Head is a modified Transformer part.
Arm is from a mini Ultron figure
By Utinniii
BB-R2 & BB-R5

When X-Wings transitioned to the BB series, the original models had heads similar to their astromech counterparts. This was done so older pilots would be more inclined to upgrade.
Early models had the astromech personality uploaded to the BB units but that turned out to be impractical as the bodies were too dissimilar.

The heads are from the Disney (Mini Sandcrawler) BAD blind boxes. There are 3 different heads with 12 total different droids. I like them for their heads and they can also make a good forced perspective background droid.

Group shots

These last 2 shots are some of my unfinished droids.

By Utinniii
Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with the primary difference being that Ligulatechans are not bipedal but instead use dozens of petals and tendrils to ambulate around. They are mostly peaceful and arguably sentient. While they can be intelligent, most only concern themselves with their environment. They don’t care about the science behind a sunrise or the water cycle, only that those things affect their growth.

They are brightly colored but their fragrances are not palatable to the human nostril.

They were all made with sundry fake plant parts. I painted them based off of descriptions of Affytechans in the book Children of the Jedi as well as Googling tropical plants. The novel didn’t state that Affytechans were bipedal (bi-petal?) although Wookiepedia states they are.
They weren't described much in the book. This is basically what was said.

There was a Blue and White captain and it was said that they slung their "guns" [mops] over their shoulders but I took that to mean from their programming, and that they didn't have actual shoulders. It was also never mentioned that they had conventional heads.
By Utinniii
During the era of the Old Republic, some Sith decided to escape to the unknown regions.
They landed on the mostly Aquatic planet of Sirphinberd.

The planet already had several intelligent species which made great slaves.
The natives has never been exposed to the Force before, especially the Dark side.
However, they quickly discovered that they had an aptitude for it. They learned in secret until they knew all the secrets of the word of the Sith.

Then they ate their masters.

Here is a Sirphin wearing the traditional garb of the Sith that landed there controlling one of the many Force creatures that were created to serve.

Head is an upside down Davy Jones. Body is from a Maul keychain figure.
Fish is a repainted toy. I made the scales shiny and more fishy.

I haven't quite decided if I will repaint the robes in more aquatic colors or not. What do you think?
By Utinniii
ctonra wrote:love the fish and the Davy Jones upside down head, great thinking, Very Mondo Beefhead Vibe going on

When I saw that creature, I had to have it. I toyed with giving it some kind of harness but the fin in the back made it really difficult.

I also see the Beefhead vibe. Turning head to strange angles really gives a few more opportunities for alien heads. I've got at least 2 more in the works.

Next up;

I had a Juno Eclipse head that was chewed up so I thought I would make them into scars.

I gave the one guy a huge birthmark.
By Utinniii
Each of these figures had at least one item from the fodder box, so whomever didn't need them, thanks!

I'm not even sure where many of the parts are from. Most are simple swaps and repaints.

"Shorty". I've had this figure forever, but never had a head.

"Loc-nar Priest". Yujin capsule toy needed some legs. Pantyhose skirt.

"Troll". I've also had that helmet for a long time. It fits on the Chap-mei troll head that was left over from my Gamorrean thug from the last contest. It actually fits rather well.

"Deep One guard". Skylander head that I really liked on a more suitable body.

"Shrinking Violet". I tried to 3D print a few items at once which caused all 3 to abort. The head is actually the inverted torso of an alien bust.
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$2.50 is cheap - great price. Which Walmart? Di[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I just realized that there is one detail that Hasb[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles