Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Utinniii
I finally got the pillars of the conservatory done! They were holding me back but I finally pushed through and finished them off. I still have most of the plants to do.
The Griffon is from a different part of the ride.

I also glued so more items to the attic pillars.
You can also see that I added a bit of wood grain to the ceiling.

Most of these are finished painting. The round table is made from a tile and a Barbie chair.
I lucked out finding some pewter chairs which I painted to look like chairs that are actually in the attic.

Once I finish painting, I should be able to move the diorama to it's proper home and then fill in the attic!
By Utinniii
It turns out that I have waaay too much junk! I could have made the attic twice as long. It's been fun placing the junk around though. I will probably tinker with it for several days (perhaps weeks since I have to wait for stuff coming in the mail.). I think I need to actually glue some of it down. When Hattie fell over, lots of other things got messed up.

By Utinniii
Jodo wrote:This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted Mansion, and you’ve done an excellent job bringing it to life in this scale!

Thanks! One of my earliest memories (I must have been 3 or 5) was shivering between my parents as the shadow hands crossed the demon clock. I loved the ride even then.

The Phantom tried to sneak a piano into my attic!

(He doesn't know I'm making the Ballroom Organ sometime down the line.)

I've placed most of the objects. I still have bits and bobs to do still. Hattie is happy though. But a little lonely.

By Utinniii
Hattie is thrilled his Bride is here.

She is based off of the original Bride. Pictures were hard to find of her, but here she is.

And the skeleton is from the game. I haven't decided if I will paint him green or not. I may put in a green GITD light though. There are small ones one can put in one's mouth.

I still have a few suitors to make so I'm not finished yet.
By Utinniii

K-0OL-1 is a decommissioned early model KX series security droid where they used the inferior bodies of the protocol droids.

K is attached to a lesser Imperial bureaucrat and no longer on active duty. He is currently trying to track down his master who was discretely sent down to Jeddha on a secret mission by Director Krennic. K is troubled because his programming suggests that Krennic is not really an ally to his master. He is also worried because it seems like the Empire is pulling out of Jeddha in a hurry so he wants his master to complete his mission with all haste.

K-0Ol1 is based off an early concept sketch of K-2SO. I had a vintage C-3P0 with a missing hand.

Nigreomancer and Mount

Some think they use force powers while others think they are charlatans. Regardless, these mysterious beings are always viewed with trepidation.

Painted Leia with feather and Batman? Cape
Repainted lizard and saddle. I actually bought the lizard because the saddle was already on it. Some cool kid made that and I wanted to preserve it.

Yoko is a Momo, an avian-like species that lives in flocks. Her flock decided to travel through the stars only to crash land on a desert planet. She was the only survivor.
Momo has never lived alone and was devastated when she discovered that her flock was gone, especially all the eggs and hatchlings.

She lives on the fringes of an outpost and is drawn to nurture the children there. The citizens mistrusted her and later blamed her when some children went missing. Now she lives in fear because they are hunting her while she is simultaneously drawn to their community to escape the madness of her isolation.

Yoko Momo has a Rey body with Greenstuff fingers and feet. The head is sculpted with Model Magic.

Child is a How To Train Your Dragon body with a Kindertoy head (I think!)

Momo needs a close up!

By Utinniii
YAK_Chewie wrote:Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, those Halloween customs and scenery are extremely impressive. :)

:wink:

Thanks! My Town slowly evolved since 2002 and has been in 3 different countries. I have most of the denizens, even the one's that were only seen for a few seconds.

She Came From Planet Clair

Planet Clair has pink air
All the trees are red
No-one ever dies there
No-one has a head.

While this was a simple custom, child me is really proud of this. Whenever I heard Planet Clair I would imagine dancers with tassels on their arms that would turn into eyelashes and their head would become the eyeball. They would jerk their heads back and forth like moving eyes to the music.
The Anime figure's pose was almost perfect.
She's being watched by a fan.
Clair is an Anime figure with fake eyelashes.
Fan is a modified Monster Inc figure with pins for the teeth. Eye is based loosely from LOTR.
By Utinniii
I was unhappy with my Conservatory so I got rid of it.

Just kidding! I always intended for this wall to be removable. This will be part of the Corridor of Doors.
I also started the Endless Hallway. I did a lot of figuring out things so even though it doesn't look like much, I actually did a lot of the hard work. I have a bit more of trying to figure things out but this will go fast once I do that. It is harder/easier in some ways since I have no template for this.
Another thing slowing me down is that I can't find 2 way mirror film. There was a time when every bodyshop had them but tinted windows aren't as popular so I haven't found any yet. I will have to look harder since I will finish this soon (or at least before Halloween).

Here are some paper doors I was considering to use but am really unhappy with. Instead, I will create one door, make a cast of it, and make several 3D doors. There is a lot of finicky work but I will be happy with the end result. There are five layers (so far). I tried to carve the designs into the posts but it didn't work out. I will add a foam layer and hopefully solve that issue.

I was also sidetracked with making these characters. I think the body is too bulky so I will have to look for something slimmer. Both are WIPs and have a of of work to do.

By Utinniii
Here is one I really like how it turned out.

Head: Poison Ivy Accessory. I kept the chomping action, although it lost a bit of range.
Body: Water Dragon
Arms: Pokemon McToy
More arms: cut all the legs off a toy centipede

I call it a Toofer since as I was priming it, I realized it made another awesome creature when turned upside down.
I can see this in the background of a comic book. This version is very large and can take on an AT-AT.

By Utinniii
I made the Knight's alcove. Like the COD, this wall is removable so I can see the room behind it.

I also painted the floor of the Endless Hallway.

I wanted to add trim but the hobby store was out of the size I needed.

Making the door in 3D is really hard. It would be so easy using a Cricut or rendering it on a 3D printer. Straight lines really slow me down. I really need to finish this before I can continue in other parts.

That being said, I also cut out the remaining walls and roughed out how I want the rest of the diorama to look. Figuring out the dimensions of the wall panels took a long time but I'm glad that is done.

I also figured out how do deal with some upcoming problems so even though there isn't much to show for it, I accomplished quite a bit.

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]