Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Here is a sneak peek at the new packaging for fall 2010... look for an official announcement later this month.

Thanks to our Yarkora spies for the image.
Ugh! I hope this is an early April Fool's joke. I thought we would never see blue again after the continuous collector complaints of The Legacy Collection. Hasbro alluded to a return to the vintage style. I hope this is not the intended direction now.
This surely is the packaging for the Clone Wars figures, and if it is I like it, it will make a distinction between the TLC packaging and the other lines Packaging, as I still believe it will be Vintage for TLC.
Remember, current Legacy packaging uses the clone troopers on them too. (Dewback, Wedge's X-wing, Target and TRU Exclusive TIEs, BPs etc.) I think this will be a unified look across all lines.
The Professor wrote:Yikes. I can't believe they're updating so soon. We just saw the new packaging a few months ago. Now, the rest is all backlogging. Oh, well.

I think this is tied to the line refresh coming fall 2010
YAK_Chewie wrote:Looks interesting... it almost looks as though it's a cardboard box that a figure slides into. Or am I looking too much into it?

:wink:

This is just a proof of concept type rendering for boxed items. The card back design will be pickup design cues from this overall theme.

Like these past examples:
Attachments
Picture-2.jpg
Picture-2.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Picture-4.jpg
Picture-4.jpg (71.45 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
Picture-2.jpg
Picture-2.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
Picture-1.jpg
Picture-1.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So this is for Autumn next year when all of a sudden there will be a market for movie figures again in the UK! :roll:

And yet again money wasted on new packaging when we've only just got the last and the previous is still on the shelves, seriously i understand refreshing a line but this is ridiculous.
You think a packaging change is ridiculous? They have to do stuff like this to keep it fresh for kids and collectors alike. A new series is a good jumping on point for people - just act some of the people in the forums who haven't been collecting since the start of POTF2. Personally, I like the format of the basic figs, but haven't been a big fan of the last few "designs," so I'm really excited to see this change next year. Hopefully Legacy will be differentiated enough to really make the two lines stand out.

Jay - thanks for the comparison pics. Cool to see how the box translate to the basic figure cards.
JediJman wrote:You think a packaging change is ridiculous? They have to do stuff like this to keep it fresh for kids and collectors alike. A new series is a good jumping on point for people - just act some of the people in the forums who haven't been collecting since the start of POTF2. Personally, I like the format of the basic figs, but haven't been a big fan of the last few "designs," so I'm really excited to see this change next year. Hopefully Legacy will be differentiated enough to really make the two lines stand out.

Jay - thanks for the comparison pics. Cool to see how the box translate to the basic figure cards.

JediJman i did say in my post i understand why they refresh the line packaging, but when you have only just got the latest new packaging turning up and the older one still sitting on the shelves it is a ridiculous pace and an unneccessary cost which will be past onto us presumablely. At least back in the POTF2 days we had time to get used to packaging. Now i'm trying to think do any other line either by Hasbro or not get this much change in packaging?
Remember, the current red/white packaging will last until summer/fall 2010. This new design needs to be worked out now to be ready for printing and product roll out next year.

Also, the current Red/White line was revealed in Jan 2009 and we saw the new packaging in stores in June 2009, so seeing this preview now isn't anything new.
As an opener, I dont care much about packaging - but I think its odd that Hasbro would go back to using a blue/white design - there is nothing fresh about it. I'd personally like to see the Legacy line get a new look, while leaving the CW line the same. Legacy would be great in the classic black/silver (or gold, etc) - and it would clearly distinguish the two lines at retail.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]